Richard McDonald Woods

How to suspend my license?

Recommended Posts

I am about to rebuild by PC.

I can find no instructions on how to suspend my license.

How do I suspend my B77W license?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can find the option on the FMC (if in a cold and dark state just keep pressing "MENU") inside the PMDG options somewhere. I am not at home so i cannot confirm the exact location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

I am about to rebuild by PC.

I can find no instructions on how to suspend my license.

How do I suspend my B77W license?

Hi Richard,  I was surprised to not find this in the Introduction Table of Contents so I searched on keyword "license" and first hit was on "IMPORTANT -  READ THIS PAGE,"  sorry but it is in all caps.  Bottom bullet has the information you seek.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dan,

You must be getting used to being a star!:biggrin:

I have to admit to not having thought of the Introduction manual. I was searching the PMDG forums and was surprised not to have found something referring to it.

All set now for my upgrade to i7-6700k, z270, 1080ti + 2xSSD.

Again, many thanks.

Spoiler
Spoiler

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

upgrade to i7-6700k, z270, 1080ti + 2xSSD.

Richard, that is more or less the hardware I want to next upgrade to. Maybe not quite the 1080 as it is way too pricey for me, but a 1070 Ti maybe. Question? Is that an Intel CPU that would handle the P3D v4 that I have not quite got around to buying as I want the system to be able to handle the v4, without issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Richard, that is more or less the hardware I want to next upgrade to. Maybe not quite the 1080 as it is way too pricey for me, but a 1070 Ti maybe. Question? Is that an Intel CPU that would handle the P3D v4 that I have not quite got around to buying as I want the system to be able to handle the v4, without issues?

There is no such thing as a 1070 Ti... Only "plain" 1070, 1080 and 1080 Ti.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

There is no such thing as a 1070 Ti... Only "plain" 1070, 1080 and 1080 Ti.

 

Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Question? Is that an Intel CPU that would handle the P3D v4 that I have not quite got around to buying as I want the system to be able to handle the v4, without issues?

As long as you have external graphics, you're fine. Integrated graphics on the card will be awful. I tried it, just to see how bad it would be, before I put my cards in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rick,

Yes, an Intel CPU overclocked to 4.8GHz (according to supplier).

I have now modified my planned config to:

  • i7-7700k
  • 16GB DDR4
  • Z270 Gaming 8 mobo
  • GTX 1080ti
  • SM961 M.2 512GB SSD
  • SM961 M.2 1TB SSD
  • 650W PSU
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

I am still undecided whether I should get the second SSD or just a single 1TB SSD. Also haven't yet identified a suitable 28-32" 4K monitor.

HTH

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid, but why would you suspend?

What if you just do a reinstall, or am I missing something?

 

Ty,
Maikel Rozemeijer NL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pe1123 said:

Stupid, but why would you suspend?

What if you just do a reinstall, or am I missing something?

 

Ty,
Maikel Rozemeijer NL

Read the post again, self explanatory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi Rick,

Yes, an Intel CPU overclocked to 4.8GHz (according to supplier).

I have now modified my planned config to:

  • i7-7700k
  • 16GB DDR4
  • Z270 Gaming 8 mobo
  • GTX 1080ti
  • SM961 M.2 512GB SSD
  • SM961 M.2 1TB SSD
  • 650W PSU
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

I am still undecided whether I should get the second SSD or just a single 1TB SSD. Also haven't yet identified a suitable 28-32" 4K monitor.

HTH

 

The 7700k ist THE superior simming processor at the moment, imho. Stellar single core performance and overclock potential at reasonable pricing. Especially if one were to de-lid it. 

Regardings the SSDs, one for both, your Windows install and simulator, would probably be enough, unless you are using your PC in some kind of high-end multimedia production or gaming role. If you are just looking for storage, hard disks are still a lot more cost effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi Rick,

Yes, an Intel CPU overclocked to 4.8GHz (according to supplier).

I have now modified my planned config to:

  • i7-7700k
  • 16GB DDR4
  • Z270 Gaming 8 mobo
  • GTX 1080ti
  • SM961 M.2 512GB SSD
  • SM961 M.2 1TB SSD
  • 650W PSU
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

I am still undecided whether I should get the second SSD or just a single 1TB SSD. Also haven't yet identified a suitable 28-32" 4K monitor.

HTH

 

What's the point of the two SSDs? Get one and save a chunk of cash and get a 2TB + regular spinner for bulk storage.

650W PSU to drive a 1080Ti isn't much, I'd be looking at least 750W and at least gold rated from a reputable brand. That goes bad and it'll take everything out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

As long as you have external graphics, you're fine. Integrated graphics on the card will be awful. I tried it, just to see how bad it would be, before I put my cards in.

Thanks, Kyle.

I currently have an EVGA GTX970 4Gb but I have a feeling that it might not just cut the mustard were I to move from FSX-SE/P3Dv2/P3Dv 3 to v4, and my budget does not quite extend to a 1080, so maybe a 1070.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MorsAbAlto said:

one were to de-lid it

That prospect alone would suffice to give me a heart attack!!

But the i7-7700K sounds a tempter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vc10man said:

That prospect alone would suffice to give me a heart attack!!

But the i7-7700K sounds a tempter.

Did my 7700k yesterday. Really simple with the Rockit88. Running at 4.8 with hardly any voltage adjustment. Going to give it a few days and bump it up to 5.0ghz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Did my 7700k yesterday

You are indeed braver than I , sir! I have also read in this Forum of some rather expensive failures too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi Rick,

Yes, an Intel CPU overclocked to 4.8GHz (according to supplier).

I have now modified my planned config to:

  • i7-7700k
  • 16GB DDR4
  • Z270 Gaming 8 mobo
  • GTX 1080ti
  • SM961 M.2 512GB SSD
  • SM961 M.2 1TB SSD
  • 650W PSU
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

I am still undecided whether I should get the second SSD or just a single 1TB SSD. Also haven't yet identified a suitable 28-32" 4K monitor.

HTH

 

Besides my preference for ASUS mobos, that looks to be a killer setup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, vc10man said:

You are indeed braver than I , sir! I have also read in this Forum of some rather expensive failures too.

As long as you use the builtin/supplied OC software, you should be fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raven9000 said:

As long as you use the builtin/supplied OC software, you should be fine!

That's why like you, I prefer Asus mobos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richard, out of interest, what brand/model is your Z270 MoBo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

What's the point of the two SSDs?

I have 5:

  1. OS
  2. FSX
  3. P3D
  4. XPL
  5. Backups and file storage

Makes it really easy to nuke a sim if I need to start it fresh from all of the testing and so on I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Did my 7700k yesterday. Really simple with the Rockit88. Running at 4.8 with hardly any voltage adjustment. Going to give it a few days and bump it up to 5.0ghz. 

I run 4.7 GHz without a de-lid and a good air cooler. System is super stable, fairly quiet and performance is good. If one was to try 5 GHz, de-lidding is a must for sure. The temps are the only grief I have with the CPU. :)

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Richard, out of interest, what brand/model is your Z270 MoBo?

Gaming 8 sounds like a Gigabyte model. http://www.gigabyte.de/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-Gaming-8-rev-10#kf

Looks like a killer, although I prefer ASUS as well, probably more out of habit than actual merit. They never let me down yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MorsAbAlto said:

although I prefer ASUS as well, probably more out of habit than actual merit.

The team at my day job does as well. I switched to all MSI after my gaming laptop (ASUS ROG from a while back) had a few odd issues, all after the warranty expired, of course. That, and the fact that I can see something here in the forum and say "ASUS mobo?" and be correct more than not, is rather troublesome. All the same, for general gaming, they've been consistently solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MorsAbAlto said:

I run 4.7 GHz without a de-lid and a good air cooler.

That's good to know as I want to be able to use my current air cooler, a Noctua beast(sorry, cannot recall the model no.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now