ErichB

Who is an active professional pilot - and on what type?

Just so we know who to go to for real advice.   :smile:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

just PPL-ed with a 172/152, yet i fly paragliders almost daily :) I'm a self proclaimed aerodynamics fanatic, and i spend the time studying it. Usually i know and research if a certain flight sim-model has a plausible FDE

Guilty as charged, I am rated on the B747-400, B747-8, B787, B757/767, A320, and SD3. I am also an active instructor pilot and FAA Examiner on the 747 and 787 currently. The A320 is the airplane I have the least experience in and it was from years ago, so my forte is certainly not Airbus. I am getting to be an old guy and the SD3 was from my regional flying days in the 1980's.

• Upvote 1

Me too.

Started out on the BAe ATP, 1,500hrs, then the BAe146 for 6 years and 3,500hrs.. Flew the Q400 for 6 years and about the vsame 5,500hrs and now have three years on the 737NG with 2,200 years under my belt. Flown a few Cessnas and Pipers, a Pitts S2 once and a S300 heli once too. Also one jaunt each in a Hawk and a Jet Provost T4.

• Upvote 1

Most of you know my story!

To date 4300 hours (4000 737-800 and Type Rating Instructor - 500 hours sim instruction) for a very large European operator and a very approachable guy who grew up with flight sim! 

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, Captain_Al said:

Guilty as charged, I am rated on the B747-400, B747-8, B787, B757/767, A320, and SD3. I am also an active instructor pilot and FAA Examiner on the 747 and 787 currently. The A320 is the airplane I have the least experience in and it was from years ago, so my forte is certainly not Airbus. I am getting to be an old guy and the SD3 was from my regional flying days in the 1980's.

Good luck Al,

I tried helping these folks and just ran out of patience. :smile:

Grace and Peace,

blaustern

Was a DMIR for the FAA for years working out of a very well known GAA antenna manufacturer.

Private ticket.

A little civilian, a lot of military and back to civilian again. Have ratings in airplanes and helicopters but primarily work now in the back end of Level D sims teaching the next generation of King Air pilots. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Ken,

And OBTW which King Air do you choose to use in the flight sim ?

:biggrin:

Regards,
Scott

The Flight 1 B200 EPIC with Blackhawk PT6A-52 engines.  All around great performing BE20 that has near B350 performance. The G1000 is nicely done, not a 100% replication, but close enough for desktop simulation. Systems are complex enough considering what can really fail inside of the sim. Not a huge fan on how they implemented Beta and Reverse which means I wear out my breaks a little faster than should be normal. I really enjoy the fact you can look out the window and actually check the wing for ice. I'd like to see more of that with other developers. Of course, the F1 B200 is a little heavy on the fps.

• Upvote 2

On 5/10/2017 at 8:07 AM, KenG said:

A little civilian, a lot of military and back to civilian again. Have ratings in airplanes and helicopters but primarily work now in the back end of Level D sims teaching the next generation of King Air pilots. 

You wouldn't happen to teach King Air pilots down in Alabama would you?

I started flying helicopters for the military, and now fly airplanes, still for the military.

I flew the EMB-145 at American Eagle from 2011-2014, then got a job in my hometown in Illinois. Flew the Legacy 650 for a year and left when I got married in 2015. Worked at Horizon flying the Q400 from 2015-2016. I left Horizon for my current company in May of 2016 and just upgraded to captain on the B-757/B-767.

Mix of airlines and corporate... about 8,000 hours in aircraft including the King Air 300, Falcon 20, Dash 8, most of the Citation 550/560 family. Currently flying the Citation XLS+ Part 91. Former Check Airman and Safety Officer; currently working on my CFII.

• Like 1