Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Update 8: Truesky (1.2.19365.0) Now Live

FSW is not really intended to be regarded as anyone's choice as their 'main flight sim' yet, because it is still under construction and is released as an Early Access title. The Steam description is thus: 'This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development.' This is a standard Steam disclaimer of course, but it does nevertheless tell you what is going on, i.e. you are effectively an Alpha tester for it, which means you can have your say on what goes on with its development and nothing is absolutely set in stone. So yup, you can expect some things to not be complete, or occsionally glitchy, but you can still also enjoy what it has to offer, which is a lot.

Dovetail Games has been very clear that they want users of the Early Access version of Flight Sim World to be involved in helping with its development, by providing feedback on the progress of it and putting in suggestions of things they would like to see. It's worth noting that the regular patches and updates of features (recently a new one each Thursday) have been referred to as 'Community Updates' by DTG, which is exactly what they are, in that DTG want your feedback and are actually asking you to contribute to the way things go. So don't 'consider buying it', just buy it and get on board, because this is your chance to have your say, and you've got to be in it to win it.

At an entry price of 20 quid, it's hardly a tough decision as to whether it is worth taking a punt on the possibilities that involvement offers you, after all, for your twenty quid, even at this early stage you get several Carenado aeroplanes in an ESP-based 64 bit sim which has updated ATC, a flight planner, worldwide scenery, an updated database, a lot of fun missions and lessons, including a comprehensive and challenging PPL course, plus the first three of many forthcoming new and very impressive features, these being a mission designer, interactive checklists and this new weather generation system. So you can still have a lot of fun with it.

• Upvote 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If Dovetail manage to implement decent ground lighting (and generally) together with better textures, there is no reason why FSW can't look like this:

Let's not forget that, so far, for $20 FSW gives you ORBX, great GA modeled planes, truesky, and A2A feel. Not bad, I'd say this far. Yes, it's still quircky, but very fun to fly and discover. Keep it up DTG.

The naysayers forget that all airline pilots had to start in the humble c150 at the local farm airport.

tony

Looks great so far. Two points probably already noted. Cloud resolution is pretty poor out on the horizon( almost blocky in places), granted at 4k on a 50" screen it is going to look worse but it needs work in the future as 4k is only going to become more common place. Its not exactly rare these days. Also the rate of change of clouds is too high. The clouds are boiling away like a time lapse. Love the living aspect of it but it needs tweaking.

This is going to great places.

Chris

It´s just the first implementation. Feed them with your toughts, I´m sure they will take in account. I´m sending them all the reports I can.

• Upvote 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

The volume of the clouds looks good; a nice improvement, the clouds look a bit like those REX soft clouds, which are also very nice.
With REX soft clouds however, they act as low level clouds, you still get the more sharper clouds with big outlines. REX soft clouds don't replace everything.

Is it me or do the clouds by TrueSky look a little unclear? like clouds with less sharpness? as if only a bit of auto focus was missing? They lack a bit of that contour.

Here is an example:

700x394.png 

Picture source: Simul product page

MARKETING_IMAGES_SP1_8.png 

Picture source: Active Sky Cloud Art product page

What do you guys think?

Joachim (Joe)

Yes the trueSky clouds are out of focus and the animation speed is maybe twice as fast as we'd all like, but the size, scale and color/colour of them are excellent. I suspect that if they were at their highest possible resolution to start with, it would bring most users' fps down to single figures. For me, they are fine as they are for now, until the lighting effects are re-adjusted and cloud shadows are introduced, maybe then start tweaking the weather settings and finally the clouds themselves.

Well if they can tweak them up to this,

then add real time weather engine updates as they said it will be great.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

That's a nice promo video ^ thanks for sharing.

9 hours ago, A32xx said:

I suspect that if they were at their highest possible resolution to start with, it would bring most users' fps down to single figures.

Okay, but this system is suppose to be more easy going on the graphics by its nature, but will see how it will develop. It is still in the early stages.

Joachim (Joe)

Love TrueSky. Needs work on the animation though -  the 'roiling' look is on steroids!:biggrin:

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On 7/28/2017 at 4:48 PM, Joachim said:

The volume of the clouds looks good; a nice improvement, the clouds look a bit like those REX soft clouds, which are also very nice.
With REX soft clouds however, they act as low level clouds, you still get the more sharper clouds with big outlines. REX soft clouds don't replace everything.

Is it me or do the clouds by TrueSky look a little unclear? like clouds with less sharpness? as if only a bit of auto focus was missing? They lack a bit of that contour.

Here is an example:

700x394.png 

Picture source: Simul product page

MARKETING_IMAGES_SP1_8.png 

Picture source: Active Sky Cloud Art product page

What do you guys think?

Despite the lack of focus, the Truesky shot looks much more realistic, including the lighting. When I watched the promo video earlier this week where they shoot up above a cloud deck, that was the first time in any simulator that I've said "ok, that's what clouds look like out the window of my plane in real life."

I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's how the clouds with Truesky fit together as a congruent picture much better than anything we've seen in P3D.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Despite the lack of focus, the Truesky shot looks much more realistic, including the lighting.

Agree, if you ask a random person who doesn't know anything about flight sims, what does he thinks of the clouds in the two pictures above, he will say the first one is a real life photo, the second one a painting.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's how the clouds with Truesky fit together as a congruent picture much better than anything we've seen in P3D.

I think it's (at least partly) the way the sun interacts with the clouds. Best colouration I've seen outside Witcher 3!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I wouldn´t ever compare REX to TrueSky. TrueSky just looks like how clouds are suposed to be. They have to tune/tweak a little indeed, like the speed of the clouds, they´re moving too fast. 
But no way Rex Looks better than TrueSky, the only advantage P3D/FSX have for now in terms of the weather is dynamic/real weather. As soon as DTG implements it on the sim, FSW will have the best weather in all the FSims(Unless Laminar has some plans in the short term).

• Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

What sort of performance impact does TrueSky have, compared to the previous version?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit