Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

P3Dv4 SLI

Does anyone know if the new v4 will finally make full use of SLI?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Nope. As far as I've heard, it won't... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

as far as i heard it wont be of any benefit at all

Hmm, I thought there had been some tests by a certain individual whose name now appears as "Word Not Allowed" when typed into this forum, even back in the 1.x days showing there were gains under specific conditions (i.e. views outside the cockpit, scenes with high levels of AA especially with multiple cloud layers).

I believe it has a lot to do with individual setups. There are people who claim  no benefit, and I have no reason to doubt them but I've been running SLI for quite a while and I *DO* see a benefit. I notice it most when I am in a demanding situation, high density area with TStorms and very dark clouds, etc.

Flying in fair weather - very little noticeable difference. Considering that the majority of my flights are in severe weather, I'm a happy camper.  I also believe that some people are expecting a FPS increase through SLI - not going to happen. In my case I didn't get an increase BUT it took longer for performance to degrade when I overloaded my system.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

36 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I believe it has a lot to do with individual setups. There are people who claim  no benefit, and I have no reason to doubt them but I've been running SLI for quite a while and I *DO* see a benefit. I notice it most when I am in a demanding situation, high density area with TStorms and very dark clouds, etc.

Flying in fair weather - very little noticeable difference. Considering that the majority of my flights are in severe weather, I'm a happy camper.  I also believe that some people are expecting a FPS increase through SLI - not going to happen. In my case I didn't get an increase BUT it took longer for performance to degrade when I overloaded my system.

Vic

Agree,  tested p3d-v3.5 and 3.4  with both 980 sli and 1080 sli , I have a single 1080ti strix oc bought it for xplane and p3d xplane not support sli. Think a get better performance in p3d with 1080SLI then single 1080TI

P3D-v4 ?

With my config I see a real benefit when I fly with medium scenery.

With light scenery all is perfect and SLI do not anithing better. 

With heavy scenery SLI is waiting the data from CPU, and work e few.

But with medium scenery, all the data send by CPU are treated by the SLI and here, I can see a real benefit with or wihtout SLI.

To be effective SLI needs a CPU able to give enough to it...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Too bad SLI doesn't use the VRAM of both cards :-(

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Ya which sucks as i have 2 x titan sc 6gb in sli

Gonna have to sell i guess and get a 1080ti

Will this bottleneck my iu 4790k?Thanks

Mike

I would think so because you may want to go SLI ant then what . I think SLI is working now that I have installed NVidia Inspector which I strongly suggest in order to tweeek SLI . An I7*8700k is the best you can get 1151 socket , but you well have to purchase a new MB.Z370 .YEAH your talking some major changes.   

whit 2x GTX 1080 TI in default p3d v4.3 I must admit I got 189 FPS not bad to start out the hanger whit ,I had to install NVidia inspector . And I must admit I am impressed. 

SLI works fine with V4.

With detailed scenery , or many clouds or rain I see a gain up to 60% ( triple monitor setup as 2 views ) compared to ine card ( both 1080 Ti OC ).

No NVI installed.

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

SLI is good but replacing my old 970s SLI for 1080TI was a good move. Dynamic lights and reflections now possible in 4k. Also higher ASP4 and Rex skyforce 3D settings. 

I have 4770K@4.6 and it goes. I have only hit 100% once with the GPU with ASP4 set to max overcast and 250nm draw. 

Night flying has become a blast. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Question for the computer guy, after reading this thread it got me thinking about SLI for VR.

I run a single titan XP with good results using VR. However when the clouds turn into thunderstorms I do notice a drop in FPS spoiling the experience.

Another XP is hard to come by but maybe 2 X 1080ti might help here?

thoughts?

IM

I always got the impression that SLI pays off when there are more pixels. If you have triple screen 4K, most tests show that’s where SLI really makes a difference.  I saw an article about 8k with 1080ti SLI and it made a very noticeable difference.  So in P3Dv4 if you are pushing some extra pixels I bet you see a solid improvement.  For texture loading and autogen I bet it doesn’t do much.