Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

FlyInside for P3D 64bit released

On 10/23/2017 at 1:29 AM, guit32 said:

I fly with the 737 ngx and i have a lot of stutter with native p3d. Maybe there is not things like ASW in the native vr. 

I have a i5 4670k and a GTX 1080.  

I've been looking to go down the Pimax 4k path since my Vive just doesn't have the resolution to make VR fun for me. I primarily spend my time in the PMDG 737 and 777 so I need to be able to read the cockpit displays, my memory of where everything is isn't as great as it was when I was younger :P

The Native VR I tried last night in P3D 4.1 was great in that I could use chase plane and all the rest, but I had low FPS (22-25fps in the NGX). I then jumped into the demo of Flight Inside for P3D and while that was a little better (I think it was 30/90) it didn't seem as clear again which was a shame.

I don't think anyone will disagree that I have a capable machine but I hope that their is either a silver bullet here for better performance or P3D really refine the VR feature/tech in subsequent releases...

Cheers, Sean

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Did an hour long joy ride with the PMDG 737 last night from Stuttgart to Geneva and using native VR and I struggled to fault it.  FPS was about 25-27 most of the time in flight and I've locked to 30 using ORBX Global, Vector and Europe LC.  Did get some stutter on the ground in default Geneva airport but otherwise I considered the flight smooth and playable.

Actually forgot I had FI and when realised some way through the flight I wasn't actually using it.  What puts me off using FI is having to reconfigure the cameras.cfg to remove the chaseplane entries.

I think if LM carries on and improves the VR only a little more it is a perfectly good enough to stick with.

On ‎24‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 11:50 PM, guit32 said:

Furious bird 

Did you test with soft cloud to see if you see spinning clouds ?

Yes i did and still see Spinning clouds...

Like others mentionned i also Kept using native VR. The most useful Feature i like about the native is the ability to Switch between 2D and vr easily (vr for taxi and take off/landing and 2d  for pre-flight / in-flight and descent preparation and taxi in Major airports). It´s plenty enough for me for my type of flying (vatsim/ivao with pmdg heavies) and Performance is very good (all scenery sliders to normal which is also plenty enough for my taste, shadow draw distance high and shadow Quality low + building - Vegetation etc receiving shadows). Water is on Low...and the sim is still very good looking in Vr and 2D :). The few times i could experience Performance Problem in vr in a pmdg aircraft in loaded Environment (mostly happens in heavy weather), i just accept to Switch to mono mode instead of Stereo and Keep enjoying the ride.

JP

On 10/14/2017 at 9:59 AM, carlito777 said:

Ok. Fair enough. That is the problem with software that „hacks“ under the hood of other software. I am frustrated because I bought FlyInside for P3D and even though it was nicely done, it was almost useless for me. The VAS consumption was such that it was almost impossible to fly with an airliner from add–on airport to add–on airport. Plus it never really worked with the FSL A320. I shelved it, hoping for the update to P3Dv4, just to find out that I have to buy it again (almost). This just doesn’t feel right in my perspective. Despite all the necessary adjustments you mentioned, I have the feeling it was not 75% of the effort for the original software. Hence, asking 75% feels too much for me. But everybody has to judge that on their own. Native VR is getting better and better in P3D and I love the option to go back and forth between 2D and VR. All in all, I will not buy FlyInside for P3Dv4 because of the above mentioned reasons.

I have to agree with you. I used my P3dpro software maybe 3 or 4 times and ran out of memory so fast, no matter how low my settings were. I was looking forward to this but I also am dismayed because of the cost. As neat as it may be flyinside won't be getting me again. Best of luck.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

As far as clarity of instruments - make sure you move your seat position up forward as far as possible (lean back when you reset the position) and just to make sure everyone knows, you start the Oculus Tray Tool with a profile for Prepar3D.exe Super Sampling at 1.4 or better before you start P3D when using native VR:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully/p1

Dave W.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

I have to add that for some reason the visual clarity is noticeable reduced in Flyinside regardless of how high you adjust the resolution beyond the default in the INI file.

Native VR in P3Dv4.1 to me is actually pretty clear through the 4K Pimax, equally as good as Aerofly AS2. And with a few setting adjustments like reducing autogen I’m getting great native VR performance in P3D.

However I miss having the 2D panel pop ups you get with Flyinside, this is a great product but needs the resolution part fixed to match that of P3Dv4 Native VR.

IM

Not only resolution, but Flyinside also has texture problems, no HDR, incompatibilities with multiple add-ons, etc. Native VR is just effortless and plays well with every Add-on that I have.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Could it be that the improved visuals using native VR missing in FI is also why FI performs better...?

Richard Åsberg

7 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Could it be that the improved visuals using native VR missing in FI is also why FI performs better...?

I think the difference is the Asynchronous Timewarp the FI uses and the native VR dont.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync