Sign in to follow this  
Brit

Will PMDG update the MD-11?

Probably been answered but i really miss flying the MD-11. Will we ever see PMDG update it too work in FSX:Steam?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Probably been answered but i really miss flying the MD-11. Will we ever see PMDG update it too work in FSX:Steam?

Unfortunately no, PMDG is not even selling that product anymore

Yeah that's a shame, loved flying the MD-11 as was different to flying Boeings all the time.

• Upvote 1

I just installed the PMDG MD-11 into my FSX SE   and had no problems at all. Didn't have to modify anything at all.    And it flew great!!!!  haven't flown this plane for over a year and now I see what I've been missing out on  :)

• Upvote 1

I just installed the PMDG MD-11 into my FSX SE   and had no problems at all. Didn't have to modify anything at all.    And it flew great!!!!  haven't flown this plane for over a year and now I see what I've been missing out on  :)

Yes It's the best model they ever did.

• Upvote 1

I wish there was a way to run it in P3D... even if unofficial, but tolerated one.

• Upvote 1

Confirmed works in FSX:SE. I use it, and have logged more hours in this bird than any other. Trouble-free install into FSX:SE here, although this is the only sim I run. I don't know about having it dual installed into vanilla and steam versions.

I just don't understand why It is so restricted. Surely It's good business practice to make it available for P3D? I would willingly pay for it again.

I believe the lead developer for the MD-11 was Lefteris Kalamaras who left PMDG long ago, that might be part of the reason it's not being updated. Graphically I think they'd have to start a fresh too.

• Upvote 2

I believe the lead developer for the MD-11 was Lefteris Kalamaras who left PMDG long ago, that might be part of the reason it's not being updated. Graphically I think they'd have to start a fresh too.

Ehh, I wouldn't care about the graphics too much. HD texture update and official P3D support and I am good to go. 

Until then there are other ways to fly a MD-11 in P3D...

• Upvote 1

Yeah that's a shame, loved flying the MD-11 as was different to flying Boeings all the time.

Yeah I agree.

Also it was a lost opportunity 'cause they could developed MD-11 + B717 with a good degree of synergy.

While I agree with all fans of this product, and I have a special place in my heart because it was my first beta, PMDG has officially announced long ago that it was a marketplace failure and it didn't make business sense to invest any additional resources in it.  I'm sure that if it was a commercial success, the departure of a designer would have minimal impact on the business decision.  It's a great product that didn't sell. That is all.

Sadly I think the J41 is likely to meet a similar fate for similar reasons