Sign in to follow this  
Vodcoke

FSLabs A320 FSX Update is out

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No news on the P3D release. Disappointing...

"We expect this new functionality to be delivered after we release our Prepar3D version which is currently undergoing final rounds of beta testing."

Good news!!

Oh yeah! Bring it on! I am so looking forward to using this bird in P3D!

"We expect this new functionality to be delivered after we release our Prepar3D version which is currently undergoing final rounds of beta testing."

Good news!!

Thanks! I indeed overlooked this sentence. Good news! I think, they also have to wait for the Hotfix 2 of P3D v3.4 before being able to release the A320-X for P3D.

Not to be a downer, but I guess there's no word on performance improvement/optimization? That's too bad--I'm tempted to pick this up, but not really prepared to pay so much when so many people with excellent systems report that they're struggling with performance and VAS. (Actually, wouldn't adding audio for the cabin safety talk, which did make it into this update, only worsen the VAS situation?)

James

• Upvote 2

Hi James,

We've reduced our VAS footprint - the cabin extras only added a few kb, nothing that's going to cause an issue.

We did make some improvements to performance - our beta testers noted a gain of a few FPS plus a more fluid result. So I'm interested to see what gains our customers see.

• Upvote 1

We've reduced our VAS footprint - the cabin extras only added a few kb, nothing that's going to cause an issue.

We did make some improvements to performance - our beta testers noted a gain of a few FPS plus a more fluid result. So I'm interested to see what gains our customers see.

Good news!

Mike

Hi James,

Andrew, that's great news on both counts! I'll be watching to see what customers report back.

Thanks for the heads up.

James

Being in the desktop FS world ever since it was born, I am currently willing to say this is the single best addon aircraft I have ever used (beat Majestic dash on my list).

I have made 50 flights (!) with it so far and somehow feel no need to come back to any other planes (and I do have all the other best titles resting in my hangar, damn!).

The only serious complain I have is its low performance (partially understood, taking into consideration its i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e complexity and the number of features which cannot stop surprising me every day).

But I am only now going to have the first flight with the new (today's) update and dream to see more FPS (VAS is not a problem since I went DX10).

Living (all the time) in and flying (mostly) in Europe, where most airlines use A32X series aircraft, it has always been my dream to have an add-on like this.

Many years ago I used e.g. PSS A320 package, Eric Marciano's A320 panel (even Project Airbus merged with it, lol), and now the A320 has finally come.

True, it is the top most expensive addon I have ever bought. But it has already paid back and there is absolutely no regret on my side. Pure joy.

• Upvote 3

Hi everyone, I'm very interested in this addon. How is it compare to PMDG 777 in term of complexity and performance?
Is there any noticeable bug with it that still occur after the update?

Being in the desktop FS world ever since it was born, I am currently willing to say this is the single best addon aircraft I have ever used (beat Majestic dash on my list).

I have made 50 flights (!) with it so far and somehow feel no need to come back to any other planes (and I do have all the other best titles resting in my hangar, damn!).

The only serious complain I have is its low performance (partially understood, taking into consideration its i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e complexity and the number of features which cannot stop surprising me every day).

But I am only now going to have the first flight with the new (today's) update and dream to see more FPS (VAS is not a problem since I went DX10).

Living (all the time) in and flying (mostly) in Europe, where most airlines use A32X series aircraft, it has always been my dream to have an add-on like this.

Many years ago I used e.g. PSS A320 package, Eric Marciano's A320 panel (even Project Airbus merged with it, lol), and now the A320 has finally come.

True, it is the top most expensive addon I have ever bought. But it has already paid back and there is absolutely no regret on my side. Pure joy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're the person who bought Airsimmer A320 and tried to use it as much as you could during Fs9 time?
I have been away from simulator for so long, just came back and go straight into FSX:SE. Building everything from scratch but lucky that the hardware now is able to handle FSX with the amounts of complex addons.

Is there any noticeable bug with it that still occur after the update

what bug your referring too here

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're the person who bought Airsimmer A320 and tried to use it as much as you could during Fs9 time?

Yes, it's me. I deliberately didn't mention Airsimmer here as I know many folks are very negative about it, so I didn't want to ignite any forum fire. :wink:

How is it compare to PMDG 777 in term of complexity and performance?

Such comparisons are never objective. These are two very different planes. In addition, people will always be bias based on which aircarft they prefer to fly.

If you ask me, I can say performance-wise I find FSL a bit, say around 5 FPS, harder (as for VAS I have similar results). I hope for some more improvements in future.

As for the complexity, well the FSL bus is an extremely complex study sim and has different system/logic than a boeing 777, so again - hard to compare.

When it comes to individual perception I had such a feeling of something being exceptional twice so far: when Leonardo MD was out years ago, and when I got MJS Q400.

To make it short and a little metaphorical: if you find the PMDG 777 simulation complex and you enjoy it, you will definitely not be disappointed with FSL A320.

Hi James,

This is not mentioned in the changelog, so I left the bus uninstalled after the news for the update... I think I trie it once more (I would be happy with 15fps instead of 8)

This is not mentioned in the changelog, so I left the bus uninstalled after the news for the update... I think I trie it once more (I would be happy with 15fps instead of 8)

Andrew from FSL mentioned that they had also been optimising the VAS and performance footprint in the following comments on one of their most recent posts. For what it's worth I flew it quite a few times in P3D - although not for some time as I've been hard at work on the 777 Program since - and it performed significantly better than the FSX version. 

I installed the bus, now FSX is crashing on startup. I give up with this bus, hope I will be able to get FSX back to running

Made a CAT 111 landing yesterday at LSZH due to very low visibility. My projectFly showed 80 fps but my VA's ACARS and FS Flight Keeper both  recorded 631 fps and  my PIREP was rejected.. Why such a big discrepancy? 

Michael

I installed the bus, now FSX is crashing on startup. I give up with this bus, hope I will be able to get FSX back to running

What error are you getting? Try removing spotlights, and restarting. I have issues with spotlights with version > 22

What error are you getting? Try removing spotlights, and restarting. I have issues with spotlights with version > 22

Thank you for your answer! It was the sound.dll bug. I forgot that this is always coming up on new install... Solved it via a thread in the FSLabs forum. But I will de-install the bus again.

Beside of the extreme poor performance of this bird it just makes no fun flying with no traffic, killed graphic settings - I never flew "all to the right" but it dies even with low settings - sitting in a slideshow.

I stick with my PMDG birds, normal settings, acceptable graphics, traffic, side programs on same PC AND deep simulation!

Klaus,

It'll be something specific to your setup. We do have customers, like yourself, that experience performance difficulties when running the A320-X - but after a brief session with one of our support staff over remote desktop, such issues are nearly always resolved.

If you'd like to request some help, please raise your request in our support forum and one of our staff can help. 

Edit - I've just seen your computer spec. I'm afraid this falls short of our minimum requirements for the A320-X (as detailed on our product page). If you'd like to start a topic in our support forum, I'm sure others will have some helpful tips as to how you can boost the performance of your system.

Yes, it's me. I deliberately didn't mention Airsimmer here as I know many folks are very negative about it, so I didn't want to ignite any forum fire. :wink:

LOL, I still have the Airsimmer link on my browser bookmarks, It was a great leap forward for FS9, sadly, it didn't make it to fsx.