Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

Captain Sim 757-200

I saw and read it a few days ago on there site but thank you for the thought and info all the same Dave. Since the updates to the CRJ seem...well let's not go there. Looking forward to hearing feedback when 1.1 comes out.

Keep the info coming Dave it's always good to hear.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The first day of Spring is a good time for a brief heads up on the 1.1 progress....

The first day of Spring? That's 18 days away yet....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

No No Sir.  The BBC weather man said on Wednesday that it was the first day of meteorological spring   ??  :)  Regards.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

The Spring Equinox is on 20th March this year. That is the astronomical (and correct) start of Spring. Meteorologists use a different system, but only because it is easier for them to define each of the seasons as four sets of three full calendar months.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think I'll buy when 1.1 is out. Hopefully soon?? 

Eric 

Love this plane. One of my favorites. Nice to see the devs right on it.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

This thread has been an interesting read. Recently I acquired KOKC as well as KLIT, and with the current FSDT sale, I picked up KSDF and KMEM as well, so I've been looking for a well-simulated cargo plane for primarily short haul, and the 757 seems to fit the bill. It's been interesting to read people's opinions on the CS757. It seems like they have come a long way from their previous planes, and they are introducing features that I personally would not want to be without anymore (such as loading panel states straight from the FMC. I always disliked having to load the running plane and then manually switch everything off... But to each their own!). That said, I will definitely wait for v1.1 before buying, and perhaps even beyond that given that I'm mostly looking to get this for the cargo model.

One note though, from the brief involvement I've had in testing some features for the QW757: The resident "tester pilot" had always told me that the 757 is a slippery plane that doesn't like to slow down much on descent, so the fact that many of you mention having to extend the speed brakes on descent, so as to keep the speed in check, is not that surprising to me. However, CS may of course have exaggerated the effect, or the FMC should take this into account and calculate better descent profiles, I would think.

Also, I thought it may be worthwhile noting that it was announced that the QW757 is on its way to P3dv4, in QW's Q1 update on their facebook page. For the ones on the fence on the CS757, that may be another reason to hold off, though I don't think the QW757 will be here anytime soon... They said that they'd need to get the 787 for P3Dv4 out the door first. Personally, in FSX I liked their 757 better than the CS757, to a large extent because of the former's better performance, but I also enjoyed the QW757's feel more. That said, with the CS757 v3 being a totally new development (or so I understand), the playing field could be very different this time, and I'm very curious to see how things will play out.

Regarding the QW757, I will say this: in some ways it has always been a bit 'lite'. Such as the APU startup switch going automatically to start and then run, without further user interaction. So the CS757 may be the more advanced of the two simulations, contingent on CS doing a proper job of it... By the sound of it they did, but still, the v1.1 release will a deciding moment for me in this release.

Edited by Benjamin J

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

With the hotfixes is the 757 still a bit tough on frames?  I have the NGX and Aerosoft CRJ performing well on my machine and I'm not sure I can afford a 25% hit on frames compared to other planes.  Reading a thread in their forums it looks like performance improvements are in the pipeline but I don't want to buy the plane now if it'l be a stutterfest for me due to poor performance.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Performance hasn't really improved since the first hotfix that allowed you to disable the virtual cabin. It still leaves a little bit to be desired and could be better. The NGX and CRJ definitely perform better.

I too enjoy this airplane - especially after the latest hotfix.  As for performance, I can't say I've noticed anything problematic.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Performs fine for me, only the weather radar turned on on both NDs appears to have an impact on performance.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I ended up buying it and it’s a fun plane. Different than the ngx for sure. It’s got a few bugs but is totally flyable. I do take a performance hit in clouds that puts me below my monitor refresh rate but in decent weather performance is fine. I have a bigger buffer with other planes so I can still take the hit in weather and maintain at least 24 FPS. If they can improve performance I’ll be pretty happy. 

14 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

I ended up buying it and it’s a fun plane. Different than the ngx for sure. It’s got a few bugs but is totally flyable. I do take a performance hit in clouds that puts me below my monitor refresh rate but in decent weather performance is fine. I have a bigger buffer with other planes so I can still take the hit in weather and maintain at least 24 FPS. If they can improve performance I’ll be pretty happy. 

Does the aircraft lose speed and subsequently increase thrust to get back to target speed in cruise when crossing waypoints and turning?

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just now, threegreen said:

Does the aircraft lose speed and subsequently increase to get back to target speed in cruise when crossing waypoints and turning?

I haven't noticed that issue.  I can look for it on my next flight because I haven't paid much attention to that.  The only thing I noticed is the vnav speeds can be a bit wonky such as still trying to maintain cruise speed all the way down to 10k instead of slowing down before hitting it like the ngx would.  That's easy enough to fix though but just going and putting in some speed restrictions in the fmc.

I did another flight into KBZN tonight.  It blew right through the 10k at 240 restriction in the fmc.  I got some seriously weird behavior once I tried to put it into heading mode.  It was bouncing around like there were thunderstorms for no reason and it was still at 330 knots even several hundred feet below 10k.  Is anyone having issues with vnav on descent still?  I'll likely have to switch it to V/S mode and control it manually once I get close to 10k.  Either that or override the speed.