Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX and Prepar3D now in Beta!

Standing by here too for the Superb 'Six'!

Truly great work and brings back many memories :) (Flew on the Air Atlantique 'Six' when she was still flying in the 90's and loved every moment of her! from that startup sound as the props start with their slight whine, to them 'coughing' into life... truly a living, breathing soulful machine!)

Wonderful! I have my plastic in hand . . . 

David Jones

5 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Haven't met him but I can sympathize in a way.  I'm the guy who wanders down to maintenance when I'm car shopping to find out all the real stuff that sales won't tell me about.

Of course, now you've got me reading closely between your (tightly written) lines.  Does the vintage airplane romantic win the argument in the end?  Did the intervention work?

Will be watching this space...

The intervention clearly did not work (or didn't happen at all), otherwise we would not have the DC-6...

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Alan,

Every time I start talking about a 707, Paul Gollnick wanders by my office and sternly barks:  "NO."

(He worked on them... he isn't a fan...)

Then maybe a DC-8 or even better, a VC10 will be more acceptable to him :biggrin:

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Great news and she will be in my hangar. I do wish for a decent 707 (CS one is ok but without soul).

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Been waiting a long time for this news.

Can not wait to join it with the A2A 377, L049 and the C-47 by Manfred Jahn and Jan Visser,

What a quartet that is going to be.  The Magestic4

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

Oh guys Rob was trying to throw a hint on a new development perhaps.

Four engine let us think. The 747-8 is still technically the 747 family so that counts as one. DC6 is number 2 so maybe hopefully maybe an Airbus A380! 

When they put the wrong FBW in the 777 they used an Airbus style of FBW remember that one guys took them ages to rewrite haha they probably forgot what plane they should be working on.

Also the wings on the QOTSII look a lot like an A380 droop although they are correct.on the 747.

Just food.for.thought.

Hope im right.

Blessings

Duncan Odgers

ohh.... are we talking 4 MAIN engines or 3 plus an APU (Still technically an engine!)? haha! i'd love some older props... like a DC-4, Vickers Viscount or Vanguard... well a man can dream! 

Prop is likely in there as why bring the DC-6 into FSX if not to see how propeller logic can be done in the PMDG way.... 

1 hour ago, duncanodgers said:

Four engine let us think. The 747-8 is still technically the 747 family so that counts as one. DC6 is number 2 so maybe hopefully maybe an Airbus A380! 

On reflection, I took the three to be 1) the DC-6, 2) the 747-8 and 3) the 747-400 series (i.e. still being "worked on" in the form of updates and refinements).

But of course, I'm just trying to keep myself calm and keep my speculations reined in...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

On reflection, I took the three to be 1) the DC-6, 2) the 747-8 and 3) the 747-400 series (i.e. still being "worked on" in the form of updates and refinements).

But of course, I'm just trying to keep myself calm and keep my speculations reined in...

Well considering the amount of 4 holers left in production...its all speculation and what not. I still morn the loss of the 3 holers and when planes had a certain elegance that they lack these days. All planes were prettier 767 and earlier. 

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

7 hours ago, serviceceiling said:

Sweet! Will be interesting to see how this one holds up against the A2A L-049.

I think it is comparing apples to oranges.  I have the x-plane version of the DC-6 and most A2A airplanes.  There are things I like and dislike about both.  I will say that with the x-plane DC-6, when I am in the cockpit, I feel like I am in the plane.  Same with the 747.  I don't get that same feeling with the big A2A iron.  I think both companies are very good at what they do.  If I could hang four accusim'd R-2800's on the PMDG "6", I may die a happy man.  Either way, I cannot wait for this to come out for FSX.

2 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

All planes were prettier 767 and earlier. 

Yes, there's something generic about the new generation, isn't there?  Love the 757 for its looks (and used to love flying on it as a passenger - those rocket takeoffs) but there's not much if anything after that that seems to have any character.

8 minutes ago, Pilotdude3407 said:

I will say that with the x-plane DC-6, when I am in the cockpit, I feel like I am in the plane.  Same with the 747.  I don't get that same feeling with the big A2A iron.  

I know what you mean.  I'm really just migrating into the PMDG world (yes, I'm late to the party) and I do get a real airplane, "you are there" feel from them that I don't get from others, including the A2As.  There's a lot of great stuff in the A2A heavy iron but I think their emphasis is elsewhere - more on the pilot/career experience than on the airplane itself.  The system depth isn't quite as great on their COTS series as on their GA and warbird lines (probably to make room for the other COTS features) and the VCs can be a little generic, which is why there's such a cottage industry in retexturing them.  

Their Cherokee, on the other hand, is a "you are there" airplane - sort of an NGX for GA pilots.

Nice to have variety, and choices.

• Upvote 1

Very good!, thanks PMDG for this, that's the way for the future!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers