Bob650

Cheyenne Coming Soon?

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm really looking forward to this one. I love the Cheyenne and still fly the Digital Aviation version frequently. Have some high hopes from Carenado on this model. Should be right in the sweet spot for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to get it but $1000.00 is a little steep for me.  Maybe if it was just $500.00 I might bite. LOL.

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

Man - looks good but I'm scared - the DA Cheyenne is my favorite FS plane of all time and like Jesse - I still fly it... Big shoes to fill - I'd probably be disappointed - in my best Eeyore voice - LOL...

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have to buy this one, I love Cheyennes and this one will have analog gauges and the option for the GTN 750. The Digital Aviation version is actually pretty decent, but I dislike the Trimble GPS (even though it is probably accurate to the original Cheyenne).

Dale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tanker said:

I will have to buy this one, I love Cheyennes and this one will have analog gauges and the option for the GTN 750. The Digital Aviation version is actually pretty decent, but I dislike the Trimble GPS (even though it is probably accurate to the original Cheyenne).

Dale

Agreed on the Trinble unit. In fact I always leave it off and go "old school".  With dual ADF recievers, it makes a great ADF navigation platform, something I really find enjoyable and a great IFR challenge. The DA Cheyenne is also a great hand flyer with a very natural feel. Something similar to the RealAir Dukes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

FYI - I have the Trimble removed and the F1 GTN650 shoe horned into the vacant spot - prior to P3D had the RXP430 doing the same... Makes the plane truly more enjoyable - while the Trimble was a valiant attempt - it did fall short of the mark - as was a constant source of problems and irritation... There is a switch to disable the 3D Trimble knobs...

Regards,
Scott 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

FYI - I have the Trimble removed and the F1 GTN650 shoe horned into the vacant spot - prior to P3D had the RXP430 doing the same... Makes the plane truly more enjoyable - while the Trimble was a valiant attempt - it did fall short of the mark - as was a constant source of problems and irritation... There is a switch to disable the 3D Trimble knobs...

Regards,
Scott 

I've your mod and I wanted to thank you for it:biggrin:! I'm gonna stick to the DA Cheyenne, according to the past, I've a bad feeling for the Carenado:huh:

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to beat the DA Cheyenne, I like how you can overlay the weather onto your route and have the route legs shown on the WXR. Takes some patients getting use to the Trimble but importing flight plans is easy so that is what I usually do. Will have to see how well Carenado's Cheyenne is received before a purchase, here is their video of her flying....Notice the new flight crew?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

Thanks Pat...

Nice video Martin - yeah - for me the Cheyenne is just the quintessential twin turbo-prop...

The FDE was the best part of the DA version - it just feels real...

I sent Carenado a request for my FAVORITE Cheyenne paint - I know - probably pointless...

 

Capture_zps5y8nrrie.png

 

696553PiperCheyenneIIPrivateN118HB001TLS

 

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I've asked them to change the little aircraft symbol on the GTN750 to a "Twin"..

Just an easy finishing touch :cool:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Bert - did you explain how to do it for them ?

:biggrin:

One other bit of DA Trivia - a few months ago Hans Hartman - one of the founders/developers of DA publically expressed some interest in possibly providing an update to the Cheyenne over on the AS forum - then came back about a week ago and mentioned it probably isn't going to happen - - - so close - - - disappointed but suspect that darn CRJ is sucking the life out of him by now...

And boy do I wish Bernt Stolle was still around to do this one for Carenado !!!

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll buy it just because they finally changed the crew!!  Man those other two guys must be exhausted!!:laugh:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, iflygary said:

I'll buy it just because they finally changed the crew!!  Man those other two guys must be exhausted!!:laugh:

Hah - OMG - they did - I was sooo tired of seeing those same two in EVERY aircraft... Good catch !

Regards,
Scott

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JesC said:

The DA Cheyenne is also a great hand flyer with a very natural feel. Something similar to the RealAir Dukes.

You could probably drop the DA air file into the Carenado airplane if the Carenado FDE doesn't measure up.  I've done this on several planes...not just Carenado.  You might, also, have to look at some entries in the aircraft.cfg to get it working right. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to exchange the FDE it's most important that you copy all the relevant parts from the cfg file as well.

The aircraft.cfg file is the part where most of the problems/error occur when swapping the FDE.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

Hah - man you have me intrigued now...

