SierraDelta

PTA for v4.1 available

Recommended Posts

Just checked my account at Simtweaks and version 2.60 was available for download. No official word from Matt yet, so proceed with caution. Officially released now!

Release Notes from the Simtweaks website: https://www.simtweaks.com/release

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is this app really of any use and good value?

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Is this app really of any use and good value?

Without any doubt.  It's a visual enhancement, but a really pleasing one.

Share this post


Link to post

I run P3Dv4 right outo f the box without tweaks and all is well, in fact I hear tweaking is not necessary now nor advantageous...just a placebo.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I run P3Dv4 right outo f the box without tweaks and all is well, in fact I hear tweaking is not necessary now nor advantageous...just a placebo.

PTA isn't tweaking as in terms of performance, it's a visual tweak/ enhancement of the shaders - incredibly useful and improves p3d's look so much!

I too have no P3D tweaks in the CFG file at all etc. This is something totally different to tweaking in the normal sense that we used to do with FSX etc.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Chris,

If your main goal is flying your planes in P3D without caring about how good the outside environment look then you can keep flying with default P3D look. But if you like flying in a really beautiful, real life looking environment (sky, vegetation, clouds and their shadows...etc) then PTA is a must have.

Cheers

Fouad

 

Share this post


Link to post

It's not available at simmarket. This is why is sometimes better to buy directly from the dev.

Update: Followed the instructions and I now have the latest version. THANKS!

Share this post


Link to post

PTA itself will not do anything. Whether your visual flight experience is enhanced depends on the profile you use with PTA. It is not that easy to create or find a profile that reflects your needs. Personally, I would look out for one that resembles real world.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's not available at simmarket. This is why is sometimes better to buy directly from the dev.

Check this post from Matt: 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just downloaded and installed new version PTA 2.6

used preset from version 2.5,  looks great again👍

Share this post


Link to post

I am really looking forward to getting this. I have had PTA since it came out and it makes the visuals look excellent. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cargostorm said:

It is not that easy to create or find a profile that reflects your needs. Personally, I would look out for one that resembles real world.

 

2 hours ago, nizar_AF said:

But if you like flying in a really beautiful, real life looking environment (sky, vegetation, clouds and their shadows...etc) then PTA is a must have.

 

Any tips fpr a good profile? See my topic here:

 

Share this post


Link to post

now fslabs a320 for 4.1 and I'm all set for the winter season ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now