Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

CARENADO 690B TURBO COMMANDER FSX/P3D RELEASED

8 hours ago, RobertBernardK said:

This plane must have a performance compared to a C550, CJ, BE390 BE400, and another's jet / turboprp. 

Are you serious? A C550 cruises more than 100kts faster than the 690. Furthermore the highest cruising speed is at FL200...about the worst altitude you can be in during cruise.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RobertBernardK said:

... The Rockwell Commander are my favorites planes. Well made, though and rough, there's no plane like this. Ted Smith best design along with the aerostar. 

I agree completely.

I flew newer, bigger, more complex and better performing aircraft subsequently, but alway had a real admiration for this aircraft. I enjoyed flying it and was thrilled when I was able to get if for my simulator.

Just make sure the seat is locked before takeoff!

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, J35OE said:

Are you serious? A C550 cruises more than 100kts faster than the 690. Furthermore the highest cruising speed is at FL200...about the worst altitude you can be in during cruise.

An 690A/B with the TPE331-5 have performance compared to an BE90/100 but an 690 Dash Ten have pair of rockets under the wings, have a performance similar to a Jet. 

I will prefer that carenado do the 690 with the Renaissance program, and the TPE-5 717shp. 

Regardless 

RB 

Hi guys, please could you tell me which kind of AP is in the aircraft? Maybe with a picture and what function he has? Thx a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Mark

8 hours ago, citationjet said:

Hi guys, please could you tell me which kind of AP is in the aircraft? Maybe with a picture and what function he has? Thx a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Mark

Rockwell Collins AP-106 Autopilot with the FD-112V Flight Director. 

3 hours ago, whamil77 said:

Rockwell Collins AP-106 Autopilot with the FD-112V Flight Director. 

Does it work correctly?

2 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Does it work correctly?

About normal for the developer.  It's a simple AP/FD combo from the 70's.  Has an altitude alerter (that doesn't work for me) but no altitude preselect and no yaw damper.  It does fly a nice ILS....better than any other Carenado product I have.  However, I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the FD when I want to.  I replaced it with a full-up KFC-300 from the Cheyenne, pop-up only of course.  

6 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

It's a simple AP/FD combo from the 70's.  Has an altitude alerter (that doesn't work for me) but no altitude preselect and no yaw damper.

Yeah, I figure that there must have been a big sale on those type autopilots because they keep using them.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:44 PM, RobertBernardK said:

Tenpin first opinions???  

Along with the Shrike Commander the turbo Commander are my favorites planes and I have flow in RL both!  

Regarding 

RB 

With virtual only pilot experience I'm not really qualified to get into the nuts and bolts.
I did a 21 minute flight this morning for the sole purpose of it's flight dynamics, and, for me, liked what I seen. Maybe one of you RW 690 pilots can tell me if the sound's are on?
I couldn't hear much difference when the throttle was moved to a notch - so to speak - above idle - for what appeared to be a longer than usual time for a turbo engine.
The Carenado 228 is no where near that slow.
There usual no paint kit. Will make a home grown one later. If anyone is so inclined to share there's??
Cheers,

16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try:

Thanks Burt

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

21 hours ago, whamil77 said:

About normal for the developer.  It's a simple AP/FD combo from the 70's.  Has an altitude alerter (that doesn't work for me) but no altitude preselect and no yaw damper.  It does fly a nice ILS....better than any other Carenado product I have.  However, I can't seem to find a way to get rid of the FD when I want to.  I replaced it with a full-up KFC-300 from the Cheyenne, pop-up only of course.  

Not sure the VS adjustment works... the autopilot seems to stick to whatever VS is active at engagement..

Edit: Let me correct that.  If you use the flip switch in the panel to turn on the autopilot, the pitch adjustment roller knob works.

If you use the Z key (or a yoke button) to turn on the autopilot, the FD does not turn on, and pitch adjustment is inop.  What makes it awkward is that you cannot visually tell that the FD is not active..  It does not retract (as best I can tell)..

Bert

37 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure the VS adjustment works... the autopilot seems to stick to whatever VS is active at engagement..

You're probably right.  I didn't keep it very long once I realized it had no altitude pre-select.  The KFC 300 went in pretty quickly.