Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Not Happy With Jetline Systems Right Now

Precisely why I always build myself.

Same.  My own hands will build a better simming pc than ANY company.

And Jetline is confused about what a simming pc needs.  An i7 over an i5, really?  What part of FSX or P3D uses hyperthreading?  And 32 GB of RAM?  Way overkill.

spacer.png

Well said, great post. Succinct, I like that... rather than the long rambling posts I'm notorious for.  :smile:

Some do like to try and censor others unfortunately.

Well said Martin and Ckyliu , agree

I'm a afraid you and your friends are a VERY small sample. It means nothing. Precisely why Mike and anyone else who has had issues SHOULD post about it in forums. How else do you expect enthusiasts to get a true picture of the companies worth?

I also don't see the fact that D'Andre/newmanix, operator of AirDailyX, has disclosed the fact that Jetline is an advertiser on his site.

• Upvote 2

What part of FSX or P3D uses hyperthreading? 

P3D uses HT quite well.. for texture loading in particular.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Same.  My own hands will build a better simming pc than ANY company.

And Jetline is confused about what a simming pc needs.  An i7 over an i5, really?  What part of FSX or P3D uses hyperthreading?  And 32 GB of RAM?  Way overkill.

P3D uses HT ;-)

@Mike hope you get all sorted out.

Well I build my own stuff and for 60 % less of those prices and do it better to ;-)

André

I would take that trade all day. An i7 will blow an i5 out of the water in P3D. And considering he is running what seems to be a very complex networked sim, 32gb of RAM could be the correct amount. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

An i7 will blow an i5 out of the water in P3D.

Obviously this is highly subjective, but I haven't seen metrics which show an i7 to be vastly superior to an i5 in P3D.

All this over some USB drivers? or did i miss something.

ZORAN

Hi,

As I said, I'm sure this will get worked out between myself and Jetline, to be called a troll by Jim (representing AVSIM as a moderator) IS INSULTING! Since when did STATING FACTS BECOME TROLLING JIM, did you actually READ MY FIRST POST?. From now on, this toll will post no more, good or bad.

Bye.

Mike, please don't keep us in the dark about the outcome good or bad... Sure if you don't feel like posting here after Jim's accusation I certainly won't fault you for it. I do think Jim is misspoken, but please let us know where if not here, where we can continue to follow your progress. 

Cheers, and hang in there buddy from one fellow simmer to another. 

Mike,

I provided the proof you were trolling.  I mean why bring your problems to AVSIM and the issue has not been resolved?  If you are a troll you are a troll.  Please read the links I provided as to the definition of a troll.  AVSIM is not the only website that has to fight this issue. 

It now looks like I will have to close and lock this topic as more trolling is happening and the topic is going South.

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have reopened this topic as my comments were considered objectionable to some.  I have removed them.  My apologies if I offended anyone.

• Upvote 4

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have reopened this topic as my comments were considered objectionable to some.  I have removed them.  My apologies if I offended anyone.

Well done, Jim.

spacer.png

I was wondering where that was coming from Jim.

You're always a pretty level guy.

Anyway, cheers and onward  :smile:

Mark

I would like to add that as Manny and awf point out, P3D does utilise Hyperthreading. Actually to be pedantic but proper, it is Windows that uses HT, apps like P3D merely work as if on a CPU with double the core count. It is our responsibility to assign core affinity to P3D and other apps like it when using HT, since these types of app treat each logical processor as a single core and have no idea about sharing core bandwidth between pairs of LPs.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Why was my comment deleted?

Back.  Sorry!

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM