CarlosF

XPlane 10 or 11 poll.

So, which one is it?  

147 members have voted

  1. 1. XP10 or XP11?

    • XP11
      130
    • XP10
      5
    • Both
      12


Recommended Posts

Thought it would be a good idea to see how many of us have switched to XP11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Still using both, because some of my planes only work in XP10

...but I'd say it's a 70/30 vs 11 and 10. At some point 10 will be gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't even imagine the burden of both installs / uninstalls to my poor SSD. I went XP11 for good the day it was released.

It is still, by far, my preferred uninstall :-)

Now, seriously, and because I do not have much add-ons for any of my sims, and all of the addons I had for XP10 are either compatible or were updated, going back to XP11 was out of question...

Better graphics and overall stability and performance, and I still hope for the upcoming flight dynamics in 11.10, which will never be brought to XP10.

Also, after adapting to the new GUI, I really like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XPlane 11, just being doing evening flight in Jandakot  YPJT and wow so much better and teh rain with teh lights on. 10 wil be deleted soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xp11.

But certain things are better in XP10 (water... more individual graphic setting on interface... framerate... etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I want XP to further mature and develop, so I bought and mainly use XP11. But there's really nothing (yet) in 11 that makes me feel it's definitely the better sim. I don't care for reflections, PBR, haze and the new stuff, but that's maybe because I don't have seen an addon yet that takes full advantage of the new techniques.

Performance-wise, 10.36 was the best for me, but the current 11 non-beta is also running very fine on my hardware.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone should do an x-plane 11 and p3d poll, i am curious to see how many people moved to x-plane or use both now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 2:08 PM, Patriot3810 said:

someone should do an x-plane 11 and p3d poll, i am curious to see how many people moved to x-plane or use both now.

Would be hard to do an unbiased one

however if your poll just stated people who moved at avsim it might be possible.  We've certainly seen some people adopt It from avsim but avsim is a heavily ESP-favored forum.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I much prefer Xp-11's look and feel, even over P3d which I also have.  The mesh alone is outstanding, the atmosphere convincing, included aircraft are nice, and fps quite good.  Only downside is the cities are unrealistic, Las Vegas McCarran doesn't even have a terminal and just stock block buildings for the strip.  FS9 does a better job there than XP-11.  But since most of my flights are over open country I can manage this.  Also autogen in XP-11 is outstanding.  I don't use autogen in P3d as I find it unrealistic, but I use it in XP-11 and find it location specific.  In Europe, the autogen looks European for instance.  No such thing as a perfect sim, but I find XP-11 a great sim in most respects.  I have not upgraded to the latest version however and I probably won't since it is working fine as is.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I much prefer Xp-11's look and feel, even over P3d which I also have.  The mesh alone is outstanding, the atmosphere convincing, included aircraft are nice, and fps quite good.  Only downside is the cities are unrealistic, Las Vegas McCarran doesn't even have a terminal and just stock block buildings for the strip.  FS9 does a better job there than XP-11.  But since most of my flights are over open country I can manage this.  Also autogen in XP-11 is outstanding.  I don't use autogen in P3d as I find it unrealistic, but I use it in XP-11 and find it location specific.  In Europe, the autogen looks European for instance.  No such thing as a perfect sim, but I find XP-11 a great sim in most respects.  I have not upgraded to the latest version however and I probably won't since it is working fine as is.

John

If you had upgraded to the latest (11.05) then you would have found that McCarran has been completely redone. See here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JGregory said:

If you had upgraded to the latest (11.05) then you would have found that McCarran has been completely redone. See here.

Thanks, I guess I will have to upgrade on my next start of XP-11.  I've stalled on it because of the download time.  It took some hours to do the original install, probably because I installed all the scenery!

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

Thanks, I guess I will have to upgrade on my next start of XP-11.  I've stalled on it because of the download time.  It took some hours to do the original install, probably because I installed all the scenery!

Don't worry, the updates are incremental, so after the first install, the subsequent updates are usually very fast (a few MB for minor updates, a few hundred MB for very big updates I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, currently I am in a P3d flight in Carenado's Citation 525.  Will jump back to X-Plane on my next flight.  I usually swap sims every other flight so I can enjoy the strengths of both.  I probably spend a couple hours a day simming now on my new rig.  I had almost stopped on my old one but these two sims have breathed new life into my hobby, more enhancements from FSX and FS9.  Hopefully I can stay in this hobby until I hit my sixties in a few years, then we will see what we have then, there will probably be some computing break-thru between now and then although it's been a slow rise into the 3.5GHZ plus territory.  It's been a long way from my Commodore 64 and my Atari ST to now, I believed sims would evolve this way but to see it actually come true is amazing.

John

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JGregory said:

If you had upgraded to the latest (11.05) then you would have found that McCarran has been completely redone. See here.

I installed the update about a half hour ago and noted the changes in Vegas, quite like the new look, much better than the old Vegas. Little touches but it was nice!  Don't know what else they changed, I guess I will have to browse the forums.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now