Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II: Departure Paperwork...

My guess is 2043 EST.

i doubt it. It would make no sense. :-P

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Yes! No no no my home internet is down. I just have cellphone internet noooooooo!

Well, cellphone internet speeds are probably what the masses will have to endure for the first few hours of its release, what with everyone trying to get their hands on it at once. Your temporary outage may be a blessing in disguise! 

Honestly Guys, I don't think it'll be released until the 2nd for the simple fact that if they shipped it out now, the Airac cycle would be only 2 or 3 days away from expiry. If they wait until the 2nd, load it with the newest cycle, they save themselves a lot of time because they don't have to answer "my airac cycle is out of date" questions for the first 30 days, instead of right at release.

That's what I would do anyways.

Damn, I nearly bough the 777 again for P3D!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

i dont think they will postpone the release because of the airac cycle

Honestly Guys, I don't think it'll be released until the 2nd for the simple fact that if they shipped it out now, the Airac cycle would be only 2 or 3 days away from expiry. If they wait until the 2nd, load it with the newest cycle, they save themselves a lot of time because they don't have to answer "my airac cycle is out of date" questions for the first 30 days, instead of right at release.

I don't believe it ship with 1701, and it wouldn't matter anyway, as those with Airac subscription would just updated it, those that don't have subs, well...

• Upvote 2

With all due respect, that makes absolutely no sense. AIRAC is developed separately and by a totally different company, so even if it was 1 hour away from expiring, that shouldn't have anything to do with the release of the Queen. If you have your yearly susbcription or just purchase cycle-by-cycle you would be all set to go on the second once you update to 1702, wouldn't you? :)

Not gonna change things. Airac is never the latest one with the releases, and also, they could not test the product installer properly before, so changing the airac would require a whole bunch of test to make sure everything still works fine. Even if it's just files that are different you need to rebuild the installer and test it properly.

Honestly? Who would buy a product* only "valid" for a month. If you are paying PMDG prices you will certainly want to use it more than just one month. If you care about updated AIRAC's then you'd need to subscribe. If not you probably won't care if your AIRAC expired in three days or three weeks.

UPDATE

* = Ok I realized Navdata is also a product and only valid for a month, so be so kind an fill in aircraft Add-Ons and such that are not based on subscription.

I'm not agree with this I think that it's to important for PMDG to sells the PMDG two more days so wait two days with a finished product it's loose money like a plane on the ground ;)

And they know we will update ourselves.

But don't say that because you'll give a bad idea :P

I was just basing my suggestion on that I was under the impression that the PMDG aircraft were shipped with the current airac cycle on release, because it's roughly about a month or so before the questions regarding that come up. Also, from a business side, they are assuming that not everyone is an experienced flight simmer that would know what an airac cycle is. All they would see is an error in the FMC, and assume the program was broken.

To you and me, yes, we know it's not, but if this is your first PMDG aircraft, which it will be for a lot of people, some may not understand, and take it to the forums or support tickets, which bogs down resources unnecessarily, especially if they can post-pone it 30 days to avoid the rush.

It may just ship with an old airac from 2016, and they'll just deal with it, but to me, if they were wanting to ship with a current-ish airac cycle, and since no date has been announced, this would fit the release time frame. To me, it just seems really strange to spend 3 years working on a product, and release it with an old airac cycle to produce an error (that's not really an error, but again, not everyone knows that).

But my memory is a little foggy trying to remember the NGX and T7 release if they shipped with current cycles.

My guess is FSX : $99

P3D : $150

PMDG loyalist : $49.99

• Upvote 1