Sign in to follow this  
JYW

The Carenado Meridian is out!

Indeed, no need for the flame suit Jevon.  And, BTW, thanks for your in-depth comments on the plane, what you like and what you don't.  They are most helpful to any considering taking the plunge.  Your comments and Jim's are absolutely of value and well-taken.

And in that spirit, I'll also bow out, unless I have specific comments or questions on the Meridian so that this thread can refocus on the new release itself.

Scott

Internet Negan hahah  I'm ready for the next season to come out on netflix

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Internet Negan hahah  I'm ready for the next season to come out on netflix

LOL, Feb 12 it's back on tv!!!!

Jevon 

LOL, Feb 12 it's back on tv!!!!

How to be Neagan...lean back as lot when you talk, love the sound of your own voice and, despite having an army of scroungers at your command, never wear trousers that actually fit.

I'm hoping he'll end up as a chew toy for Ezekiel's tiger.  :Devil:

Everyone, I suggest you gather your bugs and suggestion and send them to Carenado. They are working on an update to v1.1 right now.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Just looking at my youtube list and saw this vid.  Looks like a great airplane VFR and point to point.  If it had a full IFR package I'd be all over it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks Gregg. Almost confirms everything I saw earlier. I did buy it today and did a couple of flights but have been busy putting together a new system.  I like it but it is not my favorite so far.  The Phenom 300 still sits at the top.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Gregg. Almost confirms everything I saw earlier. I did buy it today and did a couple of flights but have been busy putting together a new system. I like it but it is not my favorite so far. The Phenom 300 still sits at the top.

Best regards,

Jim

Let us know what the performance compares to...like what airplane it's similar to.  I need a knock around airplane...not sure what to get.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Let us know what the performance compares to...like what airplane it's similar to.  I need a knock around airplane...not sure what to get.

Alabeo Seminole.. or Carenado TBM850.

Bert

Just looking at my youtube list and saw this vid.  Looks like a great airplane VFR and point to point.  If it had a full IFR package I'd be all over it.

1:20 - "It looks absolutely stunning" is the mantra for every product they make.  And it usually ends there hehe.  And they do make dang good looking planes.  They are some of the best modellers/texturers out there imo.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Alabeo Seminole.. or Carenado TBM850.

Bert, are you saying the performance is similar to those...or those are good airplanes?

Gregg Seipp

Good "knock around" airplanes..

The Seminole just feels right, but is not high performance.

Just a nice twin trainer and fun to fly!

The TBM is high performance, similar to the Meridian.

A more spacious cockpit, not as claustrophobic as the Piper..

Bert

The Carenado Meridian looks great and flies great.

The few switches and other things were reported to Carenado's support and within hours they came back and said that the errors will be fixed with the next update that they working on.

The FSX AIRAC database has been updated to AIRAC 1701 with all the new info now available in the flight planner. 

(http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html)

I am happy with my purchase. (Waited so long for a Meridian from the Fligh1 2004 days)

A more spacious cockpit, not as claustrophobic as the Piper..

LOL...I get that.  First time I sat in the 350P I was like "eesh".  After a while, though, it was okay.  Real world, peripheral vision makes it less so, I guess.

Gregg Seipp