Sign in to follow this  
hammamet1

Undecided about 744 and 777

The 737NGX is older than the 777, but I don't see any obvious signs that the graphics are "dated".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The 737NGX is older than the 777, but I don't see any obvious signs that the graphics are "dated".

since  you have  brought  up the ngx  and  yes its older   and still cant  see  any major  difference  between the ngx,777  and  pmdgv3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Got the Queen as my first PMDG plane and love it and now thinking of getting the 777

Paul, don't you have the CS 777 already?

Yes I have the CS 777 but after seeing and using the Queen for a couple days I am looking to upgrade. 

Glad you guys see no difference between the Queen and her brother 777 so I think I might have a go at it. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

lad you guys see no difference between the Queen and her brother 777 so I think I might have a go at it.
  plenty of utubes  out  there  for  you to make  your  mind  up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes and no. No because you really have to see the plane on your pc monitor in person. Example: My buddy came over yesterday to check out the new Queen as he is into flight sims as well. After an hour with her he said he was on the fence after watching almost every video he could find about her but seeing her in person pushed him over the edge and now he will also become a proud owner. 

So yes videos help but you have to own it to really see it. I trust your opinions so if you say it is as good,,,that is good enough for me. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I love both.  The 777 offers very modern tech, while the 747 us a hybrid of new and old tech.  The 747 also has PMDG's latest innovations and improvements, which they hope to push to the 737 and 777 products in the future.

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I am sure they will bring those to the 777 and another reason to buy her. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul, don't you have the CS 777 already?

I have that and its less than stellar relative to the PMDG 777.

spacer.png

They already have released a new 777 installer recently where VAS usage is improved by using new 747 technics. I think this was the most important thing to update - unless they should really make the -200ER. There was nothing else that I missed at the 777 except better VAS usage - which should be given now.

Regards, Dominik

You really cannot go wrong with either one. I just got the 747-4 from PMDG, it seems like a big winner. I actually like some of the features in the iFly 747-400 better, like the control panel and 2D Panels, but graphically the PMDG model inside the flight deck is fantastic and it flies much better than the iFly. The 777 has an Electronic Checklist (ECL), which I really like having. The 747-8 will have that as well, that extension will be a must for me. Too bad PMDG will not tackle the 787, they would do a great job with it, but it would take them months and months and months to do.

Too bad PMDG will not tackle the 787, they would do a great job with it, but it would take them years and months and years to do.

Fixed it for you. ;-)

spacer.png

There is something about the tan and brown Boeing cockpit designs in the Boeing series that is so nice for the long haul.  A warm feeling, IMHO nicer than the Airbus blues, Russian greens, MD/NGX grays,  Makes you wonder why they abandoned those colors in the 787.  

For short haul the color doesn't matter that much, but if you have to be in an office for 10+ hours at a time, it better be inviting lol.

Cheers

TJ

Fixed it for you. ;-)

LOL, yes that is what I meant to say...

I was being more diplomatic...

There is something about the tan and brown Boeing cockpit designs in the Boeing series

Absolutely right TJ, I could not agree more. A lot of thought and study by Boeing was put into the colors to be easy on the eye for long periods of flight. While I love the 787, it did abandon that tan and brown. Maybe some engineer figured the glass displays are so large and numerous, you will not even notice the colors : )