Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

J van E, on 11 Oct 2016 - 6:45 PM, said:

I never (fully) believe all those I-don't-care-about-eye-candy 'die hard' simmers.

Ironically, that's what the Xplane crowd were originally all about. But finally, XPlane is moving with the times and 'the masses', and it is very likely this time around that the platform could see its greatest migration from the competition yet. Whether it lasts will be dependant on third party addon availability

• Upvote 3

:Tounge:  Didn't you use this with Google Earth at some point? 

Yep, but soon gave up - I use it standalone most of the time, or with XP10 for the out-of-windshield visuals... Let's see if the connector plugin works with XP11 because AFAIK the author is no longer supporting it...

One of the main advantages was the export of rw slopes into PSX, which has it's own mesh, but not as detailed as even default XP10...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but will X-Plane 11 break add-on compatibility for software such as IXEG 737, FF767, SkyMaxx Pro etc?

I guess we will know in a few weeks :D ... but as with new software expect there to be a lot of bugs, so these may or may not be initially compatible -- or very optimized for XPXI.

Not everyone goes to Facebook, but Laminar Posted some new pictures of the new C172 running in X-Plane 11 ... wow, just wow!

I really absolutely like the new lighting model (or whatever you call that) with all those reflections, shadows, changing of reflections on windows depending on how you look at it, etc. Really awesome. Pity the scenery isn't on the same 'next gen' level.

Not everyone goes to Facebook, but Laminar Posted some new pictures of the new C172 running in X-Plane 11 ... wow, just wow!

Have to say those look almost real.

Count me in - like some others I have just bought a download copy of v10/11 and have put the v10 DVDs on ebay lol.

I try one more time:

Does XP11 have seasons? Ignoring this is no option.

Austin's response to Q/A at the conference indicated that they're hope is to enact actual "seasons" through particle and light rendering...not through static texturing.  That will lead (eventually) to a leap-frog implementation.  They are going to let hobbyists or third party folks offer a texture-based solution.

So, no "seasons" at 11 release.

Bill

Did he say it will be in X-Plane 11 at all?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Interesting question and answer in the developers blog ! I wonder what this Enhancing Water Code is ?

William M Prescott says:

Is there any good reason to assume that “There will be enhancing water – I’m not sure what will ship when; the code is still too buggy to make a strong statement.” could also apply to cloud rendering? I do understand though that potential future cloud rendering tech is “definitely not public” and perhaps TOP SECRET need to know.

Ben Supnik says:

They aren’t in the same category. We have in-progress water code and the question is what will be done when. We don’t have a partly done cloud render re-build that might make it into 11.0 or not.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Right.

My thought was there would be more versions updates after XP10.5 before XP11

why would you update a sim that only has a 30 day shelf life ...... if you want updates you will have to update to XP11

• Upvote 1

Did he say it will be in X-Plane 11 at all?

When asked, he said, and I quote, "Not in 11.0 (11 point 0)".  So he's planning to have it in the XP11 run.

• Upvote 1

Any ideas about taildraggers  and takeoff during windy conditions ? is that going to be solved ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

There was once a long explanation by Ben about what he thought was the cause for the poor ground physics in XP10.

Only Austin can solve that, or someone he might hire for the FDM area to work with him...

It might well stay for XP12, because I guess FDM core is an area that any developer fears touching...  Artificial Stability and programming like used by Dan Klaue in his Carenados are available though.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Any ideas about taildraggers  and takeoff during windy conditions ? is that going to be solved ?

What's the issue here? (I don't fly taildraggers :-))

What's the issue here? (I don't fly taildraggers :-))

you can't takeoff in windy conditions, they will dance on the aileron like a seesaw just impossible to get that bird up.  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus