Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Alabeo PA-44 Seminole released!

Just like in the real plane, you have to adjust the seating position to your liking.

Some pilots carry a pillow to sit on..  (used to be a parachute, but no longer..)

Yup..thats exactly what I used to do when I was working on my multi rating ...I had a pillow and I am kind of short. 5.5". :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hello everyone. I may have changed a value in my aircraft config that I shouldn't have.  I changed the [flaps.0] section so that I wouldn't have to engage the battery to move the flaps, as suggested early in this post.  I have now lost the sound of the flap lever and flap lever button. There is a sound file for this in the sound.cfg that worked before, but it no longer plays that file when you engage or move flaps. Is there anyone that can help or post their aircraft.cfg [flaps.0] section for comparison. Thanks. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Hello everyone. I may have changed a value in my aircraft config that I shouldn't have.  I changed the [flaps.0] section so that I wouldn't have to engage the battery to move the flaps, as suggested early in this post.  I have now lost the sound of the flap lever and flap lever button. There is a sound file for this in the sound.cfg that worked before, but it no longer plays that file when you engage or move flaps. Is there anyone that can help or post their aircraft.cfg [flaps.0] section for comparison. Thanks. 

[flaps.0]

type             = 1

system_type      = 3

span-outboard    = 0.4

extending-time   = 1.5

flaps-position.0 = 0

flaps-position.1 = 10

flaps-position.2 = 25

flaps-position.3 = 40

damaging-speed   = 121

blowout-speed    = 131

Bert

[flaps.0]

type             = 1

system_type      = 3

span-outboard    = 0.4

extending-time   = 1.5

flaps-position.0 = 0

flaps-position.1 = 10

flaps-position.2 = 25

flaps-position.3 = 40

damaging-speed   = 121

blowout-speed    = 131

Thank you very much sir. The only difference was the "extending-time   = 1.5" in my config that was set to =0. This not only affected the sound, but the visual flap animation. Everything is working great now thanks to your help. 

Jose

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Let me just add again, that this is one of my all-time favorite airplanes in FSX!

:smile:

Second this. Identical frame rates as the Saratoga. I have not noticed a difference in fps with the G600 on. (I just re-discovered the G600 feature after remembering that I had read about it! This hot swap panel alone makes it better than the 'toga.) Of course they still use the Carenado TAWS, which is FPS killing, but the radar is a nice addition without FPS hit---however I haven't gotten the radar to work yet. Has anyone?

Also, coming from Bert, I know beyond a doubt this is a great plane.

I get pretty much identical frame rates using the steam gauges in the Seminole. With the G600 enabled it knocks around 5-10 FPS off.

I'm totally with you on this! At first glance it doesn't seem like there is anything special about it, but they put some kind of magic into it that makes it more enjoyable than a lot of other more "sophisticated" models. Thankfully there are no major issues running it in P3D 3.2.

After doing some investigation, agree that the G600 loses 2-5 fps. But, if you have other CArenado releases that have a G500, this one has no effect on frame rate. It is a quick and easy swap in to the Seminole. Now I get no or better frame rates with the G500 in the Seminole.

After doing some investigation, agree that the G600 loses 2-5 fps. But, if you have other CArenado releases that have a G500, this one has no effect on frame rate. It is a quick and easy swap in to the Seminole. Now I get no or better frame rates with the G500 in the Seminole.

For me it helped to increase the range on the map. I only had bad fps when the map was zoomed in too much.

Zooming out to like 10NM or more worked.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Let me just add again, that this is one of my all-time favorite airplanes in FSX!

That's a big statement Bert.  I'm going to buy it based on your feedback now that I have my P3D all set up again.

That's a big statement Bert.  I'm going to buy it based on your feedback now that I have my P3D all set up again.

Make sure you get my autopilot mods  :smile:

And, personally, I like this airplane best, configured with steam gauges and a GTN 750.

Bert

Make sure you get my autopilot mods  :smile:

And, personally, I like this airplane best, configured with steam gauges and a GTN 750.

Hi Bert

I looked all through this post. Where can I get your autopilot mods?

Many thanks

John

Hi Bert

I looked all through this post. Where can I get your autopilot mods?

Many thanks

John

Send me a PM with your email address

Bert

Hi folks.

Does anyone know if this aircraft would work in P3Dv3.4?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers