Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

ORBX OpenLC NA (Part 2) release imminent

On another note, has anyone checked out the new night lighting. In a word, Awesome!

Jazz

I watched a little of the AirDailyX livestream a little while ago where he was covering some different areas and I was blown away seeing Washington DC at night......come on downloads...hurry it up already!! Only on Part 2!!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

ORBX needs to get their act together and find another vendor.

In all fairness to the ORBX team, we have no idea what type of contract they have in place with FSS.

So with these server issues, the good news is that I'm on the road and can't download this to my sim until I'm back. The bad news is that I'm on the road and can't download this to my sim until I'm back.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

I watched a little of the AirDailyX livestream a little while ago where he was covering some different areas and I was blown away seeing Washington DC at night......come on downloads...hurry it up already!! Only on Part 2!!

Are you not using a download manager? You would be able to download all 4 parts simultaneously, and use 4 different servers to do it.

Jazz

Are you not using a download manager? You would be able to download all 4 parts simultaneously, and use 4 different servers to do it.

Jazz

I am now....final 2 parts almost done.  Was trying to do it the hard way earlier!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I'm using a download manager. It's downloading, but incredibly slowly still. Been downloading Part 1 for the last four hours or so.

Managed to finally get everything. In the middle of installation.

Looking forward to some Florida flights.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Could someone please post some shots of Las Vegas and Phoenix in the screenshots forum if they get time? 

Am curious to see if the cities finally look correct.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Not at home but took a first flight out of KLAS and its way better you will like it a lot 

Rich Sennett

BTW for anyone who is expecting the exe file to be in part 1, it actually is in part 4!

And all files must be in one folder to install it fyi

Rich Sennett

Could someone please post some shots of Las Vegas and Phoenix in the screenshots forum if they get time? 

Am curious to see if the cities finally look correct.

Don`t have a screenshot, but Phoenix does look much improved with a greater variety of buildings, and all those fake looking small hi rise blds in Scottsdale are gone. It truly looks like a city in the middle of a desert now...desert textures are nice and they got rid of the flat green dots that were supposed to represent cactus.

Hi all, anyone to comment about any impact on performance parameters, like FPS, VAS, related to the new installation of openLC NA?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi all, anyone to comment about any impact on performance parameters, like FPS, VAS, related to the new installation of openLC NA?.

Cheers, Ed

No FPS performance impact.

VAS not a problem for my G.A. flying. No CTD's...

Also, the amount of files injected into P3D 3.2.3 was 15,173 individual files.   Massive project....

Cheers, Ed

In my case VAS was increased by the migration (around 300 mb with my test flights CYBL-CYXX)

OpenLC NA did not increase my VAS and FPS are stable.