Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

11.20VR2 released !

Anyone have a WMR headset recommendation?

I am drawn by their lower prices overall as I just want something to use for some flights here and there while I wait for higher resolution Vive or Rift. 

Curious which is the best WMR HMD for XP VR usage?

3 hours ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

Hi, it's time to warm up you VR headsets (if you have one ;-) )

https://developer.x-plane.com/2018/02/x-plane-desktop-vr2-preview-released/

Cheers,

Pascal

Very cool its funny I just tried the oculus rift  last week since my nephew bought it... I was trying it out on x-plane was trying to hard to to get to the breaks on the md-80 I couldn't do it!  because the damn wall was in the way! lol in my small computer  room lol finally they added the ability to point at switches and  some other great features unfortunately  vr gets me a little motion sick but it might just my nephews lower specs.

2 hours ago, irrics said:

I am drawn by their lower prices overall as I just want something to use for some flights here and there while I wait for higher resolution Vive or Rift. 

Hi irrics sorry wish I could help you I have only tried the oculus rift :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Anyone else using a Nvidia card, GTX1070 in my case, noticed that AA doesn't work in this beta?  It was fine in the previous one.  I'm not using VR by the way.

8 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Anyone else using a Nvidia card, GTX1070 in my case, noticed that AA doesn't work in this beta?  It was fine in the previous one.  I'm not using VR by the way.

yes posted that on there feedback, think we might be missing some minor roads as well

With the latest update I didnt have many houses anymore... I dont know what happened but the autogen even on max was giving me just few houses

Looks like scenery object shadows are now always active, no matter what is set in the right checkbox

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Been waiting for this one,time to get back into XPane :biggrin:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

23 hours ago, irrics said:

The Samsung Odyssey is the highest spec WMR headset, has the highest available resolution in any headset, and is temporarily on sale at a $100 discount.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

@HiFlyer Thank you!

That looks like the one to try out!

Just ordered one...excited to be back for some VR, if for nothing beyond flying the choppers...man is that amazing in VR!!

irrics,

Good luck mate. Just for  our further information can you please post further on you satisfaction status after install and a few flights?

Have you any Occulus or Vive experience and if possible can you tell us why you have opted for Mixed Reality as a stopgap. Currently I believe it is more expensive than the Occulus, so I can only assume that you believe MR is a better resolution system. I would really love to know what the factor is, that draws you  in this direction.

Actually, this is the first post that I have noticed which may promote further interest in MR in preference to (current) VR. If any simmers prefer MR could I respectfully request reasons why etc. Are the controllers similiar and does MR support mouse use. Lots of questions here but I will, for the moment, sit back and watch with interest.

Devon, 

Have you tried both MR and VR. I seem to remember you in a post where you have opted for the Rift 

Cheers to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hi Tony - I will for sure report back..

I had a Rift with Flyinside on P3D VR a long time back and really really loved it...except for the resolution/SDE issues.

From all I can tell, people love the Samsung WMR due to the slightly better resolution and also the "mixed reality" part really is misleading.  It's a VR headset experience all the way honestly from what I can tell.

In any case, simming in 2d was totally ruined for me by VR and so I really have missed it and am excited to get an HMD again, if for nothing else but just helicopters.  Man...helo's in VR are outrageously awesome!

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Devon, 

Have you tried both MR and VR. I seem to remember you in a post where you have opted for the Rift 

Cheers to all

I grabbed the Oculus over the Vive after research showed that Oculus being generally acknowledged as better for sit-down experiences like flight simulators. Plus, It was also the only other option other than the Vive at the time, which was significantly more expensive.

Now we know that the higher resolution Vive pro is coming, but The Samsung odyssey already matches that higher resolution, so.....

The only question after that is compatibility with our current sims, and XP VR2 just announced WMR compatibility.

Flyinside is also mostly compatible. As far as I know P3D native currently is not, without some fiddling.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

16 minutes ago, irrics said:

@HiFlyer  Is that your video?

Do you know the PC specs that user (or you) are using?

Not my video, and no idea of his specs.

You ever notice how few video makers ever post their specs? :blink:

Devons rig