ideoplastic

ImagineSim KATL update P3D4 released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sweet!  My friday night flight shall be ATL based...

Thanks for the headsup, gonna be interesting how much performance has improved, especially with Dynamic Lighting added to this monster

Very interested to hear how this one performs. I installed a demo version for FSX a couple of years back and performance on my setup was shockingly, unusably bad (the only scenery I've seen I would ever say that about). The release says performance is much improved. Hopefully true!

James

Sounds interesting... but maybe I'll wait for FlyTampa-Atlanta... 

In any case - I'd be very interested to hear what people think about this one.

Interested in how DL works with PMDG type planes.

I will let know after tonight's FNO Atlanta on Vatsim, what sort of performance I get. . I will be flying a PMDG aircraft. 

So far in daylight the performance is fine. but during nighttime an dwith DL enabled it suffers quite a big hit here. I know DL is generally a performance hog, but at other big airports (AS, FB, DD) it is much less for me. So right now some mixed feelingd

But of course a free update is appreciated!

Initial experience has been good... performance clearly better than the 2016 version.  Haven't tested dynamic lighting yet.

Only negative at this point is loading times are fairly long.  I can start a flight at pretty much any of the other FSDT, FB, T2G, or FT airports and loading seems fine, but loading a flight at KATL takes nearly twice as long and hangs consistently around 82% for about 10 sec.  Definitely slower load times, but the scenery looks great and frames are a big improvement.

Where does one get the upgrade? I have not received any notification. I went to my account at the flightsim store where I bought the original, I still see the same number of remaining available downloads, nor do I see any notification about KATL being updated.

Can anyone share a link?

Robin - The docs say to simply re-download from the place of your original purchase.  The file you download is a full install package with the P3D4 update baked in. 

6 hours ago, dmiannay said:

Robin - The docs say to simply re-download from the place of your original purchase.  The file you download is a full install package with the P3D4 update baked in. 

Thank you. I got it.

Just finished an arrival and departure from the updated Atlanta during the VATSIM FNO in the PMDG 737 and I am impressed with the new update. There was tons of traffic and my performance with DL and all options enabled was smooth. Atlanta is now a joy to use. Before I had to turn off all the Atlanta features and use the lite textures to even get anything smooth.