Sign in to follow this  
Djembe

VoxATC 7 Beta bugs

I tested P2ATC.  I will stick with ProATC/X.   Love it.   Perfect for Heavy Iron flying.   Vox control is not necessary as you are the Pilot Flying and the PF/PIC rarely handles the radios.  That is the PM's job.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hi, Dave. I tried the Pilot2ATC demo and liked it. All official demo videos have that clunky UI visible for some reason all the time but you can actually hide it whenever during flight. The only advantage with Vox that I can see is that it controls AI unlike Pilot2ATC but I hear the developer is working on it (...yes this dev actually communicates) :) 

Mike

I am in contact with P2A developer by email. He solve 100% of all bugs i report from the beta, and he did it in less than 24 hours.

There is a 10 days trial for P2A beta. If you do not like something from P2A v2 beta contact with the developer. He lisen.

I have given up on Vox after many years of using it. There are way better alternatives out there now and in my opinion version 7 did not bring anything new worthy of purchase again. Lack of communication from the developer hardly speak to its advantage either. What a strange beta run this have been!

If I understand correctly; those who downloaded beta 7 the day of release Sept 27 (and I bet many did) and given it should run for 60 days, the beta is over for most people in two days? and no news or feedback from dev at all? so if I understand very soon he is without public beta testers

I can confirm the status is that VoxATC version 7.2 is probably the last beta version until final. All of the items that were flagged are being/have been addressed I'm told. It still remains to integrate the UK expansion but this should take very little time so I'm told. All open beta testers will get another 60 days. After that I assume that it will be considered releasable. :) So if you are experiencing any issues or problems, please make sure you're using beta 7.2, and make sure any problems get communicated back. If people post any further bugs they think they've found here, as well as through the RCSimulations feedback page, I will try to pick up some feedback on them for us :)

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I can confirm the status is that VoxATC version 7.2 is probably the last beta version until final. All of the items that were flagged are being/have been addressed I'm told. It still remains to integrate the UK expansion but this should take very little time so I'm told. All open beta testers will get another 60 days. After that I assume that it will be considered releasable. :) So if you are experiencing any issues or problems, please make sure you're using beta 7.2, and make sure any problems get communicated back. If people post any further bugs they think they've found here, as well as through the RCSimulations feedback page, I will try to pick up some feedback on them for us :)

Cheers K

Thanks for that info.

What is the source of your information?

Jay

Thanks for that info.

What is the source of your information?

Jay

The publisher...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

The publisher...

The publisher...

Hi

Are you able to obtain a list of the corrected bugs from the developer so that we can avoid reporting them again?

Jay

Hi

Are you able to obtain a list of the corrected bugs from the developer so that we can avoid reporting them again?

Jay

I believe thats already been posted in one if the beta 7.2 threads here...

xaP1VAU.png

I have had only minor issues. Wrong FSS or Approach frequencies, more than one FSS responding, having to repeat myself every now and then. Some taxiing issues on 3rd party Airports. Overall, the prompts are working well, and most of the frequencies are correct. Improvements I have noticed so far include: No more hearing the conversation continue after you switch frequencies; parallel runway use is in effect; I've had no fatal error messages; handoffs have generally been quite good. I haven't been rammed by (or even had to take evasive action from) AI aircraft. I did have to go around once because a very slow moving Cherokee was landing in front of my Comanche at an uncontrolled airport. VFR vectoring seems better. I was coming into an airport perpendicular to the active runway and was cleared to enter right base for that runway. I'm having a lot more fun with this beta than I did with the previous one. I'm not planning to go back to 6.52 at this point.

See this short video of a flight last night with some issues...

1. 2x AI a/c initialising on same stand at the same time [00:49]

2. Strange taxi instructions crossing rw36? [06:49]

3. AI Cherokee departs from taxiway crossing grass to line up with rw [09:39]

4. AI Cherokee apparently sat on the ground away from the airfield? [10:26]

5. Inconsistent freq instructions - AI ahead of us taking off instructed to change to Gloucester app, we weren't... [12:18] & [12:45]

xaP1VAU.png

See this short video of a flight this morning with some issues...

1. AI a/c not using add-on AFCAD and landing off runway [07:57]
2. AI a/c taxiing off AFCAD [09:31]
3. Take-off clearance not given until taxied off scenery runway towards the AFCAD being used by Vox [11:10]
4. Not directed to change freq to Liverpool Tower from Liverpool Ground prior to being given takeoff clearance! [11:25] (Should actually change freq before clearance given to enter runway...!)

xaP1VAU.png

Cheers K

The beta 7.2 is out on the page and I can confirm that the voxpop and voice downloads are now working again.

All of the items that were flagged are being/have been addressed I'm told

...but not the 'Oceanic Center' item that I flagged up.

Petraeus

the voxpop and voice are they another version than before (When it was béta 7.1 ) 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

the voxpop and voice are they another version than before (When it was béta 7.1 )

Don't think so. The page says you can keep them installed.