Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

New York City X V2 Scenery by Drzewiecki Design FSX and P3D

Thought you guys would like this. I've become a bit of a perfectionist it seems, and I can see the flaws, but on the other hand, the devs have done an excellent job of ameliorating them and creating an impressive scenery. Depending on the frame rates, this could be a really nice buy.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'd be curious if any changes have been made between v1 and v2... The first iteration of the NYC X scenery seems to have a very performance-heavy reputation, which is logical considering the amount of detail being presented.

No amount of optimization will eliminate such performance hits, but I'd love to see a head-to-head between the two.

-Greg

Interested in seeing how this performs in V3 as well...anyone with hands-on experience care to comment on the improvements / changes?

Interested in seeing how this performs in V3 as well...anyone with hands-on experience care to comment on the improvements / changes?

Well, one thing I can see from the video is that instead of the sickly yellow night lighting, they just put bright lights in the streets to illuminate the buildings at night. It's clever, and actually much more attractive. There are also a good number of custom buildings rather than just the google street map ones (that can be super-low resolution and sometimes melted, like something from Salvador Dali)

As a New Yorker, that scenery is pretty remarkable/ 

Impressive! I found my office building in there properly modeled as it happens to have an odd shape. It isn't a landmark anyone would recognize, but they got it. Good job!

The Demo version seems to conflict with FSDT KJFK .

I get a constant loop saying that a scenery is causing Cuatl.exe  to restart or update to latest addon manager. 

Have to disable either one version.

The Demo is only 50% right ? The FPS seems nice . 30-40fps in the Carenado A36 maxed out in V3

Michael Moe

In my eyes, it is probably the most detailed and accurate rendition of a city I have ever come across in a flight simulator.  Flaws? I'm sure it's got some but the immersion level is supreme.  Kudos to the developer.

I owned V1 of this scenery and found it unusable due to performance. As a prior owner, I was offered V2 for around $12 US, and had reward points which allowed me to purchase for about $2. So despite my skepticism the price was unbeatable and I bought it. I'm running it in Prepar3d V3 on an i7-4790K CPU-based system running at just over 4.4 GHz, with 16 GB RAM and a 4 GB Nvida GTX 970 video card. It is very very impressive performance-wise and a vast improvement over V1. I have most of my detail sliders set pretty high and I'm getting an average of 20-30 FPS at 2560x1440 resolution over the Manhattan area, and the scenery is stunning. Well worth the investment even at full price IMO.

Is it on sale anywhere?  Simmarket is showing 50% off all DD products, but i don't see NY among them;-(

Just a word of caution to anyone purchasing NYCX from Simware. After confirming and being told it was V2, the download was still V1.2. They are looking into it, but it's now been a couple of days and still nothing...

Has anyone tried NYC v2 with a complex tubeliner (NGX, Aerosoft Airbus)? How is the performance?

I find the video comments informative. One wonders if P3D would have less OOM's.

I've tried it with an A2A 182, and I'm very impressed with the quality. I thought it wouldn't handle it. But it did. I haven't tried with any tubeliners yet though. But the scenery is amazing! Much more optimized than v1. 

It's a very nice scenery!

Pity it gives me 6.2 frames on a quite strong machine with the "light" textures... I usually get 60-70 elsewhere.

Simply unusable...

WOW - just installed V2 and it is incredible. The performance, given the detail, is mind blowing! Can't wait till they hit some of the world's other big centers... 

On my sli 970ssc i7-4790k 16gb 2400 system I'm getting 25-30 fps, full right sliders, FDW lear 35. Wow, and no oom. Slow flight orbit of Manhattan 5 times and all is happy.

Very nice! It's almost unbelievable the performance they're wringing out of the custom autogen models (given default can have such a hard impact).

Potroh, AI traffic in the area could have a massive impact on your performance - have you tried running with Air Traffic Manager? 

On my sli 970ssc i7-4790k 16gb 2400 system I'm getting 25-30 fps, full right sliders, FDW lear 35. Wow, and no oom. Slow flight orbit of Manhattan 5 times and all is happy.

Looks promising - Is this with any payware airports in the area ?

Michael Moe

Looks promising - Is this with any payware airports in the area ?

Michael Moe

No, but my traffic 6 active.

My findings in FSX-MS (many sliders way to the right):

• VAS close to 4 GB in the default trike with high-res textures as per the default installation (unusable with my preferred graphics options)
  • VAS about 3.6 GB with all three low-res options in the installer ticked (OK-ish für default planes or the Dodosim helicopter)
  • excellent frame rates with AI traffic off (both GA and commercial, fps close to my 30 fps limit)
  • AI traffic at 20%/20% (MT6) basically kills my fps - that's the fault of the airspace, not of the DD scenery
  • low buildings - as mentioned here already - are not lit at night, but the skyscrapers look very cool, even with the low-res textures installed

So fps-wise this scenery really has become usable and enjoyable. VAS-wise I have to be very careful about the plane I pick and/or my graphics settings.

Overall a considerable improvement. I refuse to pay for fixes, but the new buildings, bridges, and night textures come at a very reasonable upgrade price.

Bought it at 50% off at simmarket.com . Will try it tonight and report back even with the NGX.

I just upgraded my 1600MHZ dominator RAM to 2400MHZ and hoping for a 5-10% increase in FPS like i did from 1333 to 1800MHZ(o/c).

Michael Moe