Sign in to follow this  
Flugsimulatorpilot

Best ATC to use with Prepar3d v3.3/v3.4

What ATC Addon do you use in P3D? I already tried the trial version of VoxATC, but it didn't work. I got error messages like "FATAL ERROR. Please restart", etc.

Does anyone know how to fix these errors or do you have any recommendations for other products?

Thanks in advance

Flugsimulatorpilot

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does anyone know how to fix these errors or do you have any recommendations for other products?

Vox ATC is not compatible with P3D v3. Some folks have been able to get it to work with the migrator tool. I'm currently using Pilot2ATC which is a voice control program like VOX. It has a trial period.

I used Pro ATC X, and was even a beta tester for awhile, but flying almost all the time in GA aircraft, now, I find PF3 is really good, add's variety to the ATC, and works very well for both IFR and VFR flying. They have a free demo, which is what made me try it. The downside to the demo is that there are only a few voices with the demo, versus 140 voices when you purchase the program, and the demo voices aren't nearly as good as the voices you get when you purchase the program. http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pf3_details.htm

Pro-ATC will soon have a new release. Also, you may consider Vatsim

Peter

+1 Radar Contact v4.3.  Oldie but goodie!

I also use PF3.  It has more options regarding setting up SIDs and STARs with altitude restrictions you can specify to match the charts.

I like them both.  Although, I have been using RC4 a bit more often as of late.

Anyway, you have several great options. 

Best wishes on your decision(s).

Have all the ATC addons mentioned. The development of VOX has stopped at the present time, so would avoid that. PF3 is the most immersive, and developer offers great support, and updated in a timely manner.

Have all the ATC addons mentioned. The development of VOX has stopped at the present time, so would avoid that. PF3 is the most immersive, and developer offers great support, and updated in a timely manner.

That is my impression of PF3 also, I had a couple of issues in the very beginning, mostly due to pilot error, and posting on their forum, I would get a reply the next morning. Great support, and I believe it is due for an update before the end of the month. The immersion is what I like about it the most, feels like flying in the real world. 

• Upvote 1

That is my impression of PF3 also, I had a couple of issues in the very beginning, mostly due to pilot error, and posting on their forum, I would get a reply the next morning. Great support, and I believe it is due for an update before the end of the month. The immersion is what I like about it the most, feels like flying in the real world. 

Spot on Bob. It is the immersion that we strive for, and PF3 does that.

• Upvote 1

Having trouble getting my RC4 working with P3D. Are there instructions for such please?

If you want real-world procedures and interaction, espeically if you are a student or RW pilot, I cannot reccommend Pilot Edge more highly. www.pilotedge.net 

There's a free two week trial as well.

.pilotedge.net ...similar to VATSIM?

I tried Pilot edge for a month, and the controllers are good, but you are talking to one controller all the time, which for  me, kind of broke the immersion . You are also confined to a small area of the US on the west coast, and it is about $20 a month. You better have charts at the ready and know your procedures and airspace restrictions. I think it is more aimed at the active student pilot, and I am kind of past that stage by many decades. :wink:  

• Upvote 1

Contrary to the what others have said about VoxATC, it does work well and reliably with P3D v3.3. You don't need to use the migration tool or do anything too hard. I used the very last version of VoxATC. The method below overcomes the problems others have had with the indexer not working. I use VoxATC with the GTN750 and the HTC Vive. There is nothing like talking to ATC and be guided by what to say and what to tune the radio to. I get excellent recognition with the USB HyperX headset and very rarely have to repeat.

Here goes:

I installed P3D into C:\Prepar3D v3

You don't need to create the v2 folders before executing the following commands, mklink will do it. Make sure you include the quotes - it won't work if you leave them out. Run the following commands one by one in an admin command prompt - you will need to change 'username' in the strings below to your own installed name.

mklink /d "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

mklink /d "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

mklink /d "C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files" "C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files"

mklink /d "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

mklink /d "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

mklink /d "C:\Prepar3D v2" "C:\Prepar3D v3"

After running the commands you can check that the folders were created. If you explore inside the new folders it will be a mirror image of the folder it is linked to. I used this method and it works fine.

Now install VoxATC as per normal.

I am not into online flying with VATSIM yet and love VoxATC. I came back from XPlane because of VoxATC, AS16 and FlyInside.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Having trouble getting my RC4 working with P3D. Are there instructions for such please?

Worked straight away for me, not sure if it had anything to do with the fact it was up and running with FSX first. What trouble are you having with it?

G

+ ProATCX, with the new update now in beta testing it will continue to add realism to P3D and FSX

+ ProATCX, with the new update now in beta testing it will continue to add realism to P3D and FSX

Always a long time between drinks for Proatc. One update per year.

Always a long time between drinks for Proatc. One update per year.

Yeah, agree - but worth the wait

Contrary to the what others have said about VoxATC, it does work well and reliably with P3D v3.3. You don't need to use the migration tool or do anything too hard. I used the very last version of VoxATC. The method below overcomes the problems others have had with the indexer not working. I use VoxATC with the GTN750 and the HTC Vive. There is nothing like talking to ATC and be guided by what to say and what to tune the radio to. I get excellent recognition with the USB HyperX headset and very rarely have to repeat.

Here goes:

I installed P3D into C:\Prepar3D v3

You don't need to create the v2 folders before executing the following commands, mklink will do it. Make sure you include the quotes - it won't work if you leave them out. Run the following commands one by one in an admin command prompt - you will need to change 'username' in the strings below to your own installed name.

mklink /d "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

mklink /d "C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files" "C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files"

mklink /d "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

mklink /d "C:\Prepar3D v2" "C:\Prepar3D v3"

After running the commands you can check that the folders were created. If you explore inside the new folders it will be a mirror image of the folder it is linked to. I used this method and it works fine.

Now install VoxATC as per normal.

I am not into online flying with VATSIM yet and love VoxATC. I came back from XPlane because of VoxATC, AS16 and FlyInside.

Good luck!

Thanks for that, but I tried it but my Vox installer hangs at weather themes. Anyone got a solution? Thanks.

Though all good software solutions for offline flying have been mentioned, nothing can beat a real person at the other end of your radio. If possible I would try to fly online as often as there is ATC. Vote for IVAO, VATSIM (both for free) or Pilotsedge ($ 20 but only restricted area).

nothing can beat a real person at the other end of your radio

Agree !

I fly IVAO all the time. It is absolutely free and as a bonus you get real local weather.

On a buzy airport you can see and hear the other pilots which creates a  realistic environment.