Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

Help us squash FSX bugs once and for all (Official)

Hi Geoffrey,

Yes agree entirely with you...no doubt they want this working to the best of its ability before moving on with the new sim....shame they could not ask the question a year ago through....

Anyway let's hope the new sim surprises us all with all the above mentioned bugs ironed out.... Still be nice to have a few of the nagging issues sorted out while we wait though!

All the best

Mark

>>Can I kindly ask why this topic? My understanding is DTG are developing a new sim?<<

Read the first post.  DTG are basing their new sim on FSX so it makes sense to establish what bugs exist in it to try to avoid porting them over to the new product.

I agree with Andy, DTG is taking an evolutionary approach with FSX as a starting point. This is not a new sim written from scratch and what to expect is that the first version of DTG sim will be a lot like FSX but with some incremental improvements. Hopefully over time large amounts of the code will be rewritten and big improvements will happen for graphics, ATC, weather, flight dynamics, sound etc.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

>>Can I kindly ask why this topic? My understanding is DTG are developing a new sim?<<

Read the first post.  DTG are basing their new sim on FSX so it makes sense to establish what bugs exist in it to try to avoid porting them over to the new product.

If that was the case it makes you wonder why they didn't ask this question of the community six months ago or even longer. 

Personally, I take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

If that was the case it makes you wonder why they didn't ask this question of the community six months ago or even longer. 

Probably because they are now refining what the nuances of the existing sim that user would like to see fixed, remain, and are looking to code those out. They likely have the core of the sim completed now and are in the bug squashing phase that they would include community identified bugs in. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Probably because they are now refining what the nuances of the existing sim that user would like to see fixed, remain and are looking to code those out. They likely have the core of the sim completed now and are in the bug squashing phase that they would include community identified bugs in. 

Wow, you are a true Optimist, Sir  :smile:

• Upvote 3

Bert

Personally, I take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

They don't start testing everything until the last third of the project.

See here

Here's to a bug free hug surprise when DTG will release their flight simulator surprise on all of we waiting FSX pilots.

How can a blind person fly?

This is a valid question to ask and a easier question to answer.

We use the following three programs that work hand in hand together.

1. FSX.

2. FSUIPC which bridges everything together.

3. Most importantly for blind pilots everywhere the program Its Your Plane or IYP for short.

Check out their you tube videos of blind pilots flying both private GA flights and career flights thanks to the IYPVA mode for our virtual career.

Now I have a huge favoe of my fellow pilots.

We the blind would like STEAM to be more accessible to we the blind who have to use a screen reader to acess our pc's and have to see through our ears.

But the owners and designers of the new STEAM world Valve Corporation will not return our phone calls nor our e-mail letters.

We've even written our messages out on STEAM's face book page with no luck as well.

So please write messages on our behalf that we would like STEAM to be accessible to all who are a gamer or simmer.

Valve's phone number for here in the United States is as follows:

425-889-9642

And the CEO Mr. Gabe Newell's e-mail address is at

gaben@valvesoftware.com

On behalf of Blind and or Visually Impair Pilots or for short BVI Pilots everywhere, we deeply appreciate the support.

Now here's equal access to steam and the games and simulators out on steam for all gamers and simmers.

Ron kolesar