Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

Captain Sim 757-200

So who is flying the new CS757?  From the reports, this may be their best aircraft aircraft yet.  There are a few items like fuel consumption and price but for a V1.0, the actual problems seem be few and minor in nature.  I have their FSX version of the 757 and it doesn't have any major hick-ups and am about ready to pull the trigger on this one.

Waiting for the February update before buying.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

6 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Waiting for the February update before buying.

As am I. I’m not going to buy into a product that has major issues at this point.

• Upvote 1

I also feel tempted but i've lost confidence toward CS long time ago, so it is really difficult for me to pull the trigger ...

• Upvote 1

Artur 

For Captain Sim, I'm very impressed with the 757.  I'm finding it has a few issues, but for me it's not anything that is not manageable or takes away from the enjoyment of flying this aircraft.

I love it's looks and feel.  It hand flies like what I believe an airliner like this would.

For the most part, the FMS works great.  It just has some problem keeping the speed with VNAV, that is selected and the 250kts restraint under 10,000.  I normally don't use VNAV until I'm above 10,000 anyway and on decent I don't use it below 10,000, so it's not a problem.

I am really enjoying the experience of flying this 757, but I understand those who would wait for its minor bugs to be ironed out before buying. I'm glad that I bought it though.

• Upvote 1

I am having problems starting engines.  Even in the only tutorial on line video they had problems.   Followed Captainsims tutorial and same problem. I don't think this is minor.   FMS works great.  Flying is as above....best captainsim to date.  But if you can't star engines from cold and dark scenario they gave us then.... see capt forum.   

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

For Captain Sim, I'm very impressed with the 757.  I'm finding it has a few issues, but for me it's not anything that is not manageable or takes away from the enjoyment of flying this aircraft.

I love it's looks and feel.  It hand flies like what I believe an airliner like this would.

For the most part, the FMS works great.  It just has some problem keeping the speed with VNAV, that is selected and the 250kts restraint under 10,000.  I normally don't use VNAV until I'm above 10,000 anyway and on decent I don't use it below 10,000, so it's not a problem.

I am really enjoying the experience of flying this 757, but I understand those who would wait for its minor bugs to be ironed out before buying. I'm glad that I bought it though.

LOL I just discovered the problem with it keeping its speed and VNAV when I stalled and crashed into the ground from FL200 on my first flight. Up until that point I quite liked it :)

• Upvote 1

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

I am really enjoying the 757.  I have had no issues at starting the engines. The only issue I have had is with what has been stated above with speed hold in VNAV, and as said, it is very manageable. It looks stunning, both inside and out.  And it flies very well. Turning both packs off to start the engines gets me a good start every time. I don't think this is the correct way for the real thing,  but I've had other payware before that required the same thing.

How are Captain Sim these days? I bought their C-130 for FS9 years ago, and got into some activation trouble. No support to be had so the addon had to be trashed. I've never used them since, but things might have changed?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Been flying it a few times now. Its a fun aircraft to fly. Never had a problem starting engines. The biggest outstanding issues right now is the fuel consumption and speed control. Seems to completely ignore VNAV and last flight i even lost the AT and manually used the throttles for my flight. Everything is functional. Whether I would call this a "study level" would be debatable and subjective to each person. Its alot more indepth then previous aircraft and except for the aforementioned items, its quite functional. But to be honest the FlightFactor 757v1 still does a better job and I dont even have thier V2 yet. Probably more for the details, like the engine startup sequence, or the power dimming that happens when switching from GP to APU gen. We will see what happens when the next SP comes out and how serious they are about making it very decent aircraft to a great one. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

9 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Been flying it a few times now. Its a fun aircraft to fly. Never had a problem starting engines. The biggest outstanding issues right now is the fuel consumption and speed control. Seems to completely ignore VNAV and last flight i even lost the AT and manually used the throttles for my flight. Everything is functional. Whether I would call this a "study level" would be debatable and subjective to each person. Its alot more indepth then previous aircraft and except for the aforementioned items, its quite functional. But to be honest the FlightFactor 757v1 still does a better job and I dont even have thier V2 yet. Probably more for the details, like the engine startup sequence, or the power dimming that happens when switching from GP to APU gen. We will see what happens when the next SP comes out and how serious they are about making it very decent aircraft to a great one. 

How its it 'functional' when the vnav, lnav and auto throttle doesnt work??

I don't mean that in a horrible way, but im confused as how a boeing can be functional when the lnav and vnav don't work. You might as as well fly a default aircraft if youre going to use heading and selected speeds surely??? 

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

There's a problem with VNAV and speed restrictions and it's known and going to be fixed. No reason to say it's not working and/or not functional.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

22 minutes ago, threegreen said:

There's a problem with VNAV and speed restrictions and it's known and going to be fixed. No reason to say it's not working and/or not functional.

I still don't get it. 

I've a microwave in my kitchen, so that's like saying it doesn't heat soup up but the bowl spins around. 

Someone's going to fix it next month so I can eat hot soup as well as soup that has spinned around the microwave.  But until then it's OK???? 

The reason I say this is around  8 years ago captain sim and bbs started this pay to beta nonsense and here we are in 2018 with half baked 757s, CRJs and bbs buses and people just shrug their shoulders thinking its OK 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, tooting said:

I don't mean that in a horrible way, but im confused as how a boeing can be functional when the lnav and vnav don't work. You might as as well fly a default aircraft if youre going to use heading and selected speeds surely??? 

I don't know about anyone else, but the only problem that I have with VNAV is it maintaining 250kts under 10,000ft.  I've used VNAV above 10,000 with no problem. It doesn't seem to overspeed when on VNAV, just passes the 250kt restriction.

It has no problems that I can see with LNAV.  The aircraft will follow the lateral path just fine.

7 hours ago, monica6211 said:

I am really enjoying the 757.  I have had no issues at starting the engines. The only issue I have had is with what has been stated above with speed hold in VNAV, and as said, it is very manageable. It looks stunning, both inside and out.  And it flies very well. Turning both packs off to start the engines gets me a good start every time. I don't think this is the correct way for the real thing,  but I've had other payware before that required the same thing.

I have no problems at all starting the engines.  It is a normal procedure to turn off both packs before starting the engines with the APU.  This is the way I have done it for years with the NGX.

I'm echoing tooting...  it's functional but...

Gonna stay on the fence a little longer. Don't want to add to the Capt Sim collectables currently collecting dust.

Bill M

Bill Moore