Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 coming October 23 for P3D v4

1 hour ago, SimonC said:

That doesn't explain why we pay more?

And in Canadian money... Huge 40 $ from Justflight. Something goes wrong there. I expected a max $ 30 can for the pro upgrade. Huge tax maybe.

Michel

I can't understand why the Majestic Q400 at Just Flight does not cost 19.99 euros?

At Just Flight - Current owners of the PRO edition can buy the new 64-bit P3D v4 PRO edition for £19.99 / €24.95 / $29.99 (including VAT).

Link:https://www.justflight.com/articles/majestic-software-dash-8-q400-new-p3d-v4-editions

Why is different from Majestic announcement?

At Majestic Forum - So the question everyone's been curious about: Will there be a cost for the transition to Prepar3D v4?   - Yes, there will be.  Current owners of the PILOT & PRO editions for  FSX/FSX:SE/Prepar3D v3 Q400 PILOT and PRO will be discounted significantly for the Prepar3D v4 transition. The discounts will be provided by the stores where the original purchases were made, or by Just Flight Ltd for the Boxed editions.  

Discount Pricing:  APPLICABLE ONLY TO OWNERS OF THE Q400 PILOT & PRO x32 bit Editions.
PILOT - 14.95 Euros
PRO - 19.95 Euros

:bengong:

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction on which version to buy. I have used the pilot one in the past before the Pro version was even out.

Looking at the differences on Majestics website the only thing that makes me want to get the Pro version would be the 4x smoother controls. The other shared cockpit/failures don't really interest me. So basically is the 4x smoother controls really that noticeable or is just a marketing ploy.

Thanks

39 minutes ago, JLuis said:

I can't understand why the Majestic Q400 at Just Flight does not cost 19.99 euros?

At Just Flight - Current owners of the PRO edition can buy the new 64-bit P3D v4 PRO edition for £19.99 / €24.95 / $29.99 (including VAT).

Link:https://www.justflight.com/articles/majestic-software-dash-8-q400-new-p3d-v4-editions

Why is different from Majestic announcement?

At Majestic Forum - So the question everyone's been curious about: Will there be a cost for the transition to Prepar3D v4?   - Yes, there will be.  Current owners of the PILOT & PRO editions for  FSX/FSX:SE/Prepar3D v3 Q400 PILOT and PRO will be discounted significantly for the Prepar3D v4 transition. The discounts will be provided by the stores where the original purchases were made, or by Just Flight Ltd for the Boxed editions.  

Discount Pricing:  APPLICABLE ONLY TO OWNERS OF THE Q400 PILOT & PRO x32 bit Editions.
PILOT - 14.95 Euros
PRO - 19.95 Euros

:bengong:

JustFlight pricing includes VAT,  majestic didnt include VAT in their calculation.  if you live in a non-VAT collecting country, it should be the same

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

You PC is amazing Rob, good for you Rob.

I put both EGLL settings and my settings in the video at the end, not just good for me, should be good for many or any.

3 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Pretty sure this is dependent on the amount and complexity of the simulated systems of the aircraft. AFAIK the Q400 is there not so demanding

The MJC Q400 has complexity, even has a HUD, CATIII T/O and Landing system, failures, shared cockpit, and a wonderful training videos from Airline2Sim that covers the depth of the MJC Q400 in detail  ... what exactly is "less" complex about the MJC Q400?  Don't confuse excellent performance will less complexity.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, johnlgjm said:

+3 for fspilotshop.  Nothing I could find yet.

+4 For fspilotshop... As much as I dislike simmarket I might have to stick with them in the future.

1 hour ago, LevMike said:

And in Canadian money... Huge 40 $ from Justflight. Something goes wrong there. I expected a max $ 30 can for the pro upgrade. Huge tax maybe.

Michel

Strange, I’m not sure mine was that expensive from Flightsimstore. I’ll check though. It’s a shame the CAD is so bad, we always pay quite a bit more.

21 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I put both EGLL settings and my settings in the video at the end, not just good for me, should be good for many or any.

The MJC Q400 has complexity, even has a HUD, CATIII T/O and Landing system, failures, shared cockpit, and a wonderful training videos from Airline2Sim that covers the depth of the MJC Q400 in detail  ... what exactly is "less" complex about the MJC Q400?  Don't confuse excellent performance will less complexity.

Cheers, Rob.

Which Cpu is that with Rob? I may have missed it in the video, checked description too. 

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

It's absolutely amazing!   Just completed two stunning Wideroe flights in Norway.

People with modest GPUs (like me) will probably find this amazing addon will make you finally start to see the benefits and beauty of P3Dv4!   I've got HDR on, all setting moved up quite a lot, and still got 40-50FPS sitting at Aerosoft Oslo V2.  It's a revelation!    I can't get these settings with pretty much any other aircraft in P3Dv4.1 (at least nothing even semi-complex).

Performance is crazily good! At least at my end anyway.

Did find what seems to be one bug - on one flight, the FMC's Data (options) page was showing "Ground use only" next to the NWS Pins - and would not let me remove them.    This despite me being on the ground, and in a state that normally lets me remove them.   Unsurprisingly, this resulted in a Gear Up failure after take-off and I had to continue the flight with the gear down.

On my other flight the issue wasn't there and I was able to remove the gear pins.   It is as though the aircraft thought I was not on the ground, in the problem flight.

Other than that, it's flawless.   Immersive Audio sound pack works fine my end too.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Michel

I'm wondering the same thing, it is the same price for all the other shops,except Just Flight! 

Michel

Cost me $30 cdn at simflight.com

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Litmoose said:

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction on which version to buy. I have used the pilot one in the past before the Pro version was even out.

Looking at the differences on Majestics website the only thing that makes me want to get the Pro version would be the 4x smoother controls. The other shared cockpit/failures don't really interest me. So basically is the 4x smoother controls really that noticeable or is just a marketing ploy.

Thanks

The PRO version has the HUD too, which is a very impressive depiction.

For me, the 4x smoother controls do make a difference.   It is fiddly to set up though (it's not on by default, as it depends on your controller IDs.  You need to determine your controller IDs, then set it up manually in the Q400s INI file.  It's fiddly but a one-off thing, and worth it.   There are YouTube videos on setting it up.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Regarding their list of updates for V4, can someone help explain what they mean by this? 

Free steering simulation is added (using brakes / steering OFF mode)

17 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Regarding their list of updates for V4, can someone help explain what they mean by this? 

Free steering simulation is added (using brakes / steering OFF mode)

Using just the brakes to steer instead of the nose wheel, I'm pretty sure. Pressing the left brake will turn you left, right will turn you right. 

23 minutes ago, JYW said:

the FMC's Data (options) page was showing "Ground use only" next to the NWS Pins - and would not let me remove them.

Did you open main exit before getting the pins?

18 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

can someone help explain what they mean by this?

Turn nose wheel steering off (switch in lower left CO panel) and use differential braking to turn the aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, johnlgjm said:

+3 for fspilotshop.  Nothing I could find yet.

+4 (or 5) for FSPilotShop... can't find anything in there... :blink:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471