Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

Help us squash FSX bugs once and for all (Official)

1) Autogen popping

2) Instant replay, is not smooth, but every time it stutter. This doesn't happen with FSRecorder.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Wish List:

Revamp or full overhaul of:

1. ATC (Transition between VFR <-> IFR, vectoring, SID, STAR, land on alternate, declare emergency,  spatial separation etc)

2. Flight Planning and Map mode

3. Updated SDK

Mag Deviation, Runway Numbers, navpoints, radio frequencies, etc.

As stated before engine physics and most other already listed.

The fog visibility bug where when you pop out of the top layer of fog it suddenly disappears altogether and you can see the ground clearly. When you descend again the fog appears from nowhere and envelopes you.

The fog visibility bug where when you pop out of the top layer of fog it suddenly disappears altogether and you can see the ground clearly. When you descend again the fog appears from nowhere and envelopes you.

This problem is "solved" in FSX if you have the haze layer enabled properly. ASN and AS16 cleverly adds the haze layer (if it's enabled) only when you rise out of the fog layer, without ASN/AS16 it is there when you are below it which is rather unrealistic.

Which brings up my fsx bug:

The edge of the haze layer that intersects terrain features dances around continuously (it should be completely stable), even it the sim is paused; also that it's visible when below it (stock weather).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Not sure if it's a bug or by design but the ATC transmissions window in FSX doesn't close automatically after you reply like it did in FS9 and has to be closed manually.  I preferred the way FS9 handled it.

Andy L 

• Upvote 1

(...) I preferred the way FS9 handled it.

I preferred != bug.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Now that it is mentioned this is mainly going to be another modified fsx:

Lots of bugs and possible improvements in AI traffic behavior as - slow crawl before takeoff, slow exit after landing, AI logic on crossing runways and taxiways, parking logic eg cargo aircraft parking on gate if at has same parking code as of its passenger airline, prioritizing runways for landing/takeoff based on aircraft type, parking type/codes, the list is endless only how deep you want to go.

AI engine sound needs correction aswell, it has bug where sound logic malfunctions when many AI active at the airport.

Many AI related customization options possible as - adjustable timeout period, taxi speed ranges, limiting AI by number or fps.

LM don't seem much interested in this portion of the sim as they probably don't see it much useful in their purpose, but lets see what changes this sim brings.

Also how about improving turbulence, it is so basic that for some detailed aircraft addons it becomes a bug.

Phil Taylor mentioned something about a W key bug (scroll down the page above the FSX-DX10 SP2 notes) they didn't get around to fixing. I think it has something to do with the views of the aircraft. 

Found a description of it here:

He points out that the “w” key bug (which restricts side views in cockpit mode to showing the interior of the aircraft with limited visibility out the window, bug introduced in SP1)

Other issues I've noticed include Z-Fighting (texture flickering) on some buildings. I think NickN said this has something to do with FSX loading autogen 1 and 2 objects into the same space. So they are competing with each other (fighting).

However, with modern hardware, there's really no need to load autogen type 1 and 2 objects since ACES said autogen 2 performs better than type 1 objects back in 2007. If you load up at KSEA on runway 34L and look towards the main terminal building you'll see what I mean. There's a type 2 object on top of a type 1 object and the two of them are trying to fight for the same geometric space. That's one example, but there's hundreds or thousands of these objects in the world. 

There's also some Z-Fighting on clouds that intersect with mountains. Happens in DX9 and DX10.

Not really a bug, but an imperfection when it comes to AI aircraft is the inability of FSX to handle crossing runways - FSX will allow simultaneous departures and arrivals on intersecting runways.

I forgot to mention another fault with the Jetway system. They disappear at certain angles. Any aircraft and any time of day at any airport (with a jetway of course) would do.

Júnior Silva

Simconnect is very hit and miss, most times will not work..

• Upvote 1

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

The weird "ground effect" when you're just about to touch down. Everything gets all jumpy and the controls become way too sensitive.

Hi Martin,

Can I kindly ask why this topic? My understanding is DTG are developing a new sim?

So is this topic because you will be retaining FSX SE in its current form? I am not complaining but just trying to understand if the feedback here is to use in the new sim eg improve it.

However f you are retaining the FSX all the above posts need addressing..but please is there any way you team can put a quick fx in for the dreaded GPs drop when the mouse is used with anything but default aircraft. You main rival seem to have achieved this..

With thanks. Mark

Hi Martin,

Can I kindly ask why this topic? My understanding is DTG are developing a new sim?

So is this topic because you will be retaining FSX SE in its current form? I am not complaining but just trying to understand if the feedback here is to use in the new sim eg improve it.

However f you are retaining the FSX all the above posts need addressing..but please is there any way you team can put a quick fx in for the dreaded GPs drop when the mouse is used with anything but default aircraft. You main rival seem to have achieved this..

With thanks. Mark

I think, with the new sim clearly getting a little closer, the intention of the question is clear. Dovetail would like to leave FSX:SE in an essentially "finished" state so that no further direct support is required leaving them to focus on the new sim.

It makes sense as anyone new coming to simming from that point on is unlikely to be buying FSX.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton