Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

REX Sky Force Very First look

I just want to point out to people about all the Active Sky and Envtex products comparing it to the Force product line. Regular price ASP4 is 50 Euros, ASCA is 23 Euros, Envtex is 21 Euros and Envshade is 5.6 Euros. That comes to 99.6 Euros, or 73 Euros (about $US88) for just the Active Sky products. Sky Force without a discount is $US44.95. It's a safe assumption from their generous discount offers that buying other Force products will make it discounted if you have Sky Force.

Here's another V-key shot since this is a first impressions thread...

gbntw5K.jpg

And it's also a safe assumption that many others buy the AS/ENVTEX products at a discount.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Asheroo said:

I just want to point out to people about all the Active Sky and Envtex products comparing it to the Force product line. Regular price ASP4 is 50 Euros, ASCA is 23 Euros, Envtex is 21 Euros and Envshade is 5.6 Euros. That comes to 99.6 Euros, or 73 Euros (about $US88) for just the Active Sky products. Sky Force without a discount is $US44.95. It's a safe assumption from their generous discount offers that buying other Force products will make it discounted if you have Sky Force.

gbntw5K.jpg

Guess we get what we pay for.

• Upvote 2

Robin

I have had P3D for only a few months so I don't have any weather engine or sky textures yet. If I buy this do I need to buy something like Evntex for the sky textures?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joseph29 said:

I have had P3D for only a few months so I don't have any weather engine or sky textures yet. If I buy this do I need to buy something like Evntex for the sky textures?

No, Sky Force has its own sky textures. Some may prefer to use Envtex or other third party sky textures, which you can use along with Sky Force.

13 minutes ago, Asheroo said:

gbntw5K.jpg

I see nothing ground breaking here.       

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Asheroo said:

No, Sky Force has its own sky textures. Some may prefer to use Envtex or other third party sky textures, which you can use along with Sky Force.

Plus SkyForce has a panel to point to PTA and either use SkyForce's or PTA shaders. Nice addition. In that way it's like Envtex in that you can use PTA shaders or Env's shaders.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Could someone post a shot of full overcast at FL300?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

10 minutes ago, pracines said:

Same here. I am going to throw my loyalty here towards HiFi, as they did post videos of their product, and gave me a better informed choice.

Rex not posting pre sale video was a bit weird in my opinoin. Not mentioning the cloud re draw was a bit naughty, and could give the impression they are guilding the lilly.

I wish them well, but I will stick ith ASP4+ASCA and Envetex.

• Upvote 5

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well... I bought Skyforce and the clouds are an improvement over ASN/ASCA. I did a nice flight with it today from Olympia, WA to Tofino/Long Beach, BC.

I wonder if anyone can confirm this but with the REX clouds I seem to have lost the in-cloud haze effect from ASN. Also to me the REX clouds are not true 3D, at least I still see the doorway effect of the sprites. Maybe it's my imagination so I'm interested to hear other opinions.

The rest of the texture offering is not really all that different than ASN/EnvTex and IMO the Skyforce weather engine "needs a tune-up", at least when compared to ASN. I wasn't that excited about the REX weather engine anyway since it only works with the REX Milviz radar gauge.

If one does not have ASN and possibly also EnvTex then Skyforce is worth the purchase. It may even be worth purchasing it at the 15% introductory discount just for the clouds.

17 minutes ago, pracines said:

good grief, what were expecting on a vanilla mostly cloudy day?  whos to say those clouds weren't chosen to better describe the weather patterns than another engine?

this is why Avsim is getting more difficult to participate let alone simply read.

• Upvote 6

Im sorry for all the haters out there but this shot right here is money for me...here it is a FL300 down in southamerica, might as well add this is with P3dv3, PTA and OPUS as weather engine... right on the spot...plus the night time flying is a whole different beast now!

http://FL30.jpg

I'm doing a flight right now, bouncing between REX and AS engines.  I find the REX far more intriguing.  The AS one is good ol' reliable...but I have to admit, REX makes it all look..."thicker", sort of speak.

1 minute ago, Sticky said:

good grief, what were expecting on a vanilla mostly cloudy day?  whos to say those clouds weren't chosen to better describe the weather patterns than another engine?

this is why Avsim is getting more difficult to participate let alone simply read.

I expect to see all of that hype that is printed in the manual to be reflected in the screen shots...with a selection of 3000+ cloud types, we should all expect heart stopping screen shots, but no...YAWN

• Upvote 1

Just now, pracines said:

I expect to see all of that hype that is printed in the manual to be reflected in the screen shots...with a selection of 3000+ cloud types, we should all expect heart stopping screen shots, but no...YAWN

in ONE PICTURE on a basic mostly cloudy today?? 

• Upvote 3