Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

News on DTG Simulator is coming soon!

That makes no sense :-). Of course I have a choice, and I choose Mac OS X because I don't like Windows 10. 

I think it's a poor decision to lock your product down to a single OS. Others have managed quite successfully to support multiple platforms, e.g. Euro Truck Simulator, Cities Skylines, AeroflyFS, X-Plane. Not only that, not locking yourself to Windows APIs means you can easily port your application to mobile platforms, etc..

Let me rephrase that make the right choice  :P

Everything is 90% on windows and the devs need to go multi platform . Windows is more $$$ .

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

The ideal would be what we have, say, in Aerowinx PSX - a JAVA App :-)  It runs on any OS .....

Presently AEROWINX PSX, Aerofly FS, X-Plane 10 and Flight Gear are examples of cross-platform simulators. ELITE also runs in MAC Os :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

Everything is 90% on windows and the devs need to go multi platform . Windows is more $$$ .

Yep, and as already pointed out, I'm mostly an odd case and most people use Windows :). Luckily the only time I boot into Windows 10 is to use P3D. Everything else I have is already cross-platform. Most of the games I use work on Mac OS X because they seperated out the rendering code from main app, so you can choose either OpenGL or DirectX. 

Hello AVSIM!

Last year we were very excited to announce that we would be starting work on developing a brand new flight simulator. Since then we at DTG have spoken sparingly about the project and this has led to a lot of speculation regarding what precisely we are working on. It’s great that you are so eager to find out what exactly is happening, so we are pleased to say that we are indeed going to start talking more openly about our future plans next week.

Before this, however, we wanted to take a moment to speak to you, the dedicated simming community, about what we are striving to achieve in the long term. First of all, we would like to thank you. Your enthusiasm and passion has kept flight simulation alive, and for that, we are grateful.

We want to put flight simulation at the forefront of people’s minds once more. As you know, there is much to love about flight simulation and we want everyone to know about it. We intend to bring the hobby we all feel so passionately about to a brand new generation. We are deeply committed to supporting you, the existing community, to whom we owe so much, however without new players taking up the mantle, there is only so far the genre can grow.

We have been hanging out with the flight simulation and aviation communities since FSX: Steam Edition was released. We have been out talking to you face-to-face at key flight sim events, in addition to conducting surveys and polls, as well as extensive research including focus groups some of you may have attended. We have been intent on discovering what keeps you all simming, and what stops those who would like to get into flight simulation from doing so.

Out of all this, we have learned that flight simulation appeals to an incredible amount of people, but a lot of them find it too hard to get started. It has been a decade since any major developments have come to market, which means we have already, in theory, lost two generations of flight simmers. It is our aim to reclaim those would-be simmers, but in order to do so, we need to present flight simulation in a way that doesn't initially overwhelm them.

Additionally, it is important that we develop a flight simulator which takes full advantage of modern PC technology and can be continuously built upon as well as providing all the tools that existing add-on developers need to create great content for it. We are in this for the long haul and intend to support and expand upon this for years to come.

It is a massive vision and undertaking, but we believe in setting our sights sky high. We have made the decision to start by getting the basics right and showing those potential simmers just how enjoyable it can be.

Alongside this, we fully intend to continue to support FSX: Steam Edition for the foreseeable future while bringing your favourite add-ons to the Steam platform along with exciting new content.

Thank you once again for being such an amazing community to work with, and we look forward to sharing a long and rewarding journey with you.

-Aimee & the DTG team

• Upvote 11

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

TL;DR: MS Flight:SE ?

I only have two simple questions:

1) Will it have basic worldwide scenery (allowing uninterrupted flight)?

2) Will it have navaids?

• Upvote 1

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

Allow me Murmur...

3) Will  it based on the MSFS / ESP / MS FLIGHT Core Flight Dynamics Model ?

4) Will it have Global  Real World Weather, including winds, temperatures and turbulence ground and aloft ?

5) Will it have built in ATC better than the MSFS / P3D default ?

6) Will it be 64 bit ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

Well, they are hardly going to say much more before their (apparently) announced rollout next week.....  :smile:

My question is does Avsim have an interview lined up yet?  :dance:

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks to Aimee and DTG for beeing in touch! Mighty polite of you! 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Very nice for DTG to chime in but if you read between the lines sounds like to me a dumbed down flight simulator 

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

I find it funny that people say it's hard to get started,flying in the sim is easy with basic planes,I watched a 20 minute youtube video and learned how to take the NGX from cold and dark to flying and the NGX is a complex plane. From what I read I suspect it'll be another arcade style flight game, where planes don't even have cockpits just external models. it is positive that they are going to provide 3rd party devs with the tools to make adons which means they may just be building a base sim and letting addon devs make complex stuff just like they do now for FSX.... I'm holding out for AeroflyFS2

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I have a suggestion. Forgive me if it sounds ridiculous, but......maybe we should wait until DTG provide us with the facts before we start emptying the gun barrels?

• Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have a suggestion. Forgive me if it sounds ridiculous, but......maybe we should wait until DTG provide us with the facts before we start emptying the gun barrels?

Blasphemer!!!!!  :Tounge:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Their statement means nothing regarding how arcade it will be, i mean it could be all or nothing.

FSX default planes are arcade. Let's wait and see next week when we will get some new infos

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Their statement means nothing regarding how arcade it will be, i mean it could be all or nothing.

FSX default planes are arcade. Let's wait and see next week when we will get some new infos

Actually, with due respect to Aimee, this is the precise type of statement Microsoft made prior to the release of Flight, and we all know what we ended up with!

• Upvote 4

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I disagree. GTA5 planes are arcade. (with no ambition to be otherwise)  :p0502:

Devons rig