Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

ORBX OpenLC NA (Part 2) release imminent

I thought they moved to Amazon Cloud distribution servers?

They will, sometime laters this year.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Looks like openLC North America broke the FlightSimStore.  I understand why ORBX is moving their sales/distribution platform now.  Pretty sad when a distributor can't handle the sales load, especially during the first 24 hrs.     

Matt King

Orbx and FSS is down - going to be a long time before we get this - got it paid for but thats it - might take longer to download it than it took to make it  :mad:

Rich Sennett

Yearh, me too... paid for it - but can't connect to the site now (FSS seems down).

Got part 1 and 2 - but missing part 3 and 4... oh, well - guess we'll have to wait 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Gave up as well, it was showing 3 days to download part 1.....will wait until later in the week...... :sad:

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Well, I got through... Set Internet Download Manager to just keep trying to download the missing parts - and suddenly it began... i'm getting around 1MB/s for each ... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Some files still creeping thru, don't give up! I'm up to part three and maintaining a scorching 210kb/S!

I got it installed "successfully" but there seems to have been an error with the installer not actually adding the scenery to the scenery library. It shows up in FTX Central but no where else.

LOL! This should not come as a surprise to anyone!! The next time one of these Brain Surgeons trys to tell you that there is just no market for Flight Sim products then remember this day. Oh they will cry and scream about how few of us there are and how hard it is to make a living Ad Nauseam. How about this one, you are just a customer. You don't need that (fill in the blank). Well ORBX found enough customers to blow up several websites this morning. =@ 

• Upvote 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I think we all expected download speeds to be slower than usual, but the reality is much worse.

Not only are all 6 of the servers either inaccessible or at best extremely slow, but now the Flightsimstore website is almost inaccessible.

I was able to access the Flightsimstore website once in the past couple hours, but then I can't even log in to my account let alone download anything that I already paid for.

This is really pathetic.

ORBX needs to get their act together and find another vendor.

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Anyone else havng problems downloading this? I cannot seem to be able to connect to any of the FSS servers, although a test download just now of some Avsim freeware worked without any problem. I wonder if the servers are overloaded?

Bill

OK LOL clearly I am not alone! Not too surprising really! I guess it is just massive demand for huge downloads - might just leave it a couple of days and try again then.

theyre just being swamped.  not sure if any of the vendors in our little world would be able to handle 75% of the active flightsimmers of the world breaking down the door all at once.  ORBX is going to their own distro platform, (already announced) but I'll be shocked if it's any better on big release days.

Looking forward to screenshots in SW USA and other locations. Been kinda waiting for feedback and I only have global at the moment. Thx :-)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Orbx have tens of thousands of users. And every single one of us is trying to download that 10 Gb file at the same time. There isn't a server in the universe that can handle that much bandwidth. I think we can all afford to give the FSS and Orbx a little bit of leeway here.

Jazz

No, I am not an Orbx automaton.

Orbx have tens of thousands of users. And every single one of us is trying to download that 10 Gb file at the same time. There isn't a server in the universe that can handle that much bandwidth. I think we can all afford to give the FSS and Orbx a little bit of leeway here.

Jazz

No, I am not an Orbx automaton.

That is simply not true; in fact, thousands of servers all over the world handle far more data, from a much  larger customer base than you described.  It's painfully obvious that FSS is willfully unprepared to handle a customer base as large as Orbx, which explains why they're migrating from their sales platform....  

• Upvote 1

Matt King