hawkhero

UK2000 Heathrow or Aerosoft's?

Recommended Posts

Running P3dv4. Anyone using UK2000 Heathrow now its version 4 compatible? Is it worth it or should I wait for Aerosoft's update on theirs?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I prefer UK2000 as it is easy on frames as opposed to Aerosoft's offering.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll echo UK2000. It may not look as good as Flytampa or others these days, but for Heathrow it performs very well for me and gets the job done visually.

Share this post


Link to post

Aerosoft's will take your cpu, put it up it's T-shirt, and run home, hogging it to itself..

Uk2000's like to stay in the park and play with the rest.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't even touch Aerosoft airports anymore, IMO they suck. I had Heathrow when I ran FSX, it was a joke! I uninstalled it and purchased UK2000 Gatwick instead. It's wonderful! In fact, like the rest of the guys say here, all Gary's airports are great. Look very good and are very performance friendly. The other thing, sorry don't mean to knock Aerosoft, but I will, is the lack of support and updates for their airports, effectively they don't update their airports, if they do, then I've  never seem more than one or two. Best airports IMO are UK2000, Fly Tampa and of course Orbx, which are in a league of their own.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Here I use MAP Heathrow Ext in V4 and it looks good.

I also use GenX UK photoscenery + OpenVFR AG + London VFR objects

Will make a short vid ( take off Heathrow , London , landing Heathrow ) and post it so you can judge how the AS version shows up...

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, GSalden said:

Here I use MAP Heathrow Ext in V4 and it looks good.

I also use GenX UK photoscenery + OpenVFT AG + London VFR objects

Will make a short vid ( take off Heathrow , London , landing Heathrow ) and post it so you can judge how the AS version shows up...

I would like to see that. Thanks for doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I don't even touch Aerosoft airports anymore, IMO they suck. I had Heathrow when I ran FSX, it was a joke! I uninstalled it and purchased UK2000 Gatwick instead. It's wonderful! In fact, like the rest of the guys say here, all Gary's airports are great. Look very good and are very performance friendly. The other thing, sorry don't mean to knock Aerosoft, but I will, is the lack of support and updates for their airports, effectively they don't update their airports, if they do, then I've  never seem more than one or two. Best airports IMO are UK2000, Fly Tampa and of course Orbx, which are in a league of their own.

apart from EGKK which desperately needs an update.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tooting said:

apart from EGKK which desperately needs an update.  

AFAIK the update is coming in September. 

I already own Aerosoft Heathrow and am waiting for a P3Dv4 update. Aerosoft is just sooooooo slow with updates. Frankfurt is also taking ages. In the future, I will try to stay away from their products as the support is really a PITA. 

Share this post


Link to post

Stupid me I have recorded in HD 60 fps ; 2.3 Gb video. YouTube stops at 53%...

I have to find an IPhone app to convert the vid to 30 fps now..

Share this post


Link to post

I own Aerosoft Heathrow but I'm getting impatient so am tempted to buy this one at least to hold me over until the AS version is released and who knows, maybe it will become my permanent Heathrow.  Hmmmm

Share this post


Link to post

I had AS EGLL a while back on P3Dv3 and was never happy with it with constant VAS and FPS issues. I actually just purchased UK2000 Heathrow yesterday for V4 and really like it! Flew the PMDG 747 from KJFK...heavy rain, low clouds/visibility on approach and FPS in the 30's....I'd recommend UK2000!

Share this post


Link to post

Here a short vid. I did not prepar the cockpit like it should. Just a quick vid. Not everything is official conpatible with P3Dv4 ..

You will see : AS Heathrow Extended , GenX photoscenery , OpenVFR UK AG , London VFR and Life Traffic ( Nico )

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Here a short vid. I did not prepar the cockpit like it should. Just a quick vid. Not everything is official conpatible with P3Dv4 ..

You will see : AS Heathrow Extended , GenX photoscenery , OpenVFR UK AG , London VFR and Life Traffic ( Nico )

 

Nice Gerard. Great setup!

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Nice Gerard. Great setup!

Thanks :gaul:

It took several years to get there ...

Share this post


Link to post

Hey cool Cockpit :cool:

I use the Aerosoft scenery in FSX. It's hard on memory. At least at my system not every flight would work out without an OOM. Especially in the PMDG 777. PMDG 737 is not that bad; but on limit.

The buildings are good made. However what is really annoying are the apron textures - they used just a photo instead of creating a reasonable apron. That quite disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Hey cool Cockpit :cool:

I use the Aerosoft scenery in FSX. It's hard on memory. At least at my system not every flight would work out without an OOM. Especially in the PMDG 777. PMDG 737 is not that bad; but on limit.

The buildings are good made. However what is really annoying are the apron textures - they used just a photo instead of creating a reasonable apron. That quite disappointing.

Probably because of the framrate they have choosen to use some photo's.

I don't know if the V4 version will be better. Most developers add Dyn Lighting + V4 installer and that's it...

Share this post


Link to post

But framerates aren't that good despite photo ground textures.

At least OOM problems will vanish in v4.

Share this post


Link to post

That's the first time I've seen a formation takeoff with an overtake manoeuvre :D Great setup though!.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

But framerates aren't that good despite photo ground textures.

At least OOM problems will vanish in v4.

Lowest that I had was 22 with all those parked and moving aircraft , so acceptable for me...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

apart from EGKK which desperately needs an update

There has been a slight delay with the new version of UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme (due to Gary updating all of his other airports so that they will install and run in P3D v4), but the release date is now scheduled for early September. After that, it will be Guernsey Xtreme.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now