rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Update thread for XPL users

102 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

The next thing you might expect from us is an update to the XPL DC-6 based upon any changes/fixes we implemented product-wide during wrap up of development in the FSX/P3D environments.

I was hoping for one for the 747 and/or the 777-200ER, actually.:biggrin:

Kidding. I know you'll post when you feel there's anything worth posting. Hardly have time to fly anyhow.

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I was hoping for one for the 747 and/or the 777-200ER, actually.:biggrin:

Might as well do the 737 as well while you're at it...

3 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

The next thing you might expect from us is an update to the XPL DC-6 based upon any changes/fixes we implemented product-wide during wrap up of development in the FSX/P3D environments.

Thanks for the update, Robert. Much appreciated!

Thank you for the specific topic, i think this is important :)

3 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

I feel the tide turning...

In what way? :smile:

I hope this ends the war and some users would stop bm PMDG, FSX, P3D, and XP

I do fly dual (P3D & XP), well plus Flight Gear. :biggrin: I enjoy all of them. I bought X-Plane 11 and I am really impressed by it. I will continue investing products developed for all flight sim platforms. 

Thank you PMDG for bringing quality products to flight sims community! And I am looking forward to buying the new product you have for X-Plane platform! ;)

On 5/7/2017 at 5:31 AM, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

With our entry into the XPL simulation market, we added a bunch of new users to this forum who aren't used to the "norms" of how our forums operate, so I thought it might be helpful to put this post up in the pinned section to simplify things for everyone.

Here in the PMDG forum, we post occasional updates with information that is new, or needs to be re-presented for various reasons.  Generally speaking, you aren't going to see us say something like:  "We don't have any news about XYZ topic" unless it is directly related to the larger point being addressed in a post.

Thanks for the clarification, Robert, much appreciated!

Yes, many people who buy a product for one platform are anxious to know what happens when the platform upgrades. They probably also assume the vendor is pro-active in that regard to keep their customer/fan base, the world is so weird ;-)

X-Plane users waiting for a PMDG quality aircraft, note we are getting a professional A320 simulation developed for real world flight training from Flight Factor. While waiting for potential Boeing aircraft releases from PMDG, X-Plane users will have access to a highly sophisticated aircraft. My personal preference for the next PMDG X-Plane release is the 777, time and patience will tell.

Dave Bernstein

Thanks for the info, Robert. It was definitely needed.

There are a bunch of people who are new to the XPL platform and just started with 11 who needed some assurance before buying (myself included).

On 5/6/2017 at 11:31 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Thanks for the update, would this include an update for xp11?  The biggest issue I have in xp11 is that switching from high to low blower has no effect on bmep, so the engine numbers are all way off at high altitudes.

13 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Thanks for the update, would this include an update for xp11?  The biggest issue I have in xp11 is that switching from high to low blower has no effect on bmep, so the engine numbers are all way off at high altitudes.

This would be an indication that there's something else afoot. With XPL, this can be literally just about anything given the number of plug-ins and the tweaking nature of the community. In FSX, this would normally be something we'd attribute to FSUIPC, or a weather program. Without any interference, the blowers definitely have an effect on power output. Something must be getting in the way. You may want to have a run through your plug-ins.