I've dabbled with FDE's and Air Wrench but never produced anything I was happy with...

"If" the Carenado FDE isn't up to par and "if" we could seamlessly swap the FDE with the DA one - that would be a dream come true...

Side note: Looks like they included that dang Avadyne in yet another plane - the gauge isn't of much use, is not very good, and I've found it to be a frame rate hog... I wish they would dump it and add the REX Wx Radar... 

Great thread folks...

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will stay with the DA cheyenne over the pretty eye candy max res texture carenado one.... The most important reason for this. The PT6 model of DA over all the PT6 unrealistic model. 

On the other hand i am waiting for the 690B with Javelin slippers tanks. Im a commander family pilot and a lover of commander models and ted smith planes. My worst fear? The TPE 331 of carenado. But we will see.....

Redgars

RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Hah - man you have me intrigued now...

I've dabbled with FDE's and Air Wrench but never produced anything I was happy with...

"If" the Carenado FDE isn't up to par and "if" we could seamlessly swap the FDE with the DA one - that would be a dream come true...

Side note: Looks like they included that dang Avadyne in yet another plane - the gauge isn't of much use, is not very good, and I've found it to be a frame rate hog... I wish they would dump it and add the REX Wx Radar... 

Great thread folks...

Regards,
Scott

I always switch out the Avadyne's for the GTN650.  Makes for a great combo having the GTN750 and 650 side by side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 10:47 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Hah - man you have me intrigued now...

I've dabbled with FDE's and Air Wrench but never produced anything I was happy with...

"If" the Carenado FDE isn't up to par and "if" we could seamlessly swap the FDE with the DA one - that would be a dream come true...

Side note: Looks like they included that dang Avadyne in yet another plane - the gauge isn't of much use, is not very good, and I've found it to be a frame rate hog... I wish they would dump it and add the REX Wx Radar... 

Great thread folks...

Regards,
Scott

Out of dozens and dozens of airplanes in my simulator (P3D), the only air file I haven't changed is the DA Cheyenne.  It is the standard by which I modify everything else to fly like actual airplanes.  So much of the FDE solution relies on what hardware you have.  I was fortunate enough to find a Precision Flight Controls setup on eBay for about 20% of what a new one costs.  It is light years ahead of the CH's, Saiteks, and even Thrustmasters.  All of my aircraft have been tuned to that hardware, so I don't know how they would fly using something else.

Anyway, I have swapped out the relevant FDE parts from the DA to the Carenado Cheyenne and arrived at an FDE I like.  I have plenty or real world Navajo time, but haven't flown the Cheyenne.  My turboprop time is primarily King Air so I can't speak for simulator fidelity with the Cheyenne.  But, like the DA Cheyenne, it behaves like an actual aircraft not the ultra pitch sensitive typical Carenado FDE.  If you would like to try it, send me a PM with your email address. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Whamil,

LOL - you're really going to make me buy this - aren't you ??? OK - I'm in - Carenado can chalk this sale up to your work... Yep - largest plane I've flown is a Duchess - so no turbine time for comparison - the DA FDE is truly a work of art as it just feels like flying and it's on the top of my list for best ever FDE - even when comparing it to modern A2A stuff... I love the Cheyenne - this kind offer is too good to pass up...

PM outbound...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the DA Cheyenne, it looks really nice.  What is this aircraft offering that you want to have it as well?  Just curious what you Cheyenners are thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gregg, for me only the integration of the GTN 750, but you're right it probably will never be as nice a plane to fly as the DA Cheyenne which is one of the nicest planes in my hanger. It's just that the Trimble 2000 AP is a challenge to use by today's standard, but it is nice to have a few planes in the hanger that still have their original avionics.

Cheers

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Gregg, for me only the integration of the GTN 750, but you're right it probably will never be as nice a plane to fly as the DA Cheyenne which is one of the nicest planes in my hanger. It's just that the Trimble 2000 AP is a challenge to use by today's standard, but it is nice to have a few planes in the hanger that still have their original avionics.

Cheers

Martin

I'm curious from those that change out the .air file for the one from DA, if the ITT behavior carries over to the Carenado.  My guess is that it won't...that it's built into the DA gauge.  From what I see, I kind of doubt I'd get the Carenado.  I have the Turbine Duke so I can get my "flies like a rocket" fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now