Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Yea that Citation X looks awesome. :wub:

I probably try to sell my xp10 DVDs on Ebay and get the key. It just asked either for dvd or key on my pc.

The UI looks great and is a huge step forward, as is the PBR.

I've often tried, but never bought XP in the past, but I'm warming to this iteration, despite some features I'm used to being missing (visible seasons) or not yet improved upon (weather) over the previous version.

Looking forward to November and seeing what users get out of the platform.

• Upvote 3

I really want to like X Plane. But after the demo and the announcement that there is still no major weather engine...

Nope.

The night time flying is great - you can see it in the demo. But the rest - meh.

• Upvote 4

That was reassuring to see shader-driven environment changes and dynamic weather talked about as planned for XP11 run. I'll be in like Flynn now.

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

About the 3rd screenshot : this a cockpit of what ? A 737 NG ? Doesn't look like a 777 to my opinion...

------------------

Guillaume CHARRIER

Yes a 737 NG. Any ideas on who might have created the new aircrafts?

I'd be surprised if we would not get seasons and nicer weather later within a xp11.* update.

I don't understand what you mean with that last sentence. Doesn't XP10 already tie in well with modern hardware? Shouldn't we expect the same of XP11?

Flight sims have always required something close to a state of the art computer to run at full settings, and X-Plane is no exception. Every time a major new feature was added like HDR, it has required enough power to run it. And you can always back off the settings if it's too heavy a hit on frame rate.

With the current version I can get an amazing amount of world detail and the cloud settings I want at 40+ frames per second. Sometimes as high as 80-90 fps. And with no stutters at all, very smooth. I don't know what else I could ask for, performance-wise. 

I might have to make some adjustments with XP11 depending on how heavy a load the new PBR texture and lighting feature is, but then this probably isn't the last computer or graphics card I'll ever buy either. 

That's often a good move with major version updates, but X-Plane has a pretty good history in this area. I don't recall any massive bugs with the move from v9 to v10. There were some planes that needed to be re-saved for airfoil updates, and that was it. The minor bugs are addressed within the product cycle, and they don't usually release a new version with anything major still on the plate. 

The only thing I've noticed in the v11 announcement that would delay a plane model update is if the new G1000 is integrated into the cockpit of some models, or the new FMC needs tweaking to work with existing models. That might take a while, depending on the developer. It sounds like the new PBR eye candy on the outside of the plane will work with the existing plane models.

XP10 (or XP11) does not take advantage of SLI or a well implemented multi-core setup. From what I have seen, most people who claim high FPS are limited in their settings (objects, AA etc) and cant really take advantage of all that XP10 has to offer from a visual perspective.

Also XP10 has always suffered from poor AA in HDR mode.

I like XP10 for what it is; and XP10 is currently the best sim for the type of flying (GA and Heli) that I do.

I just don't see how visual enhancements in XP11 can be seen as better when performance will hinder users from enjoying these enhancements at high settings with good AA etc.

With all of these sims (P3D, XP etc) and add-ons (aircraft, scenery, clouds etc).....the sticking point has always been performance (smoothness etc). Not one DEV (from what I have seen) has been able to get the performance side done right by fully taking advantage of what modern hardware has to offer.

All of these new updates and platform versions seem to focus on "more", but with these performance barriers, more is actually less...performance. 

I just don't see how XP11 warrants an upgrade from XP10 if it suffers from the same performance issues when maxed out.

• Upvote 3

About the 3rd screenshot : this a cockpit of what ? A 737 NG ? Doesn't look like a 777 to my opinion...

It is indeed a 737NG cockpit. It was announced as a new default aircraft during the release presentation. Looks fantastic, doesn't it! Along with the new MD-80, it's nice to have some proper default aircraft!

Besides the new light rendering and the other enhancements, the thing I'm most looking forward to that I have been waiting for for literally years, is the new sound engine! And it "sounds" like it will be incredible with a ton of further potential when the 3rd parties get at it!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I bought the XP10 download in July.  Hopefully there is some discount, if not free.  Would love to know if they improve clouds and if they add seasonal changes to terrain.  I really like this sim and I'm waiting for PMDG to convert the 737 or 777 over to XP, since those are the only planes I use on P3D.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

From the screenshots here - http://en.shop.aeros...anguage=english I was a bit disappointed to see no apparant change to the trees and water. I know they are not major points but given most of the planet is covered by both water and then trees, this would add greatly to the immersion factor (as well as of course weather improvements). I am very grateful for the other changes coming though and hopefully we will see these other things improved in future updates. I just would rather not have to pay for 3rd party add-ons for such basics in a 2016 release in order to have these 'basics'.

I know there are many who see eye candy as completely irrelevant to a flight sim but I am not one of them. I love exploring our beautiful world virtually and at the same time combing this with my love of aviation so bring on the eye candy, I say! :wink: I also think that it will sell far more copies, the more 'pretty' it becomes. And that can only mean further and faster development. Laminar Research seems to me like a company with values and I believe Austin would reinvest bigger profits in further and faster development of the sim ahead of sitting back and resting on his laurels. He just doesn't seem that kind of guy. I respect that.

• Upvote 5

It looks to me like the things they actually changed are the ones they announced and showed already. Why are some people still trying to look for other things which they never claimed to be in X-Plane 11? I don't get it.

I also bought X-Plane in spring (i think), so i am not going to pay for it at full price again yet. It does seems nice of course, but i would have spent that money only if it had some improved weather (beyond fog)

• Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

If the default planes will still have that weird fisheye effect to them in the cockpit they shouldn't even bother. Personally, I can't wait for XP11 to be released and will have no problem fully switching once FF updates it's 767 for it.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

The MD-80 with the old American livery will be great to have.

It sounds to me like they have focused on making all default aircraft equal and better and that was always one of the problems with Xplane to me so Im really looking forward to trying out a selection of planes that all seem like they belong together from a design and functionality standpoint.

and with the fog update, Id be surprised if weather wasn't an intense focus in the 11.x cycle.

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.