Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

ORBX OpenLC NA (Part 2) release imminent

Question, as I have UTX and plan on getting OpenLC NA to go with FTXG.  I understand you would uncheck most of the landlcass options in UTX, but what about all of the 'Other Terrain Features' such as golf courses, parks, etc.  Would these things be included with the new ORBX LC or do you still have these enabled??

Thanks!

Some people drive Lincolns and others drive Cadillacs.  It's your choice.   

Do not confuse Landclass files with Vector Files.  They serve two different purposes and that's why Orbx has two different programs.

My experience is that the Orbx team has gone to great lengths to match what is on the ground and if you use both LC and Vector and check them against Google Earth you will find very little difference.  This is especially true in their Region and Airport Packages where they spend even more time and money on development.

I fly P3Dv3.3 and have found sticking to Orbx solves a lot of problems.  Orbx developers use the same set of standards in their work so, as a rule, everything works as it should.  That is not saying that it is problem free, it's not, but the FTX Community Forum group provides great support.

You will find that a growing number of other than Orbx developers are now testing their products on Orbx systems to ensure compatibility in both operation and color blending.

If we all used exactly the same computer none of these problems would exist, but alas, we don't so it is up to each of us to iron out the problems that pop up on our systems.

Dale

its here !

just buyed an downloading NOW!

Hi Alti,

I cannot see it listed in FSS. Where is it?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Great! Many thanks.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Anyone else havng problems downloading this? I cannot seem to be able to connect to any of the FSS servers, although a test download just now of some Avsim freeware worked without any problem. I wonder if the servers are overloaded?

Bill

Anyone else havng problems downloading this? I cannot seem to be able to connect to any of the FSS servers, although a test download just now of some Avsim freeware worked without any problem. I wonder if the servers are overloaded?

Bill

hundred (maybe thousand) of pilots want to buy an donwnload this now. maybe the servers are busy.

i have installed it, done a short trip from Miami to Tampa. looks good. the fastest server for me was the ftx-cdn.com  server.

have downloaded up to 2 MB/sek.  

Links not working :( getting hammered - huge download and links dont work - going to take weeks to get this downloaded  :mad:

Rich Sennett

Cant even sign in never mind get the files and I have a very fast cable provider

Rich Sennett

I thought they moved to Amazon Cloud distribution servers?

Took me four hours to download part 1. Once completed, windows was not able to read the zip file.

*SIGH*

Mario Di Lauro

Once someone manages to get it I'd appreciate some screenshots from the Florida keys. Thanks in advance.

Hans