Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 coming October 23 for P3D v4

4 hours ago, NickJZX said:

Flew this for a couple circuits around EGLL and all I can say is wow.

I must agree, was testing out some resolved sounds issues in the 64bit Q400 and selected EGLL with DL since I know that's a FPS "hot spot" for just about anything that visits the EU triangle.  Performance is excellent:

And Kudos to Aerosoft for bringing an FPS friendly version of EGLL with Dynamic Lights.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

On your bike mate!!! :( I downloaded from JF when posted above. I logged in to my account and got the voucher for the 64 bit version. Fake news, yeah right.

At that time when he posted (8 hours ago), it was definitely not out. But right now it is.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

14 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

At that time when he posted (8 hours ago), it was definitely not out. But right now it is.

For pity sake, one more time...When I posted it was out. 9 Hours ago I repeat, I logged in, and I was able to purchase via discount voucher. How hard is it to understand.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

36 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

For pity sake, one more time...When I posted it was out. 9 Hours ago I repeat, I logged in, and I was able to purchase via discount voucher. How hard is it to understand.

Might be a server update problems then for different locations. As a lot seem to not have been able to get it that early from justflight. Anyway its out now so all is good.

On another note, Has anyone tried if the Immersive Audio Soundpack works in the 64bit version?

I can only get the voucher code on my justflight acct but there doesnt seem to be a download or purchase page for the Q for V4 yet. Perhaps it was up for a time and taken down.   (09:12Z)

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 minute ago, HighTowers said:

I can only get the voucher code on my justflight acct but there doesnt seem to be a download or purchase page for the Q for V4 yet. Perhaps it was up for a time and taken down.   (09:12Z)

Even if you use search? I found it under latest releases tab.

2 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Even if you use search? I found it under latest releases tab.

ah cool. I did a search at top and it only came up with the V3 stuff. Indeed your right. its under latest releases.  Perhaps its not search indexed yet or whatever. 

Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I just got mine but: I AM IN THE OFFICE FOR THE NEXT6 hours.

Is it illegal to ask for somebody to give me the manual/tutorial or something to live until tonight :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

7 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

ah cool. I did a search at top and it only came up with the V3 stuff. Indeed your right. its under latest releases.  Perhaps its not search indexed yet or whatever. 

Thanks

Maybe that's why some think I post fake news lol

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I must agree, was testing out some resolved sounds issues in the 64bit Q400 and selected EGLL with DL since I know that's a FPS "hot spot" for just about anything that visits the EU triangle.  Performance is excellent:

And Kudos to Aerosoft for bringing an FPS friendly version of EGLL with Dynamic Lights.

Cheers, Rob.

I would sooner thank Simwings myself :biggrin:

You PC is amazing Rob, good for you Rob. :happy:

I bought he Q400 on release then the Pro on release but I just for the life of me cannot fall in love with it. I hate that. Its right up there, but simply after trying a few times in the past don't enjoy it. :mellow:

Its a great shame as its will be wonderful in 4.1, but I think I will pass on the upgrade sadly. 

Or less someone can change my mind?

Feel the same about the PMDG 747 :mellow: Installed it yesterday did one flight and thought DOH! in the hanger it went. :mellow:

There is a good reason I only list 3 aircraft in my sig :cool:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The performance of this aircraft is amazing. I get a maximum of 40 fps in the FSlabs a320 in best case scenario, usually 30fps below. But on this q400 I get minimum 60 fps. usually 70-80. Amazing. I understand it still doesn't have Dynamic Lights implemented though.

21 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

The performance of this aircraft is amazing. I get a maximum of 40 fps in the FSlabs a320 in best case scenario, usually 30fps below. But on this q400 I get minimum 60 fps. usually 70-80. Amazing. I understand it still doesn't have Dynamic Lights implemented though.

Pretty sure this is dependent on the amount and complexity of the simulated systems of the aircraft. AFAIK the Q400 is there not so demanding like the FSL bus or PMDG NGX.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

He's in the UK and Just Flight are in the UK - that could be a factor.   I went to JF when he posted and was able to find it and download it (it was via a link to the news page). Just installed it this morning.  No problems.

Think we should give @Travelling_Wilbury a break here!

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

55 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Or less someone can change my mind?

Probably i will not chage your mind, but i will tell you that i hated it also. I felt an "anxiety" on the flights. It must be because of the different systems and FMC that i was used to in the 737. I am feeling like my mind slows down when things are demanding with the Q400. The same i felt in the ATR back in FS2004 days.

BUT, as soon as i started using it regularly i had time to hand fly it and learn from her. She is different in landing in taking off e.t.c from what i was used. Also she can go to challenging airports where my 737 cant....

And last but not least, shared cockpit. I like to get into that also...

That's the reasons that i upgraded.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

2 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

On another note, Has anyone tried if the Immersive Audio Soundpack works in the 64bit version?

I’m wondering the same, it’s a must have soundpack IMHO.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU