Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

Aerosoft will now charge you for 'true' P3Dv4 updates....

3 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

I think I'll ask here since Aerosoft has been in a grumpy banning mood lately...

... they just issued new jackboots and lugers.

But seriously, they need a new broom over there, not to stifle and eradicate all dissent, but to improve their products.

• Upvote 2

In my view they've made the fundamental error of making decisions in a vacuum, apparently blissfully unaware of customer needs and what's generally been happening in the market as regards upgrade fees. As I said earlier in the thread it's a question of not liking their approach rather than paying small update charges.

On 8/16/2017 at 9:48 AM, Woozie said:

Looks like Aerosoft is backpedaling and decided to rebrand their large Airport sceneries with a 'Professional' tag (that made me giggle) once those get a P3Dv4 treatment (introducing V4 SDK features like dynamic lighting). 

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F126204-mega-airports-for-prepar3d-v4%2F

I dont mind to pay 5 EUR for a significant update, but its not exactly what they promised....

A well known developer charged  over a $100.00 for a P3D installer a few months ago. Let me guess.... you have those products.. Did you went on Avsim and complain the way you are doing with Aerosoft? And, did you still went ahead and paid over $100.00 for those P3D installers?  Hmm, and you are complaining about 5 Eurs ?  Oh boy. 

My friend, Aerosoft handles and develops a large amount of products for us... Do you honestly think they will work for free in making all these products compatible for P3D-64 Bit? No way. 

• Upvote 3

So how is the new Frankfurt v2 Professional, quality and performance-wise really?

Stellar framerates. More than worth the upgrade fee.

3 hours ago, joemiller said:

A well known developer charged  over a $100.00 for a P3D installer a few months ago. Let me guess.... you have those products.. Did you went on Avsim and complain the way you are doing with Aerosoft? And, did you still went ahead and paid over $100.00 for those P3D installers?  Hmm, and you are complaining about 5 Eurs ?  Oh boy. 

My friend, Aerosoft handles and develops a large amount of products for us... Do you honestly think they will work for free in making all these products compatible for P3D-64 Bit? No way. 

and you should work on your reading comprehension "my friend", this was meant to be a informational post rather than a complaint

33 minutes ago, darem said:

agreed, preformance is great. Native v4 SDK conversion does wonders in this regard

5$ well spent here

I have been well on record here slamming companies who gouge on upgrade prices.  This isn't one of those cases.  There is value added to cover the small fee.  Feel free to spout whatever you want, but whining about this seriously impinges on any legitimate argument against companies who charge 100-140% more for 5% of new code.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

agreed, preformance is great. Native v4 SDK conversion does wonders in this regard

5$ well spent here

For me it is a FPS desaster with DL on. Even during daytime. Without DL (disabled in P3D) performance is indeed good

Carsten U

I agree & disagree on Aerosoft...

1. I don't like the additional cost on their product but PMDG did this years ago (their upgrade to P3d is rather expensive).
  2. They are still less expensive compared to their competitors.
  3. They provide good and timely customer support unlike FSDT which is extremely slow and unresponsive and never fixed my problem (I figured out the problem myself) .
  4. Aerosoft's biggest problem have been slow releases like the CRJ-700/900 which lasted over 7 years in a development cycle which is ages for a software company.
  5. They still have "so" many airports like the German "Mega Airport" series to upgrade to P3d v4 standards, hopefully before the next Lockheed/Martin release.

2 hours ago, darem said:

Stop bringing facts into the Aerosoft crying thread!!!!!1111

35 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

For me it is a FPS desaster with DL on. Even during daytime. Without DL (disabled in P3D) performance is indeed good

I suggest you switch from SSAA to MSAA. SSAA with dynamic lights kills even a 1080 at the moment.

Just now, RTK1972 said:

i am already at 4xMSAA.....

Then I am at a loss. For me, it made the difference between 5 fps and 40 fps.

6 hours ago, joemiller said:

and there will be an even bigger cry when LM brings out P3D V5 which can break backward compatibility with V4. And those sceneries will no longer work... :blink:

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR