Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

Win7 or PFPX on 2nd PC: Hit SAVE OFP and save the text file into a specific uplink folder in your sim folder

Also works if you save the PFPX as a PDF file and put it in the company routes folder of the FSLabs bus.

yeah, especially when using realistic turnaround times of about 30 minutes. You will end up with 25 minutes of sweet idleness, unless you use this time to recheck flightplan data and weather

And now compare this to a B738 with Ryanair SOPs :D

Yes. The 737 is much more hands-on, especially with the Ryanair SOPs.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Also works if you save the PFPX as a PDF file and put it in the company routes folder of the FSLabs bus.

Will this give you full OFP import or "only" raw route data?

Will this give you full OFP import or "only" raw route data?

What do you mean by "raw"? It is without SIDs and STARs as any company uplink in the real world would also work. But it includes other data like cruise alt, weights, etc., if that is what you mean. Just like in the PMDG 777.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

What do you mean by "raw"? It is without SIDs and STARs as any company uplink in the real world would also work.

but only waypoints and airways (method 1)? Or full auto import including winds aloft data, alternate destination route and weights? (method 2)

So I've read through all six pages so far in the hopes that someone would ask about the product's performance characteristics and comparisons, but nothing yet. I'm curious about how the FSL A320 for P3D compares to the performance of its FSX sister and other products of similar caliber in P3D.

• If you own both, have you found the A320-P3D to be (better / similar / worse) when it comes to overall performance (smoothness) vs. the A320-FSX version?

• If you've used both, is the A320 for P3D (better / similar / worse) when it comes to overall performance (smoothness) vs. the P3D versions of other highly complex planes, such as the PMDG 777?  (*I believe the general consensus was that the A320 on FSX was a bit heavier than some other highly complex aircraft on FSX, but I'm interested to see if this has also translated onto the P3D side.)

Thanks for your insights.

• Upvote 1

In P3D I get the same fps as with the PMDG 777. However, the bus is heavier on VAS than the 777.

• Upvote 1

Funny you mention that...after testing this wonderful aircraft over many builds in both FSX and P3D, I now prefer to manually enter the flightplan. And it's easy to do, given the option of entering airways, etc.

I have been manually entering as well.  One question, when entering the Airway and Waypoint, if you have a long flightplan and make it to the end of the page is there a way to get to a new clear page to continue entering ?  Otherwise you have to insert into F-Plan and then scroll down through the entire thing before you can hit the last waypoint and get back to this page to continue entering airways/wpt.

So I've read through all six pages so far in the hopes that someone would ask about the product's performance characteristics and comparisons, but nothing yet. I'm curious about how the FSL A320 for P3D compares to the performance of its FSX sister and other products of similar caliber in P3D.

• If you own both, have you found the A320-P3D to be (better / similar / worse) when it comes to overall performance (smoothness) vs. the A320-FSX version?

• If you've used both, is the A320 for P3D (better / similar / worse) when it comes to overall performance (smoothness) vs. the P3D versions of other highly complex planes, such as the PMDG 777?  (*I believe the general consensus was that the A320 on FSX was a bit heavier than some other highly complex aircraft on FSX, but I'm interested to see if this has also translated onto the P3D side.)

Thanks for your insights.

I think it is about the same.  The problem with comparisons is my FSX version is now not the same version number as the P3D and I am too lazy to install the update and then test the comparisons.  I think it is safe to say don't expect some sort of framerate, smoothness panacea if upgrading.  You are mostly upgrading to enjoy the better visual experience of P3D or because its the only sim you are running.

• Upvote 3

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

In my humble opinion....

YES!

I have not felt this happy about flightsim in years. Yes, its expensive and I know plenty are having VAS issues etc..., but so far I have not encountered one problen. It feels great to have something new to learn. I have gotten a little tired of Boeings as they all become rather familiar to one another. I like to fly real flights, and not having an A320 really limited some of my flight options (especially around Europe!)

My hangar has now slimmed down to some A2A GA's, PMDG 777 and MJC Q400. The FSL A320 has taken pride and place of my shorthaul fleet and I am excited about learning all the details it has to offer.

The immersion is fantastic!

Now if i could just master the flare...

LOVE IT!

How FPS performance compared to PMDG 777 is it on par or slower? i am happy with 777 pdmg performance and looking at buying this and curious on performance if my machine will handle this.

Read up just two replays

Dear me

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have been manually entering as well.  One question, when entering the Airway and Waypoint, if you have a long flightplan and make it to the end of the page is there a way to get to a new clear page to continue entering ?  Otherwise you have to insert into F-Plan and then scroll down through the entire thing before you can hit the last waypoint and get back to this page to continue entering airways/wpt.

Mark there is an 'airport' button on the fmc , that takes you to the destination airport waypoint in the fplan which is usually last of the way points in the fplan...

One question, when entering the Airway and Waypoint,

Mark,

You don't have to enter the waypoints, just enter the airways and the FMGC will magically find where the airways intersect - I believe this technique is known as stringing a flight plan. However, always check that the correct waypoints are inserted by the system.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

How FPS performance compared to PMDG 777 is it on par or slower? i am happy with 777 pdmg performance and looking at buying this and curious on performance if my machine will handle this.

For me, I have not noticed any worse performance compared to PMDGs 777. I have not done a detailed comparison, but that's because I haven't felt a need to.

I have also never had VAS issues so don't even own software with the ability to monitor it. My testing of the Bus has been in P3D v3.4 with ASCA+AS16, UTX, GEP3D, UK2000 airports, EZDOK v2, REX Airport textures.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Multi Crew Experience is already supporting it :wink:

I'm discovering the Airbus world as well, and have so much to learn, very exciting by the way :P

To me the TRACK/FPA mode itself is simply a brilliant idea.

From what I see on Youtube Multi Crew Experience is not exactly what I am looking for, but thanks.

On my system A320 performs the same as the NGX and the 777. Though it consumes a bit more of VAS. But since i got rid of orbx vector completely i have plenty of memory left, so no fear of ooming

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q