Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Kunath

Operations Center Update Failure

Still can't update 777 and 747 for either 3.4 of v4.  Tried deleting files and update OC, tried uninstalling and downloading a new installer, tried the TLS workaround, tried all the above with Trend-Micro AV on and off.  Have noticed, however, that after failing to update, the update folder is gone from the appdata/PMDG/PMDG Operations Center folder.  I'm not sure how to get it back.  I'm in New Mexico and tried IPs with VPN Express in New York, London and Tokyo without success.   If this is an Amazon server problem, it shouldn't happened over this many days and over IPs from various parts of the world.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

51 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Still can't update 777 and 747 for either 3.4 of v4.  Tried deleting files and update OC, tried uninstalling and downloading a new installer, tried the TLS workaround, tried all the above with Trend-Micro AV on and off.  Have noticed, however, that after failing to update, the update folder is gone from the appdata/PMDG/PMDG Operations Center folder.  I'm not sure how to get it back.  I'm in New Mexico and tried IPs with VPN Express in New York, London and Tokyo without success.   If this is an Amazon server problem, it shouldn't happened over this many days and over IPs from various parts of the world.

After problems at the 777 I had problems again updating micro update for 747.

I figured out, that only to disable antivirus (trendmicro antivirus+ on my side) was not enough.

I had to fully exit and unload the antivirus program. Suddenly the update went through without problems.

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

I'll try that one. Do you mean uninstall it and then re-install it after updating?  Do yo lose all your exceptions if you uninstall?  I ope this isn't the future of PMDG updates. 

Bob Zolto

1 hour ago, Bob_Z said:

I ope this isn't the future of PMDG updates. 

If it is an issue with your AV - which I strongly presume as your folder disappears likely deleted or put in quarantine by your AV - then it is no really a problem related to PMDG but rather your AV overdoing it.

You may consider changing your AV. Some AV are more or less prone to false positive.

Full names please in your posts as per forum rules.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Sounds like it might be an AV problem, although I don't get any notification and it happens with AV disabled.  I don't understand why the AV would block a micro-update but not the installers of the base products, i.e. 777 and 747.    In any event, I am changing my AV to BitDefender.  I will let you know of the results.

My full name is just above the signature just like yours.

Bob Zolto

20 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Don't you just love self appointed forum police. 😅

Eric 

Changing from Trend Micro to Bitdefender did the trick. Luckily I was only 10 days away from having to renew the TM, so it wasn't that costly. 

Bob Zolto

I've had few problem with Windows Defender, guys a lot smarter than I use it and it's free.  Only problem past couple of years was it would cause a periodic brief pause or stutter, Google helped be track that down to Defender scanning itself. Simply had the defender folders to the exclusion list and that issue went away. 

Dan Downs KCRP

15 hours ago, Bob_Z said:

My bad, sorry.

14 hours ago, B777ER said:

Don't you just love self appointed forum police. 😅

I would call it self appointed police.

I only reminds rules when I have something else related to the OP issue or question to post with. You will never find me popping up just for that (that would definitely be self-appointed police).

And it has been said multiple times by moderators that they appreciate that other people help refreshing that rules to others as they spend their time reminding it themselves.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Funny how the people accusing others of being forum police are essentially also playing the forum police.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the people who remind others of the rules help me by not forcing me to type the same thing, yet again. They're also doing the person a service by advising them of the rules that they may not be familiar with. Provided it's done politely, there's really nothing wrong with it.

So...stop being the police of the apparently self-appointed police.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, Budbud said:

I would call it self appointed police.

I only reminds rules when I have something else related to the OP issue or question to post with. You will never find me popping up just for that (that would definitely be self-appointed police).

And it has been said multiple times by moderators that they appreciate that other people help refreshing that rules to others as they spend their time reminding it themselves.

12 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Funny how the people accusing others of being forum police are essentially also playing the forum police.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the people who remind others of the rules help me by not forcing me to type the same thing, yet again. They're also doing the person a service by advising them of the rules that they may not be familiar with. Provided it's done politely, there's really nothing wrong with it.

So...stop being the police of the apparently self-appointed police.

Reminding others about the rule benefits the person not following it, since otherwise that person's posts may be deleted, and he or she won't know why.

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks for the massive red flag warning which I shall disregard.

The information is very useful and thanks for the thorough research. I have just done the latest 747 update without any problem but I still cannot update the operations center after innumerable attempts so it does not seem to be the local server, which is Bluesky Samoa. Anyway as long as the (superb) aircraft continue to update the operations center probably does not matter too much as it seems to bring the latest information and is noted as optional anyway.

My name is Michael Anderson as in manderson.   

18 minutes ago, manderson said:

Thanks for the massive red flag warning which I shall disregard.

The information is very useful and thanks for the thorough research. I have just done the latest 747 update without any problem but I still cannot update the operations center after innumerable attempts so it does not seem to be the local server, which is Bluesky Samoa. Anyway as long as the (superb) aircraft continue to update the operations center probably does not matter too much as it seems to bring the latest information and is noted as optional anyway.

My name is Michael Anderson as in manderson.   

Not sure what you mean by red flag warning, but the rule is the rule, and you need to follow it, or you won't be able to post here. If you choose this route, that's up to you. Official support can be obtained via the official avenue for support at support.precisionmanuals,com.

Be polite. You were given a warning by another member in your own best interests. Don't turn your nose up at it. Also, manderson could mean Michael Anderson, Manny Anderson, Marge Anderson, Mary Anderson, Misty Anderson, Mongo Anderson, and so on. Don't be smart. Your username is in no way clearly Michael Anderson.

Kyle Rodgers