Rockliffe

Barcelona in P3DV4

Has anyone installed Aerosoft's Barcelona pro in V4? If so, what is your opinion? Most particularly, the performance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes and its very good in everyway. Ive seen the other two and this one looks far better.

link below  show 100 fps in a default aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Very nice indeed. A huge step up vs the old one.

Thanks Michael Moe

It is very nice at day time, but at night with DL on it looks too bright and oversaturated.
Compared to Heathrow, Frankfurt and Zurich, something seems to be wrong with the lighting in Barcelona.

17 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes and its very good in everyway. Ive seen the other two and this one looks far better.

link below  show 100 fps in a default aircraft.

Yeah both, Justsim's and LatinVFR's LEBL were quite disappointing. 

100 fps in default aircraft sounds quite promising given that they modelled the whole city as well. Is this with or without AI Traffic? 

I replaced my Justsim version with the one from Aerosoft and could not be happier. Performance is comparable (day), the AFCAD is far better, the scenery looks more detailled and closer to the real deal, the whole city plus landmarks and port inclusive ships is included and this all together makes it a wonderful airport to fly in and out.

Don't see on aerosoft store a discount for upgrading...

16 minutes ago, ms2 said:

I usually dont buy from Aerosoft directly, but you have to put your serial into the coupon field to get the discount, if i recall correctly

Sounds like a good deal. Thanks fellas. I'll get this later today :biggrin:

19 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Yes Marc, it's not obvious, but it's a tab marked UPGRADE SERVICE.

Mega Airport Barcelona X (Download or Box) = > Mega Airport Barcelona professional (Download): 
22,74 € incl. 19% VAT (19,11 € ex VAT | Price incl. VAT may deviate depending on your local VAT within the EU). Please enter your old serial key of "Mega Airport Barcelona X" in the voucher field at the checkout.

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

Yeah both, Justsim's and LatinVFR's LEBL were quite disappointing. 

100 fps in default aircraft sounds quite promising given that they modelled the whole city as well. Is this with or without AI Traffic? 

Without

I haven't seen any comparison with LatinVFR's version yet. I have LatinVFR's version and I'm happy with it. I believe they have done a very good job. I'd be curious for a comparison. 

16 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I haven't seen any comparison with LatinVFR's version yet. I have LatinVFR's version and I'm happy with it. I believe they have done a very good job. I'd be curious for a comparison. 

I guess that's the problem. It's unlikely, I guess, that anyone has both versions :biggrin: The issue I have, is that I have very little time for Aerosoft as a developer, and especially in the areas of sceneries. Here's a perfect example, where the night lighting is totally screwed. How the hell can any developer release a product with such a massive flaw? It's unacceptable.They have released some real 'dogs' in the past, many which I have bought and uninstalled, because the performance has been so abysmal. I do own the original LEBL, so I will be able to get a discounted price.

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

I usually dont buy from Aerosoft directly, but you have to put your serial into the coupon field to get the discount, if i recall correctly

Thanks for that as I have their older FSX version on disk.

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I have, is that I have very little time for Aerosoft as a developer, 

I Totally agree and there crazy naming now borders on misleading. "Professional"  Simply means it's for P3D v4 but implies so much more.

But remember Aerosoft mainly are just a publisher. So I always look who has made them. 

IMO Simwings are fine. EGLL is great and so is LEBL. So as they will be the first ones to get any upgrade/patchers I buy from them.

I find it ridiculous that someone who is not well informed could look in 2 months time when there A320 is out. 

Look at a product title and see 

A320 "Professional" implying this is a "professional" level version :ohmy:

Unlike FSL version that just says A320 for P3d.

So like you I have very little time for them.

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Yes Marc, it's not obvious, but it's a tab marked UPGRADE SERVICE.

Thanks for info

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I Totally agree and there crazy naming now borders on misleading. "Professional"  Simply means it's for P3D v4 but implies so much more.

But remember Aerosoft mainly are just a publisher. So I always look who has made them. 

IMO Simwings are fine. EGLL is great and so is LEBL. So as they will be the first ones to get any upgrade/patchers I buy from them.

I find it ridiculous that someone who is not well informed could look in 2 months time when there A320 is out. 

Look at a product title and see 

A320 "Professional" implying this is a "professional" level version :ohmy:

Unlike FSL version that just says A320 for P3d.

So like you I have very little time for them.

Hi Dave, sure, yes they are indeed a publisher as you quite rightly point out. I'm just downloading LEBL as I type, so I will be interested to see what it performs like.

All good my end in and out with PMDG NG

Enjoy!

5 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

22,74 € incl. 19% VAT (19,11 € ex VAT

Little dispite by this upgrade-price after reflections... This around the price of a new addon... Seem to be a maketing test, to see the reactiion of costumers.  

For me, is hard to accept, I don't agree, out of orbx sceneries, most sceneries in mine sims are coming from AS... 

Before the main place in Spain was Barcelona... Now shall be Bilbao of orbx.

Hi everyone,

I purchased it from Flightsim store to enable me to use a coupon. But I had a CRC failed during the decompression step. I am alone ? I tried different software to decompress and window 7 and 10.

Thanks,

Michel

13 hours ago, ms2 said:

Little dispite by this upgrade-price after reflections... This around the price of a new addon... Seem to be a maketing test, to see the reactiion of costumers. 

You are aware that the novel release not only covers the airport with P3Dv4 specific features but in comparison to the old version also the whole city? Ships, the port, landmarks of the city, all new and in P3Dv4 format. The whole "airport" is 5GB in size, just to illustrate what all is included into this package. For me, the upgrade price was high, yes (compared to LSZH or EDDF), but as soon as I realized what it includes, I found it still a reasonable price... And honestly: we spend thousands of dollars for our simming hardware and then complain about 20 bucks? Well...

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

we spend thousands of dollars for our simming hardware

It's right but I spend too thousands for scenneries because preparing world tour on real airports (because I hate old basical airports)... Prefering to spend now money for a new one as Mauritius airport.

The addition of the town sure have a value for this package. But justsim Barcelona that I bough in juni is well for the town. On approach, I have less time to see the town ;-)))

10 minutes ago, ms2 said:

It's right but I spend too thousands for scenneries because preparing world tour on real airports (because I hate old basical airports)... Prefering to spend now money for a new one as Mauritius airport.

The addition of the town sure have a value for this package. But justsim Barcelona that I bough in juni is well for the town. On approach, I have less time to see the town ;-)))

fsdg make great scenery I buy them all. Reunion, Bangalore, Seychelles and Mauritius are my favorite.

1 minute ago, 777200lrf said:

fsdg make great scenery I buy them all. Reunion, Bangalore, Seychelles and Mauritius are my favorite.

Of course, are great sceneries... reason I prefered "spending" money for Mauritius so I have four airports trough Indian Ocean.