Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Water looks just like P3D wave action - actually the entire water environment looks like P3D hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It look more like waveworks:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Was this ever implemented?

Yes in the Unreal Engine. I am not sure what games are using it.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Ben obviously works on the water in XP 11:

http://developer.x-plane.com/

So let's see what (and when) it will come.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Was this ever implemented?

Yes, in War Thunder I think.

The one in War Thunder is not even comparable to that tech demo. It might share some things but it's not such a detailed simulation

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

That new X-Plane 11 water is looking great.  Hope it makes the initial release.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

That new X-Plane 11 water is looking great.  Hope it makes the initial release.

I think so too! The water looks indeed quite good. It certainly still needs some tweaking, but i am confident that in the end it will be looking very convincing! Not sure though that it will make it into 11.0. Try to see that positively though: Better release it a little later and make it good, than releasing it to early and make it bad.

:wink:

I still want to know how that water will work with boat models. The place I live and mostly fly around with sims is the Pacific Northwest, which has some available scenery with cruise ships, ferries, sailboats, and big container ships that make the environment seem alive and lived-in. It's the water equivalent of moving cars on the highways.

Unless this new water model automatically floats those models vertically along with the wave action, I wouldn't use it in preference to flat water that could still use those ship models. Maybe there will be a check box to enable or disable the new wave action, until interaction with boat models is worked out.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Water looks just like P3D wave action - actually the entire water environment looks like P3D hehe

P3D uses Triton, that's why.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Oh, XP is using Triton as well?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I dunno... I don't think Triton's that great... too easy to see a repetitive pattern in the water in my opinion.

It's going to be interesting to see what XP11 offers, that's for certain. 

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69