Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Got a $100 found money

Im a heavy metal P3D flier.

What should I buy?

:-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looking at your list in your sig - how about the NGX?

Definitely the NGX. I'm surprised being such a big PMDG fan you don't already have it.

You won't regret it one bit if you do decide to go with the NGX.  Highly recommended!

Keep an eye on the TFDI 717. They appear to be pretty close to delivering a major update which should address most of it's current shortcomings. If they succeed, it'll be a fine addition IMHO.

Pity you can't reach the A320. It's a masterpiece. I never touched the NGX after that. That TFDi 717 after the 1.1 update recently released is also very flyable but still pretty much buggy ND-wise, it should be a great model once they're done with it, plus it reminds of the MD-11.

Hi Nuno,

Clarification "ND-wise" (I'm first and foremost a GA guy but interested in all things MD) ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

I'd say FSLabs A320. It's the best FS airliner I'e ever flown.

But your signature suggests you prefer boeing jets.
So I will join the crowd recommending PMDG NGX. It is an excellent product (my main machine of choice before I got FSL A320).
What also matters is there are a lot of addons for it, both software (FS2Crew, virtual CDU, sound replacements, etc) and hardware (up to full cockpits).

MJS Q400 has also been mentioned above. This is a marvelous product for sure - I love it!
But I am not sure a regional turboprop is what you mean by 'heavy metal'. Anyway - definitely worth having.

• Upvote 1