Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What are your favorite UK2000 airports?

I'm thinking to do some flying across the pond and would like some nice airports.  Mainland airports welcome too.  I'll be flying the Q400 mostly.

Thanks!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have 7 UK2000 airports and they are all well done so I don't think you can go far wrong with any of them.  For Q400 operations, I like London City as it offers a bit more of a challenge with its short runway and 5.5 degree glide slope - it's frightening enough just in the simulator.  The airport also looks particularly good at night, quite atmospheric.

Edinburgh. Lovely embedded between waterways and the Scottish Highlands. Been flying into there for years. They receive some TATL service and lots of domestic FlyBe Q400 flying.

• Upvote 1

London City was my favourite ...  the only problem is the frame rates take a massive hit on approach with all the buildings around and quite often I run out of VAS there....  but love the steep approach and challenging ARR/DEP procedures...  I try and fly to the charts.  great when there's a VATSIM controller on  (THAMES RADAR). 

I have quite a few UK2000 airports and they're all pretty good...   

PS.  Have flown into EGLC a few times in real life in a BAE146 and others, it's like dive bombing..  great !

In Europe mainland I like Aerosoft Innsbruck LOWI, Samedan, Nice LFMN, Lugano, Gibraltar and a host of others ... (These aren't necessarily the best quality but their position and difficulty factor make them really good for me)

As you have the Cessna Mustang Gregg, there are real life routes for BLINK who operate them as a EURO Taxi Service and fly regularly to these destinations      http://www.flyblink.com/.  or the Virtual  http://www.blink-virtual.com/blinkvms/index.php  Their UK base is at EGLK Blackbushe and some basic scenery for there can be found in UK2000's Southern England package which includes most airports in the region albeit at a lesser quality (pretty basic) than their individual airports. 

There is a BLINK paint scheme available in the Flight1 Forums.

A nice flight to try - LFMN to LOWI and fly the  'Circle to Land'  procedure at LOWI...   descend as if landing RW 26 then skip past the airport and turn to land RW 08

http://www.737flightsimulator.co.uk/intac/LOWI.pdf

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

As you have the Cessna Mustang Gregg, there are real life routes for BLINK who operate them as a EURO Taxi Service and fly regularly to these destinations

...assuming I get the Mustang working with 3.2...*sigh*.  Yes, I'd forgotten about Blink.  LFMN to LOWI sounds like a nice flight.  London City is one of the ones I've wanted as I worked at Canary Wharf the two times I came to London fifteen or so years ago. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

...sorry to hear about your problems with the Mustang and P3Dv3.2..  I'm also running 3.2 and no real issues apart from a few small bugs with the plane that aren't really related...   wish I could help. 

EGLC works ok on mine if I reduce settings a bit and don't select the 'extras' when I install the airport.

...forgot to mention the biggest UK and maybe European operator of Q400 is FLY BE and they are based in EGHI Southampton or Exeter...  there is a good ORBX EGHI .

I have all of Gary's airports, cannot find fault with any of them.  Regards.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Manchester (EGCC) has always been a favorite of mine.  In fact, I think it was one of the first ones I ever bought, followed by Gatwick (EGKK).  Manchester is fun because it's a more "central" airport to fly in and out off.  Lots going on if you have AI add-on traffic running.  The surrounding scenery is makes for nice immersion.  I tend to fly in to Manchester from EGAA and EGPF alot, with occassional flights to EGKK as well.  I'm a short-haul flyer right now, getting my feet further wet with Airbus ops so I lean towards EasyJet short hauls.

I live in the US, but favor flights throughout GB.  As Paladin stated above, there's no fault found, unless you want to get nitpicky about airport surface elevations being slightly off, but don't impact the experience.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I picked up London City airport today and my jaw dropped.  His screenshots of his airports do not do them justice at all.  That's a wonderful airport.  Now I'm eying the others.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

^^^^^^^ and I don't think you will be disappointed :)    Regards.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Post #3 rightly suggested Edinburgh for its great location. Of course, just to the west is Glasgow too. Both UK2000 versions are just magnificent. If you want to do a bit of short haul or even GA flying then either Edinburgh or Glasgow will do just fine. Both take scheduled Q400 flights so you can be simming realistically.

Whatever you buy - you won't be disappointed. UK2000 airports are superb and the customer service is top class.

I also like Playsims Ultimate Alicante - nice part of Spain's Costa Blanca and you can fly almost anywhere from there,

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert

Post #3 rightly suggested Edinburgh for its great location. Of course, just to the west is Glasgow too. Both UK2000 versions are just magnificent. If you want to do a bit of short haul or even GA flying then either Edinburgh or Glasgow will do just fine. Both take scheduled Q400 flights so you can be simming realistically.

Whatever you buy - you won't be disappointed. UK2000 airports are superb and the customer service is top class.

I also like Playsims Ultimate Alicante - nice part of Spain's Costa Blanca and you can fly almost anywhere from there,

Rupert

I picked up Bristol as well (I'm reading a book that parts of it takes place near there so why not.)  It's equally nice and the surrounding Orbx stuff looks really nice.  Edinburgh is on my list as are Manchester, East Midlands, and Gatwick right now.  I do fly GA fairly much.  Are GA airfields worth having?

Gregg Seipp

Manchester is due for an update, you may want to hold off.

Ian R Tyldesley

Are GA airfields worth having?

I think so Gregg, only P3D v3 installers for area's 1 & 2, 3 does work by calling it up in the scenery library, ( that's if you have it installed on fsx)

they come with a gui/management tool that lets you disable or change settings for airports.

check the uk2000 site for the area coverage.

bob