Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatcund

Realair Turbine Duke for v3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great news! I hope the piston Duke and the Legacy won't be far behind.

there was a post on this in the development thread, and someone posted that it could be installed out side p3d dir: would be interested to know if this is the case. I tried it and was unsure so i reinstalled by browsing to the p3d dir. Anyways it looks fantastic, a new sim for me today, orbx Norway, duke and orbx had trees.

bob

Great news, I was waiting for this since I switched to v3.  Off to fly it.

Hey, Bob. The quote that it could be installed outside the P3D directory was taken directly from their web site. It looks like it is installed outside by default.

Hey, Bob. The quote that it could be installed outside the P3D directory was taken directly from their web site. It looks like it is installed outside by default.

Yes that's correct, it installs into the c: realair dir. With a statement don't change unless you know otherwise.

I did that but nothing appeared in the p3d v3 sim objects airplane folder so i was unsure, I should have started p3d to see if it had been installed. Hence my question if i install out side will it appear in the airplane list when I start p3d.

bob

Yes that's correct, it installs into the c: realair dir. With a statement don't change unless you know otherwise.

I did that but nothing appeared in the p3d v3 sim objects airplane folder so i was unsure, I should have started p3d to see if it had been installed. Hence my question if i install out side will it appear in the airplane list when I start p3d.

bob

LH have requested that products such as the Duke SHOULD be installed outside of the sim main folder and that's what we have done. We've gone to considerable trouble to explain this and if you look at the installer text it confirms that. No issues here at all. Please just follow the recommendations and everything will be fine! There are some cfg files that automatically point everything to the right place and wherever you install the Duke will show up in the aircraft list.

Rob - RealAir

Thanks Rob ... I get a lot of questions about the TDuke in V3 ... appreciate the work.

Cheers, Rob.

Woo hoo!  Thanks RealAir.

Although the Piston is my favourite (and the Legacy) so can't wait for those two! 

LH have requested that products such as the Duke SHOULD be installed outside of the sim main folder and that's what we have done. We've gone to considerable trouble to explain this and if you look at the installer text it confirms that. No issues here at all. Please just follow the recommendations and everything will be fine! 

Rob - RealAir

Have uninstalled and reinstalled on my K: drive, same ssd drive as P3Dv3 but not in the p3d folder. All ok

thanks

bob

Cant seem to download brought through simmarket entered details in to realair and not recognised installers on simmarket I believe are the old ones

Cant seem to download brought through simmarket entered details in to realair and not recognised installers on simmarket I believe are the old ones

Apologies. We released on our own site first to test the waters. If there are no reported issues we'll soon upload the new V3 installers to simmarket too. Thanks for your patience.

Rob - RealAir

Thanks Rob have already emailed you earlier will be patient

Thanks to Everyone at RealAir. Just a quick first impression...... As far as I can tell with just a few quick patterns, it is great! Seems much smoother in P3D v3 and of course it is beautiful to look at. Taxi behavior is much better than I remember from earlier versions. Sounds are even better than before including the engine rev. thrust and the touchdown effects seem perfect. Thanks again for all the hard work. It is a pleasure doing business with you guys because of great products and most important is the fact that unlike many of the developers, your guys don't complain, whine about your customers or LM. You just get the job done, it is usually near perfect on release and your pricing is way.... way more than fair. Thanks again Rob and all!!

FWIW I've installed both to the default install location and in my P3D v3 folder (not at the same time of course) and either location works fine

Thanks Ryan!

Lovin my TDv2 migrated to V3...

Now I am going to Adore it!!!....

If any of you are undecided,I have more than several vids on this beauty....here is one...

be sure to see in HD 1080

query...

Should't we uninstall the current TDv2 first?

Chas

Can't say enough good things about RealAir and their planes, top notch all the way......Can't wait for the optional turbo-engine model for the Legacy....Yee haw!

Cheers

Martin 

Great.  Love this plane.  Love the window rain drops.

Ahhh Chase,   come on give us access 

Thanks Ryan!

Lovin my TDv2 migrated to V3...

Now I am going to Adore it!!!....

If any of you are undecided,I have more than several vids on this beauty....here is one...

be sure to see in HD 1080

query...

Should't we uninstall the current TDv2 first?

Chas

Yes probably best to. If you have both P3d V2 and V3 you can install twice, once into each sim and the locations will be kept separate, the V3 version being installed  at a location outside the sim and the P3d V2 version installed as usual inside the sim\simobjects etc folders. The new version has a couple of additions some might find better, for example the reverse thrust now gently falls away when stowed rather than the default FSX/P3d behaviour which is to suddenly cut the sound off.

• Upvote 1

(...) the reverse thrust now gently falls away when stowed rather than the default FSX/P3d behaviour which is to suddenly cut the sound off.

Oh gosh. Thanks for that. I could litterally buy an other copy only for that, if I didn't have 3 children to feed.

I just happend to see if there was an update today as well and saw the V3 download on their website. Came here to post and found I was late to the party. Wohoo get to fly this beauty again. Thank you Realair. 

Are they charging us again just to have it in P3D?