Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

Aerosoft will now charge you for 'true' P3Dv4 updates....

What pi@/&? me off is that Aerosoft sceneries do not work in P3Dv4 because they kept using the same old FS9 ground poly techniques in almost all their newer sceneries. So basically, one has to pay the upgrade fees just because Aerosoft uses ancient technology in P3D compatible products. With other developers like Taxi2Gate and Justsim you have the option to upgrade if you want to have dynamic lighting and other features, but the sceneries work just fine without the paid upgrade. 

• Upvote 5

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

11 hours ago, carlito777 said:

What pi@/&? me off is that Aerosoft sceneries do not work in P3Dv4 because they kept using the same old FS9 ground poly techniques in almost all their newer sceneries. So basically, one has to pay the upgrade fees just because Aerosoft uses ancient technology in P3D compatible products. With other developers like Taxi2Gate and Justsim you have the option to upgrade if you want to have dynamic lighting and other features, but the sceneries work just fine without the paid upgrade. 

That exactly is the main problem. If EDDF wuld be native P3Dv3, what it should be, then we could use it right now, just without the dynamic lights.

And since when is Friedrichshafen or Stuttgart a Mega Airport? I must have missed that.

And all the time I read "with new features unique to P3Dv4" but nobody wants to say what kind of features they are talking about. Dynamic Lighting is nice, but hardly worth 6 Euro per Airport. It is not that much work. What are the other features? I am really interested because maybe I am missing something.

And it is not that it is only these 6 Euros now for an upgrade. These 6 Euros are here to stay and will be added to the FSX-Price in the future. Aerosoft wants to charge the same money like FlyTampa and only delivers ok / mediocre airports.

• Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I tell you a secret: you don't have to buy it.

You bought the v3 compatible version. Migrating to v4 means work to do. And this work should be payed. Or do you guys work for free? No? I thought so ;-)

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, swiesma said:

I tell you a secret: you don't have to buy it.

You bought the v3 compatible version. Migrating to v4 means work to do. And this work should be payed. Or do you guys work for free? No? I thought so ;-)

You don't get it. If they would have really sold me a P3D v3 version for EDDF (what I paid for) it would also work in P3Dv4. So no update and no work would be needed. But obviously they sold me a version full of old hacks, which was kind of working in P3Dv3 but now not anymore. Do you call that a true P3D v3 version?

When we are talking about older airports, which were originally developed for FSX, I am kind of with you. But not for an airport I bought in 2016 for P3Dv3.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

When we are talking about older airports, which were originally developed for FSX, I am kind of with you. But not for an airport I bought in 2016 for P3Dv3.

+1 And here is me thinking golf was more expensive. Have to agree, eg Frankfurt was released not that long ago.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

33 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

You don't get it. If they would have really sold me a P3D v3 version for EDDF (what I paid for) it would also work in P3Dv4. So no update and no work would be needed. But obviously they sold me a version full of old hacks, which was kind of working in P3Dv3 but now not anymore. Do you call that a true P3D v3 version?

Valid point, thats why ppl over in the AS forums demand a "lite" update at no extra cost which would simply ensure that you can fly in and out of the airports, without all the fancy v4 eyecandy.

What they are doing now is actually charging customers for their own laziness (by using ancient modeling techniques for a new, reworked aiport). 

• Upvote 1

Btw, Mathijs just confirmed that the GAP Dev team doesnt feel that SODE is worth to be considered for their 'professional' series...

Reason is that Jeffrey (SODE Dev) istn a full time developer, so they fear that he might not be able to continue further development of his baby at some point. Glad they kept their inhouse projects like AES or Airport Controller going....oh wait

Well, who needs dual jetways on small airports like EDDF anyways....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, officercrockey said:

Well said. +1

Ahmet Can

13 hours ago, carlito777 said:

(...) Aerosoft sceneries do not work in P3Dv4 because they kept using the same old FS9 ground poly techniques in almost all their newer sceneries. (...)

Exactly. And most are sold as P3D compatible, when they're not or else (beating a dead horse here) they'd just work in V4.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Btw, Mathijs just confirmed that the GAP Dev team doesnt feel that SODE is worth to be considered for their 'professional' series...

Reason is that Jeffrey (SODE Dev) istn a full time developer, so they fear that he might not be able to continue further development of his baby at some point. Glad they kept their inhouse projects like AES or Airport Controller going....oh wait

Well, who needs dual jetways on small airports like EDDF anyways....

I really had to laugh out loud when I read his statement. In one sentence he says, that they can't use SODE because Jeffrey is not a professional developer and in the next sentence he says, that they could not continue with APC because the "professional" developer is not available anymore :D

Anyway, haven't heard anything good about that APC. Those support topics were a mile long...

1 minute ago, officercrockey said:

Anyway, haven't heard anything good about that APC. Those support topics were a mile long...

Yes, APC was awful, yet he claims that support requests for Madeira dropped by 75% once they stopped supporting SODE  ;)

2 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Yes, APC was awful, yet he claims that support requests for Madeira dropped by 75% once they stopped supporting SODE  ;)

I haven't bought Madeira, but I bet, that 75% of the support requests were terrain and elevation related... They are really not ashamed to lie straight to our face.

• Upvote 1

Not bad, Aero$chrott:

first let your customers believe they get their v4 updates for free (but of course you never said that clearly; just talk in a way they think that). Then move the release dates farther and farther back so the sheeps (read: customers) get nervous and impatient. And then, just short before the release rub their noses in the dirt and say they have to pay now for their updates.

Too bad you at A$ are making to many dollars with your farming and omnibus simulator cr@p, you would have died long time ago for. Buybuy and die well ...

• Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

20 hours ago, Woozie said:

On the other hand though, Flightbeam will soon relase a completely reworked KSFO HD with P3Dv4 features free of charge...

but it's a well purchased masterpiece with many sales to date ,,,, & I'm sure there will be many more "new" sales of the rework.

then i can't think of any aerosoft .masterpieces off hand !!

for now, cheers

john martin