Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

On The Fence... STILL

Sweeeet.  Maybe then I can actually work on scenery without having to fake and trick WED out now.  :)

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Grrr, I'm ready for it to come out - a few planes that I use are waiting for RTM as well...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Grrr, I'm ready for it to come out - a few planes that I use are waiting for RTM as well...

Which planes are those Ryan if I may ask?  I'm new to X-Plane is the reason I'm asking.

--- Jim  ---

I've downloaded about 2 dozen Southwest destination airports from the X-Plane.org website and I have to say something out loud before it kills me.   Scenery Designers... for the love of all that is holy... please stop cluttering up active taxiways and the ramp with STATIC planes!!!!! @_@    At the gates is fine.... on active taxiways or in one case, at the threshold line of a major runway.. STATIC PLANES.   Stop trying to make the airport look like it has traffic moving about.  You are making some key airports useless with garbage static planes in the way.   Keep that crap at the gates!   -__-    

One thing I do not like is MOST of these airports only setup a few gates while leaving the ones with static planes off the selection list.   This is something FSX/P3D crushes x-plane on and probably always will;  Gate assignments and AI traffic using said gates.    It is a little irritating that I cannot follow gate assignments issued by my VA because those gates are not there to spawn in at.

The best practice I have seen from some designers is to put all the gate but label the gate as having static traffic at the gate so at least you have the option of spawning in at the gate.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Which planes are those Ryan if I may ask?  I'm new to X-Plane is the reason I'm asking.

Well the ddenn challenger I think will get another official update

The freeware Bell 429 is getting one plus GTN750 integrations from RXP

LES Saab 340 is awaiting an official xp11 patch

Aerobask is doing their panthera update for 11

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Ryan.  I have the dden Challenger was wondering what else to get.  I've been looking at the Aerobask aircraft but holding off for updates.  Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

--- Jim  ---

Ya I recommend their Victory jet...  needs a quick GNS430 patch from XP10 I think, I forgot how exactly it works...  but that's a great plane!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Sweeeet. Maybe then I can actually work on scenery without having to fake and trick WED out now. :)

What do you mean by that? WED needs no tricks: You use the current stable version of WED to build airport scenery that works in both XP10 & XP11 (without XP11 features). Or, you can use the latest beta version of WED which includes all the XP11 features, to build airports for XP11. (You can actually use it to build airports for XP10 so long as you don't use any of the XP11 features or objects, but there's very little compelling reason to do so at this point, since you can't upload them to the Gateway.)

One thing I do not like is MOST of these airports only setup a few gates while leaving the ones with static planes off the selection list. This is something FSX/P3D crushes x-plane on and probably always will; Gate assignments and AI traffic using said gates. It is a little irritating that I cannot follow gate assignments issued by my VA because those gates are not there to spawn in at.

The best practice I have seen from some designers is to put all the gate but label the gate as having static traffic at the gate so at least you have the option of spawning in at the gate.

Airports such as you find with static aircraft objects like that are kind of outdated. XP10.50 included a new ability for parking spots: Dynamic non-moving AI aircraft. For example, here is CYPA, one of my submissions to the X-Plane Gateway (meaning, that it is included in default X-Plane scenery in both XP10 and XP11):

kF8GZAF.jpg

Not a single one of those aircraft visible in that picture is a static object. Or rather, they are an object, but they are not quite 'static'. They are placed in parking spots defined by the scenery builder as being a certain size and type automatically by the simulator. For example, If the scenery creator defines a small GA spot, then the sim only puts small GA aircraft there. There's lots of possibility, including narrowing down spots to military, helicopters only, certain airline codes, etc.

And so then, as you can guess, the more spots the scenery builder puts in his airport... the more aircraft show up (limited by the object density slider in the settings). And the best part is they don't get in the way; when you pick a parking spot to start a flight, there won't be any aircraft loading in on top of you.

For me, it's perfect. I never used to run with much AI in FSX or P3D, but I always hated the empty airports. I would of given my left foot for this feature many times over through the years.

The thing is though... a *lot* of scenery builders have not updated their airports, since 10.50 only came out shortly before 11 was announced. Some .org airports use really nice custom aircraft objects with local liveries so you might never see those removed. Some .org airports may never get updated by their developers, and still others may be waiting for the new features that XP11 is bringing to the table. Which brings me to the next thing:

I can't believe Pushbacks aren't default modeled in the X-Plane engine. @_@

They are in XP11... but the airport has to built with Ground Services, so the onus ends up on the scenery developer. You can actually create all sorts of ground services, give them a proper place to park, define where they drive, give them random spots to travel to so that they add some movement to the airport, heck, you can even place a Ferrari (only in X-Plane..) that can be your crew car to come and pick you up at your airplane. And yes, pushback trucks are one of those services.

Some of the default XP11 airports have this new stuff built in - I have no idea which ones, maybe someone else can chime in - but other than a few early birds on the .org, you won't see many others yet. That's because the version of WED that includes the ability to create these features is still in beta and is unable to be used for uploading to the Gateway. And of course, all the older airports on the .org that might never get updated, well, they won't ever make the most of those features either.

Anyhow, sorry for the long post, but I've read a few assumptions in this thread that lead me to believe that you might not be aware that X-Plane is actually even better than you're realizing it is. :smile:

• Upvote 4

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hold on now, did someone say this was going to be on steam?

Will it be in Steam VR?

Of course, Xp10 is on steam right now and XP11 already has a steam page. Not sure about steam VR but LR posted a picture on FB a couple days ago of a vive and a rift.

If you see static planes in undue spots (like on a taxiway) it is usually a scenery designer´s error. He may have put a "ramp start" at that spot to facilitate spawning there (maybe just at a "hold short" position), but labled the rampstart erroneously (as a tie-down or gate). When X-Plane introduced the new "dynamic static aircraft placement" it converted all ramp-starts labled "tie-down" or "gate" to places where static aircraft could appear.

To fix this: A.) Report to the original author (if its a download from somewhere). B.) File a bug report at the Scenery Gateway (if its a default X-Plane airport)

Dynamic ground vehicles in XP11 can be seen at ONLY these airports for now (except for the pushback trucks, they are everywhere where Gate positions are coded):

KATL, KDFW, KPSP, KSEA, KBFI, KFLG, KSNA, LOWI, EGLL, EDDF, EDDG, EDFE, EDFL

Cheers, Jan

LR is revamping the code of XP11 as per their public admission.

I seriously doubt they will deliver for March 30th, considering further betas and RCs.

My best guess is for late June when the E3 will take place  :wink:

LR is revamping the code of XP11 as per their public admission.

I seriously doubt they will deliver for March 30th, considering further betas and RCs.

My best guess is for late June when the E3 will take place  :wink:

when was this public admission ?

the last official i read was ben talking about stabilizing everything and they expect a few more betas to the RC candidate. There is no big revamping that I know of said this year.

Dont forget if they say 30 March on Steam, valve needs a few weeks time inittally to approve everything.  So it needs to be done alot sooner.

Final Verdict:   Not Ready for my type of flying.

I have flown 6 full flights.   It is pretty darn good right out of the box but does not compare to a fully payware modded P3D still.   There are still too many things that I want or need to make this my go to sim for airline flying.   I am eager to see it improve in areas of weather generation, real time offline ATC, AI control of traffic and better payware planes and scenery offerings.

Things that it does get right;   Lighting, the feeling of flight, better usage of today's hardware, better looking default scenery.

X-Plane 11 is NOT a Prepar3D killer; not in it's current state and the fact that it has been around for as long as the Microsoft's lineup of products yet has 1/4 the payware offerings of its competition is not a promising sign that it will ever be able to overtake the ESP engine market.   I think I will use Prepar3D for my daytime flights and use X-Plane for my night operations for now.

100454.png

Brian Navy