Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Cheesy Hula-Girl statuette on the new AirFoils C172 v1.70

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can't you just click on it?

I tried that, didn't get a response of any kind. I will try though again.  OMG...so cheesy! :sad:

Clicked on this distracting statuette, and can not get rid of it on top of the panel.  No way to remove it with the options. This is a use-killer for me. Will go back to a prior version.  I don't put distracting statuette's on my car dash, and no way would I put one on an aircraft panel....

The dev's sense of humor?  Didn't appreciate it....a very cheesy move.

Airfoillabs_C172_SP_medium_res_7.png

I tried that, didn't get a response of any kind. I will try though again.  OMG...so cheesy! :sad:

Clicked on this distracting statuette, and can not get rid of it on top of the panel.  No way to remove it with the options. This is a use-killer for me. Will go back to a prior version.  I don't put distracting statuette's on my car dash, and no way would I put one on an aircraft panel....

The dev's sense of humor?  Didn't appreciate it....a very cheesy move.

Airfoillabs_C172_SP_medium_res_7.png

If you click on her multiple times, does she swing back and forth?  :dance:

• Upvote 5

If you click on her multiple times, does she swing back and forth?  :dance:

Deleted the v1.70 folder...no further worries. Will fly an earlier version.

Can't believe that they would add this visual crap to the panel right in your forward view.  Totally unprofessional.

This new version is so much better than the last version. I wouldn't delete it because of a Hula-Girl. :smile:

Kind of agree with Ses, they shouldn't add stuff like that without the ability to get rid of it. Kind of strange it can't be removed.

Wow... so much hate for the Hula Girl!

They are around for a reason, you know... they're the universal Good Luck talisman for purveyors of Durable Goods, Vagabonds, and beach loving, Corona drinking expats soaking up the rays on some magical Beach somewhere in the tropics...

Honestly, though... couldn't you 'remove' it via editing the Panel.bmp?

Alan   :Tounge:  

• Upvote 3

This new version is so much better than the last version. I wouldn't delete it because of a Hula-Girl. :smile:

It all has to do with your sense of reality.  I would never put this type of thing up on my car dash, let alone to distract you in a critical eye-flight panel interaction.  The cockpit should be sterile, and uncluttered, and not to distract the pilot.  Just my viewpoint.  I wonder if you can switch out prior versions of the panel..or is it tied in with v1.70.  Like for instance v1.61?   Again, I can't believe that they included it, just so you would see something shake on landing, or at ground taxi.   Again..so cheesy....

Wow... so much hate for the Hula Girl!

They are around for a reason, you know... they're the universal Good Luck talisman for purveyors of Durable Goods, Vagabonds, and beach loving, Corona drinking expats soaking up the rays on some magical Beach somewhere in the tropics...

Honestly, though... couldn't you 'remove' it via editing the Panel.bmp?

Alan   :Tounge:  

If I knew how...I certainly would...and get back to the version.  Why they didn't allow you to check, or un-check this distraction/placement upon panel dash, is beyond me....

Does it work in XP11?

No...a message comes up that they will release an XP11 dedicated version in the future.

It all has to do with your sense of reality.  I would never put this type of thing up on my car dash, let alone to distract you in a critical eye-flight panel interaction.  The cockpit should be sterile, and uncluttered, and not to distract the pilot.  Just my viewpoint.  I wonder if you can switch out prior versions of the panel..or is it tied in with v1.70.  Like for instance v1.61?   Again, I can't believe that they included it, just so you would see something shake on landing, or at ground taxi.   Again..so cheesy....

If you can't fly with fake hula gril forget about real one :)

Ha, that's great, but I agree it should be optional... sort of like the Austin Meyer Bobble Head in the XP11 C172...

Of course, having said that, I had one on the top of my panel of my '63 Piper Colt in real life for years ha... stuck her right above the radio stack (well, I use "stack" loosely here, it consisted of one poorly working old analog COM) in the middle of the panel, about where they did.  Mine had an orange skirt though :Tounge:  :dance: 

Try clicking on the glove box or side pocket. If all else fails, you should be able to go into plane maker, find the object, and delete it. 

Is there a sale anywhere for the new airfoils 172?

It was on sale on black Friday.

Try clicking on the glove box or side pocket. If all else fails, you should be able to go into plane maker, find the object, and delete it. 

That's what I thought.

To a point I agree that non-standard items should be optional, however.....she takes up less room than the whiskey compass.... (OK the compass may be a useful item!)

I hate looking out of a Cessna only to find the dang wing strut blocking my view...

I've got my opinion, the OP has his. We're all different.

If it helps, perhaps think of this particular Cessna as a rental: you're flying someone else's plane and can't go ripping the dashboard up. (Might not help if you've gone ahead and got your own livery on it!).

It could be worse... at least the Hula Girl isn't stuck directly in front of the left seat.  :Tounge:

Mitch got all excited about nothing. All he has to do is:

"Use Plane-Maker to delete the hula.obj (in Standard/Misc Objects) - it is the next to last. That should do it. Once you save a change,
PM will create a back-up acf (a .act~ file), in case you want to revert because you are flying to Hawaii"

• Upvote 2

Does it work in XP11 and how is it better than the C172 that came in XP11?

AirFoils looks pretty solid comparing with stock (which is also pretty good by the way)

However, I do have some questions about AirFoils implementation of certain aspects. For example I always lean mixture during the taxi. In fact, it's highly recommended for engine health (unless ambient temperature is very high of course). AF  coding doesn't seems to agree with this concept for some reason.

Another thing I noticed - during a slow flight require AF model seems required less right rudder than in real aircraft. And during uncoordinated stalls AF 172 always drop left wing.

Disclaimer: I have flown  and taught in 172C/M/N/P/R/S models. I personally own 172P, so closely familiar with a lot of  maintenance  aspects of real 172.

Still with a lot of shortcomings it's one of the best implementations I have ever tried. It's hard to make perfect something that everyone knows after all

Mitch got all excited about nothing. All he has to do is:

"Use Plane-Maker to delete the hula.obj (in Standard/Misc Objects) - it is the next to last. That should do it. Once you save a change,

PM will create a back-up acf (a .act~ file), in case you want to revert because you are flying to Hawaii"

Thank you...just read your post...will try that!  :))))...and oh...I can guarantee you, I won't be the only one doing this...but the others will do it er...quietly... ;)

Does it work in XP11 and how is it better than the C172 that came in XP11?

No it does not work in XP 11. There's an update planned for Jan 2017, but I think this will not happen until XP 11 is released. XP 11 is still in a Beta state.

Is it better than the default XP 11? If all you want to do is fly around and do some sight seeing, then stick with the default. If you want a realistic simulation of a c172, then the Airfoil Labs 172 is as good as it gets.

Thank you...just read your post...will try that!  :))))...and oh...I can guarantee you, I won't be the only one doing this...but the others will do it er...quietly... ;)

No problem Buddy!

Which one has better graphics for the virtual cockpit? Default XP11 172 or the Airfoils?