GSalden

Ultimate Live Traffic Preview

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Interesting....  I haven't flown with AI in years - too much fps/vas cost - always wondered how people did it

Then you might want to try Nico's Live Traffic program ( PSXseeconTraffic ).

Almost no impact on your framerate...

After the Dev for UT2 doing a runner, I think I will stick with Nico's app. I use UT2 for FSX-SE ( for PMDG MD11 flights ). And live traffic for P3D.

The title of the new UT gives the impression it is also "Live". A bit ambiguous.

If a traffic program uses flightplans it never is live..

4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If a traffic program uses flightplans it never is live..

Exactly. So F1 using the "Live" in the title is a little mis leading IMHO

I am using Nico's Live Traffic program, too, and can only suggest it. It needs a bit care to set up but is a real game changer compared to those AI programs eating away your fps for dinner.

From my impression based on their sparse snippets of info, UTLive is not going to be "live", but this has to be confirmed.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Exactly. So F1 using the "Live" in the title is a little mis leading IMHO

I'd go so far as extremely misleading, given that Nico's excellent application is 'live' in the true sense of the word.

(And incidentally, Ryan, you may be pleasantly surprised by the FPS/VAS requirements of Nico's Live Traffic.)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, neilcm said:

Does Nico's program have GA Live also??   

If the GA is transponding an assigned code, yes.

I've been doing freeware with Alpha India and the AIFP tool since Oct and have compiled 320 airlines, and I'm enoying it on P3Dv3.  I had the original UT2, so hopefully there is a trial version for this latest offering.

No pics of AC.....Hmmm.....

Mark

It's great that finally they will update for P3D, I hope that they will compile all their models with the new SDK and when P3D V4 will be out have completely native aircraft.

Can someone provide a link to the Nico thing?  Google didn't reveal much

if this works out 100% to real live traffic, I can see myself wasting too much time watching those live flights come and go at big airports as they're in real world real time.

Of course, P3D 64bit first please.. 

As I understand, the Nico live traffic program is not good to represent airport AI traffic (during taxiing). That still holds true?.

Cheers, Ed

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

As I understand, the Nico live traffic program is not good to represent airport AI traffic (during taxiing). That still holds true?.

Cheers, Ed

According to what I just read that's correct.  And also it looks like the airports I fly out of there wouldn't be much traffic.  I believe the program only injects traffic with transponder codes in the NAS (at least for the US).  This means a discrete code associated with a flight plan.  Many aircraft have local beacon codes assigned by tower or approach that wouldn't be in the NAS.  Also for your point a lot of airports don't require mode C while taxiing around.  Well, actually I think the AIM recommends this but many smaller airports/ATC don't have ASDE (ground radar).  

• Upvote 1

I wonder if they gash up the airline names in this like they did in the last version.

Couldn't help but notice the developer (like the blackbox duo) don't poke there heads In to say hi. Couldn't think why 

Be interesting how they are going to pull data.  especially on the ground 

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

According to what I just read that's correct.  And also it looks like the airports I fly out of there wouldn't be much traffic.  I believe the program only injects traffic with transponder codes in the NAS (at least for the US).  This means a discrete code associated with a flight plan.  Many aircraft have local beacon codes assigned by tower or approach that wouldn't be in the NAS.  Also for your point a lot of airports don't require mode C while taxiing around.  Well, actually I think the AIM recommends this but many smaller airports/ATC don't have ASDE (ground radar).  

But if you don't fly with traffic anyway, what difference does it make if your airport is empty?  It's empty now anyway.

If you go on Flightradar24, every flight you see on the screen is injected into your sim.  You can filter it if you want to altitudes above and below your aircraft If performance is an issue.

My experience is a much higher FPS numbers and lower VAS consumption for the same amount of AI That would be generated by P3D.  The fact that P3D isn't doing the math for the AI releases the VAS needed to computer those traffic bold, and my FPS is up because, again, the CPU isn't bogged down flying AI.

It's free to try...works great in my opinion.  No cost to try but your time.

Interestingly, or worryingly, the two sets of "preview" screenshots posted don't actually show anything new at all - other than a newer interface.

All of the "functionality" present in those new shots is already present in Ultimate Traffic 2:

The Traffic generation settings i.e.target frame rate/distance to spawn ground aircraft etc is all in UT2
The tail number modifications are already in UT2
The traffic board is already in UT2
The flight map is already in UT2
The aircraft label options are already in UT2
The aircraft assignment/configuration is already in UT2

Also noted in the new screenies is:

a tab "Aircraft using generic Daedalus" (aaaargh!!)
and visible in the Addon Flight Schedule Information section the following - "A sample addon schedule is provided with utLive with 2 flights included...."!!

There's nothing on the "live" aspect at all whch I would have imagined would have been the first, and biggest, plus/selling/draw/feature of any new product.

I appreciate its early days.....I'm still hopeful, and surely there has to be a lot more to the new Ultimate Traffic not yet revealed....but after seeing these screenies I'm beginning to wonder if it's not going to simply be a rehash of UT2 for P3D (with the flight over water bug fixed etc.) which would be a huge disappointment to say the least.

Regards
Steve

Hi guys..I tried Nico's Live traffic, but abandoned it because of two main issues:
1 - No airplanes move in the taxiways in all non ASDEX airports (ex. Europe).
2 - Many times I saw airplanes flying fast above the terminals (like 1000ft) because of update issues.

Do you have these problems? Otherwise UT is my choice, as Live Traffic ruins the immersion to land on an empty airport when full of traffic in the air.

58 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

It's empty now anyway.

It's not. I use WoAI in P3Dv3.4

Cheers, Ed

36 minutes ago, stevem72 said:

simply be a rehash of UT2 for P3D

To me it seems to be the case here.

Cheers, Ed