Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Will there be a xp11 demo? Do we know ?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, they mention the demo version at the site.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Will there be a xp11 demo? Do we know ?

I believe there will be but don't quote me

Drunk and he uses the word "minutiae".

To be fair its a lot easier to spell "minutiae" than to say it when you are drunk. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

It seems to be a common theme and I could be wrong here (remember I'm quite drunk! ) but maybe we should wait until the actual release before starting to argue the minutiae

Wise words from the drunk man  :smile:  . We actually don't know yet, but it's always fun to speculate and see how wrong or right we all are when it comes out.

Wow, the detail on those aircraft is brilliant (especially the cockpit shots). They look better than some payware addons. If the demo of the new FMC holds true, then having a working 737-800 and MD80 out of the box is a huge bonus.

• Upvote 1

Nice stuff...first and third look real photo. what I really like is the amazing realism improvement given by the new fog and haze effect RTH style.

Oh ho.... a new, default Sikorsky S-76?!

That looks great. It's nice to see Laminar playing up one of their big simulation strong points with helicopters. I wonder if there are any changes/additions to the helicopter flight model, since this is getting a showcase.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

PBR looks so good on the AA MD-82!

For PBR gurus, do you think activating PBR is a matter of adding a texture mask and of course its reference in the obj model or is something that must be done in a 3D modelling program/ plane maker?

For PBR gurus, do you think activating PBR is a matter of adding a texture mask and of course its reference in the obj model or is something that must be done in a 3D modelling program/ plane maker?

Utilizing (activating) PBR in v11 is done through the Normal Map.  You will need three textures... the basic normal map, a roughness map, and a metalness map, all of which will need to be combined into one normal map.  You may need to make adjustments to the albedo texture as well.  

There will be OBJ attributes to tell the sim to use the new lighting with the new textures.  It will not be necessary to do any remodeling.  However, poor 3D modeling will likely be more visible when utilizing PBR.

Wow never seen this kinda pit in a sim . These look very very good. I hope the 172 is also good as that's what I want to fly more.

Which other sim uses this PBR thingy ? Aerofly ? DCS ?

Are they giving a better damage model without the bell ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus